Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kenneth dixon

Started by Big_Red_1, December 26, 2014, 12:54:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on December 26, 2014, 10:44:46 pm
Every team in sports embellishes their players heights and weights.

Now you're saying he's not an every down back in the SEC. Earlier, he just wasn't big enough to play in the SEC, period.

Looks like he's improving already.

No, my point was why recruit a kid you know will be limited in what he offers you before he even steps foot on campus? 

Hense, not really an SEC caliber back. 
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on December 26, 2014, 10:44:46 pm
Every team in sports embellishes their players heights and weights.

Yes. You got my point there.  It's doubtful Dixon is that big.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: VT HOG on December 26, 2014, 11:19:49 pm
He also has LA techs o line blocking against much better defenses.

Obviously, but if he's as good as some attempt to portray one would expect better production than that.

Someone earlier mentioned DeAngelo Williams, and I believe he consistently put up good numbers against good competition, and he was playing at sorry assed Memphis.

A true stud RB will put up solid numbers most of the time, even against better competition.

Quote from: VT HOG on December 26, 2014, 11:19:49 pm
Let's see if he gets drafted in a couple of years, I believe he will. I'm not saying he's better than jwill or collins, but the kid is a very solid RB.

I think the kid has got talent.  I'm not dogging him.

He's got very nice speed and really good quickness, and from what I saw today pretty good hands.

I think he possibly could make the NFL as a 3rd down back and kick returner, but I think even that is a long shot perhaps.  I'll be pulling for him as I do all Arkansas kids that don't go to Auburn.

Hambone Hog

You have to take into account the o-line that he has to run behind at Tech compared to what he would have at Arkansas. He puts up solid numbers with what he has. I attend Tech and see him around campus pretty often, and I'd say his measurables are pretty accurate.

Although I don't think he's at j-will's or Collins' level, I think he would be good enough to get significant carries for the hogs.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 26, 2014, 11:36:08 pm
Obviously, but if he's as good as some attempt to portray one would expect better production than that.

Someone earlier mentioned DeAngelo Williams, and I believe he consistently put up good numbers against good competition, and he was playing at sorry assed Memphis.

A true stud RB will put up solid numbers most of the time, even against better competition.

I think the kid has got talent.  I'm not dogging him.

He's got very nice speed and really good quickness, and from what I saw today pretty good hands.

I think he possibly could make the NFL as a 3rd down back and kick returner, but I think even that is a long shot perhaps.  I'll be pulling for him as I do all Arkansas kids that don't go to Auburn.
A true stud RB will not put up solid numbers most of the time with inferior talent around him. See Darren Mcfadden in Oakland

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 27, 2014, 05:18:25 pm
A true stud RB will not put up solid numbers most of the time with inferior talent around him. See Darren Mcfadden in Oakland

College and pros, big difference.  But keep trying.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 27, 2014, 06:24:11 pm
College and pros, big difference.  But keep trying.
You posted his stats against Auburn. You don't think there's a huge difference in talent between Auburn and La Tech? I wasn't trying but you sure can. If the O line can't block the d line the RB will not produce. Period. It's not a video game.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 27, 2014, 07:09:49 pm
You posted his stats against Auburn. You don't think there's a huge difference in talent between Auburn and La Tech? I wasn't trying but you sure can. If the O line can't block the d line the RB will not produce. Period. It's not a video game.

As I said earlier in this thread, if Dixon is the stud so many portray him to be, he would average more than 3.1 yards per carry against good defenses.

Your flawed logic does not change that fact. There have been hundreds and hundreds of situations in the past college football where a stud running back gained 150 or 200 yards against a much better team. It happens quite frequently.  That's one way these lower-division studs get found.

But also telling in those stats was his limited number of carries versus those defenses. If he was this stud, this super stud running back who was unstoppable, his offense would have been giving him the ball more than 12 or 13 or 15 times a game.

hvsupastar

Or, maybe his coaches were logical in not getting him injured in a non conference game that has no chance of being close
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

wildwolf

I have no pony in this race, but, as I recall, many of you said the same negative comments about DeAngelo Williams. I distinctly remember one hog fan posting that Williams could NEVER gain those yards against SEC teams as he did against CUSA teams. Well, as we all know, to date,  Williams has gained over 7,000. yards in the NFL. Oh, Dixon is larger than Williams and just as fast!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: wildwolf on December 31, 2014, 02:11:21 pm
I have no pony in this race, but, as I recall, many of you said the same negative comments about DeAngelo Williams. I distinctly remember one hog fan posting that Williams could NEVER gain those yards against SEC teams as he did against CUSA teams. Well, as we all know, to date,  Williams has gained over 7,000. yards in the NFL. Oh, Dixon is larger than Williams and just as fast!

Dixon is not larger than DWilliams.  He may be slightly taller, but he doesn't have the thickness than DW has.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 27, 2014, 11:24:01 pm
Or, maybe his coaches were logical in not getting him injured in a non conference game that has no chance of being close

So the coaches at LT are a bunch of *ussies?

Truthfully, I've never heard of a second tier school holding out their key players against better competition.

And his carries were about the same vs. Ill, and they were in a pretty close game most of the way there.  Were they holding him out then, too?

#1 STUNNA

I can't believe collins only had 6 carries for 13 yards against Bama... He must suck... Any stud should put up good numbers even if your team is inferior..

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 05, 2015, 12:31:57 pm
I can't believe collins only had 6 carries for 13 yards against Bama... He must suck... Any stud should put up good numbers even if your team is inferior..

You've got a point there, but I've spent my time (probably wasted my time) in this thread addressing the people who try to portray Dixon as this super stud RB that the UA was retarded not to get.

I don't think anyone is saying AC is a super stud RB.  Good, but not a super stud.  Just like KD IMO.

#1 STUNNA

I believe that he is above average against the competition that he is playing. So I think he could atleast be average and provide depth here and who knows he could possibly have been a star here... But we will never know..

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 05, 2015, 02:13:30 pm
I believe that he is above average against the competition that he is playing. So I think he could atleast be average and provide depth here and who knows he could possibly have been a star here... But we will never know..

Probably could produce some here, but it's not like the UA "missed" on this kid, especially when one computes the grades issue into the formula.

Risking a roster slot to an average back who might produce but doesn't have the grades in line??  That's not a complicated decision IMO.

DeltaBoy

He should have gotten a offer from the Hogs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hvsupastar

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 06, 2015, 08:28:43 am

Considering about 10 guys from that class never contributed here, absolutely he should have
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 06, 2015, 08:28:43 am

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 06, 2015, 09:54:45 am
Considering about 10 guys from that class never contributed here, absolutely he should have

What both of you hindsighters are missing/ignoring is the grades situation.

What good does it do to offer and sign a guy who can't get into your institution?

It would be a waste of the valuable 25 we can sign in a class.

I guess all you guys would feel better, though.

hvsupastar

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 06, 2015, 10:01:30 am
What both of you hindsighters are missing/ignoring is the grades situation.

What good does it do to offer and sign a guy who can't get into your institution?

It would be a waste of the valuable 25 we can sign in a class.

I guess all you guys would feel better, though.

What you are missing is that everybody on this board, in this state, and in this country realize that a lot of teams missed on that young man but you.

I never knew grades was an issue for him until this thread, how convenient.  Fact is Dixon was just a late bloomer and LaTech got a gem.   

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Wooderson

Really wish he was a Hog. Oh well.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 05, 2015, 12:53:54 pm
You've got a point there, but I've spent my time (probably wasted my time) in this thread addressing the people who try to portray Dixon as this super stud RB that the UA was retarded not to get.

I don't think anyone is saying AC is a super stud RB.  Good, but not a super stud.  Just like KD IMO.
Bobby was a Moron for not getting him. He took his HS team and carried them to a State Title.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 13, 2015, 09:54:02 pm
  Bobby was a Moron for not getting him. He took his HS team and carried them to a State Title.

Kennth Dixon is probably the greatest running back ever to come out of the state of Arkansas -- maybe the best athlete ever.  He's a surefire NFL first round draft pick and will without question end up being an NFL Hall of Famer.

He's a living legend.  And a great humanitarian.

pigture perfect

He's no Shabazz. But he is good.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 15, 2015, 12:25:50 am
He's no Shabazz. But he is good.

Basil Shabazz couldn't carry Dixon's jock strap!!

And the proof is that Dixon had success at LOUISIANA TECH!!  Where did Shabazz play??  Oklahoma??  They didn't do much in the 80's!!