Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 08:54:37 am

BOYCOTT THE NFL

Started by arslp, September 24, 2017, 12:37:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arslp

I don't care if the NFL folds. I am a Christian, a Patriot and an Nfl fan in that order. Some things are just more important
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

DEVIL DOG HOG

I started boycotting last year.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

hobhog

Because why?

Postin g before moved

RebelliousHog

Saw this in ArkDemGaz.

Do like they do in college. Keep them in the dressing room till right before kick-off. No venue.

What bugs the crap outta me is that a QB who couldn't start for a bad 49er team has started a trend. 
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Hoggish1

Don't start a thread with a flawed premise for it.

arslp

Quote from: hobhog on September 24, 2017, 12:41:16 pm
Because why?

Postin g before moved

I don't think you have it in you to understand. 
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Hawgphish

What specifically are they protesting by taking a knee?

arslp

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 24, 2017, 12:44:54 pm
Don't start a thread with a flawed premise for it.

Still America; and First Amendment applies for boycotting, as well.  NFL players are the only ones allowed free speech?

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hogcard1964

I stopped watching officially last week.  I won't go back until they take out the trash.

Hawgphish

IF I was the PA annoucer i would say, " to honor this great country that we love so dearly, please sit, stand or Kneel for the playing of the national anthem."

Now what are they going to do....

Psychohog

Never smarten up a chump.

jimmiewkersh

These activities would stop in a second if the government removed the anti-trust exemption enjoyed by all professional sports organizations.

hobhog

Quote from: arslp on September 24, 2017, 12:45:56 pm
I don't think you have it in you to understand.

Im not going to let a few guys I could care less about affect my hobbies/schedule/sports.

Playing right into their hands....

arslp

Quote from: Hawgphish on September 24, 2017, 12:46:32 pm

That they're not getting enough attention.  Millions in revenue isn't enough.  Have you ever seen or heard tell of any of these "solidarity" folks ever going to the south side of Chicago and taking a knee or "protesting" until the murder rate goes down?  Me, either.

arslp

Quote from: hobhog on September 24, 2017, 12:55:48 pm
Im not going to let a few guys I could care less about affect my hobbies/schedule/sports.

Playing right into their hands....

Eating one small toes still makes someone a cannibal.  Their "In your face" to the institutions - all of them, and the people who fought and died to keep them - even if these worms wouldn't - is agreement with them; and that's how it is.

longpig

Quote from: arslp on September 24, 2017, 12:56:33 pm
That they're not getting enough attention.  Millions in revenue isn't enough.  Have you ever seen or heard tell of any of these "solidarity" folks ever going to the south side of Chicago and taking a knee or "protesting" until the murder rate goes down?  Me, either.

Why did you pick a town with the tenth highest murder rate? 

Rhetorical question.  You did it because you're stupid and this is a stupid post.
Don't be scared, be smart.

alohawg

Quote from: Hawgphish on September 24, 2017, 12:46:32 pm

Institutional injustices supposedly- a vague description of an imaginary system of racially motivated discrimination so ingrained in America's institutons(education, police, justice sys etc...) in the subconscious, that we as a nation are hopelessly guilty of, so much so that nothing can really be done other than destroy it all and remake it by any and all non-caucasian influences.

Not trying to politicize, ironically, but it is the subject, unfortunately.
In other words, if you're white, it's your fault, everything, everything wrong in America and the world.
The seeds of division were planted and watered by a community (dis)organizer for 8 years.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

RebelliousHog

Quote from: alohawg on September 24, 2017, 01:04:35 pm
Institutional injustices supposedly- a vague description of an imaginary system of racially motivated discrimination so ingrained in America's institutons(education, police, justice sys etc...) in the subconscious, that we as a nation are hopelessly guilty of, so much so that nothing can really be done other than destroy it all and remake it by any and all non-caucasian influences.

Not trying to politicize, ironically, but it is the subject, unfortunately.
In other words, if you're white, it's your fault, everything, everything wrong in America and the world.
The seeds of division were planted and watered by a community (dis)organizer for 8 years.

You mean the America where a kid from the projects can work himself into a mufti-million dollar contract?

You mean THAT America.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Dr. Starcs

alohawg

This is my first day boycotting these aholes and if ONE Cowboy sits tomorrow,  done with them too.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hobhog

Prima Donnas and over inflated egos have been damaging the NFL for years. Not honoring contracts. Ridiculous "look at me" behavior. Disrespecting the flag and anthem.

They dont care, they're getting paid. Future of game and sports figures being considered role models be darned. .

Wildhog

lol, you want to protest the NFL because of NFL players protesting. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Count Hogula

Quote from: Wildhog on September 25, 2017, 12:20:50 pm

Future Rocket Scientists showing who really owns them. We've even got the "black power" fist, now..

pigture perfect

More importantly perhaps, is anyone more sympathetic to social issues because of the players protests? I'm finding myself more apathetic right now than sympathetic.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkSoda

Quote from: IronHog on September 24, 2017, 12:48:15 pm

Boring football mostly

It's as bad as NASCAR
don't be talking chit about NASCAR.  There are plenty of boring sports like baseball and golf.  Driving 200 mph bumper to bumper is not boring.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Wildhog on September 25, 2017, 12:20:50 pm
it's a boycott, not a protest really. We are just choosing not to spend money on their products or their sponsors. I speak for myself that if they would have come out unified with a PSA from the Players Union about inequality I would championing their cause with them. Yet they chose something purposefully divisive. That's not how to improve relationships and causes.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 28, 2017, 11:04:47 pm
it's a boycott, not a protest really. We are just choosing not to spend money on their products or their sponsors. I speak for myself that if they would have come out unified with a PSA from the Players Union about inequality I would championing their cause with them. Yet they chose something purposefully divisive. That's not how to improve relationships and causes.

Very well stated.

Wildhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 28, 2017, 11:04:47 pm

A boycott is a form of protest.  You're a counter-protester.  Nothing wrong with that.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977