Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Class of 2019 updates: Justice Hill & more

Started by Kevin McPherson, June 16, 2017, 12:12:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FineAsSwine

What is going on with this list? Justice Hill isn't in the top 100 nor is he even listed as a 3*. When I did a player search, I couldn't even find him as a prospect. Yet, he is tearing it up at several elite camps. Counterintuitive but, oh well. Glad he is a Hog.

Quote from: jbcarol on June 16, 2017, 07:58:51 am
Evan Daniels‏Verified account @EvanDaniels 54s55 seconds ago

Our 2019 rankings have been extended from a top 60 to a top 100. Who made the list? | Story: http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1785183-updated-2019-top-100 ...

2019 Basketball Recruiting Prospects

FineAsSwine

Also, if you look at that list of top players in 2019 and pay attention to the team logos next to each players name as an indicator of their schools of interest, there isn't a Hog logo anywhere by any kids name in the whole top 100. See Florida, A&M, Alabama and other SEC teams listed numerous times throughout that list. That's where we need to be.

Got to make a statement in the college basketball world in the next two years to become more of a destination for top talent that isn't from around here. Time to win big and go national in our recruiting.

We are set for the next two or three years, and beyond if the top instate kids in the class of 2020 makes early commitments to the Hogs like those of the 2017 and 2018 class and that's why the PK80 and SEC/BIG12 Challenge are so important in terms of giving us an opportunity to make statements on the national stage with our performance on the court to help change the narrative. Which, I think we took steps toward with the turnaround that began with the road win at SC.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 16, 2017, 12:45:12 pm
What is going on with this list? Justice Hill isn't in the top 100 nor is he even listed as a 3*. When I did a player search, I couldn't even find him as a prospect. Yet, he is tearing it up at several elite camps. Counterintuitive but, oh well. Glad he is a Hog.

Justice is ranked Top 100, a 4-star by Future150, and that national service covers the camps (ScoutFocus Elite80 that is affiliated with ESPN) that Justice has attended. Justice is a pass-first PG who is playing up, so his numbers are not eye-popping compared to most PGs who tend to be score-first. Throw in the fact he's under 6-0 -- very few Top 100 players are under 6-feet tall -- and it helps explain his absence from these lists.

He's a Top 100 caliber player, though. He had an outstanding May, really saw him make strides in how he attacked defenses; set his teammates up; directed movement, flow, and spacing; shot and scored more to keep defenses honest; and his defense improved, too. If he has a big July -- which is the money month in grassroots basketball -- we might see his name pop up on some of these lists by the end of the summer.

And, he'll be back on the circuit next spring and summer after his junior year, so he'll have more opportunities to move up the charts.

Kevin McPherson

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 16, 2017, 12:59:34 pm
Also, if you look at that list of top players in 2019 and pay attention to the team logos next to each players name as an indicator of their schools of interest, there isn't a Hog logo anywhere by any kids name in the whole top 100. See Florida, A&M, Alabama and other SEC teams listed numerous times throughout that list. That's where we need to be.

Got to make a statement in the college basketball world in the next two years to become more of a destination for top talent that isn't from around here. Time to win big and go national in our recruiting.

We are set for the next two or three years, and beyond if the top instate kids in the class of 2020 makes early commitments to the Hogs like those of the 2017 and 2018 class and that's why the PK80 and SEC/BIG12 Challenge are so important in terms of giving us an opportunity to make statements on the national stage with our performance on the court to help change the narrative. Which, I think we took steps toward with the turnaround that began with the road win at SC.

Hogs have no slots open for 2019 as of now, with one '19 player committed in Justice Hill. The growing chances that Juice will reclassify to 2018 may be in part due to the Hogs still having 2 spots available for that class. Of course, with attrition in college basketball being so high these days, the Hogs will recruit players from the '19 class because they could have openings by then. Locally, they are recruiting two NLR wing players -- Shawns Fudge and Collin Moore -- as well as Rayville, LA, shooting guard Mylik Wilson of the Wings Elite 16U team. You can also bet they'll be staying on Javon Franklin, who is at Holmes CC and will be a junior-college transfer in the c/o 2019.

Filthy_McSwine

I like Hill but I like Isaac McBride at Baptist Prep better.

NWAHog479