Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Being reported that there is some serious behind the scenes stuff going on

Started by intoxhog, November 27, 2007, 07:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ToddW

The more I think of Tubby as HC I get excited.  He knows how to recruit the state, I like how he speaks in interviews.  He is from Arkansas and I think would be treated awesome here.  He would unite the state as soon as it was announced. 
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

TheHogFan

This board sure does jump when Otis speaks, yet he gets bashed non stop on here. Hmmmmmmmm.................

Buck Brewer

College football has become a high stakes poker game.  Time to pony up!  Pay the man $7M just for good measure!

ToddW

Quote from: Mikey on November 27, 2007, 08:21:01 pm
While Auburn's offense wasn't what I would call exciting, we need a proven winner like TT.

Yeah but Tubby even said that there QB wasn't really that good.  I like that on nonsense type of attitude.  Look at me I'm gushing over Tubby!  I'm becoming a Tubby Hugger :)  I don't really think that is a bad thing.

Marshfieldhog

Gotta go with TT, Kiffin is a huge risk...might as well go with Gus if you want a risk. TT is a sure winner.

Soooie21

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

arkansas razorbacks

Quote from: hogfan0307 on November 27, 2007, 08:22:10 pm
TT = kodi burns too? Maybe Ziemba?
No chance on Ziemba...hes parents were both AU grads, he committed to the school, not the coach. I have no idea on burns though. id imagine he would stay put. he'll probably be starting next year.

JBucc

Quote from: HAWGS on November 27, 2007, 08:07:41 pm
Im callin it right now.  If we were to to actually get Tuberville, in under 5 years, there will be a National Championship on the Hill.

Mark me down.
I'd say an SEC championship. Not sure about National.
Read the guidelines for signature images.

nahnahrenee

I just hope he could be a couple of his recruits with him.  He got some GREAT ones coming in...... as he always does
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

VRaptor

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: arkansas razorbacks on November 27, 2007, 08:25:23 pm
No chance on Ziemba...hes parents were both AU grads, he committed to the school, not the coach. I have no idea on burns though. id imagine he would stay put. he'll probably be starting next year.
wasn't he a starter this year?
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: Demaghog on November 27, 2007, 08:02:41 pm
It seems too likely that Sexton is using us.  I don't buy it one bit.  But TT is such a great coach we have to at least give it a chance.

The fact that it is even being reported makes me think Sexton is releasing this info! 

Sexton had the perfect opportunity to say something this morning on the radio in Memphis, and he did not mention TT.  He only mentioned that BD would have been perfect for the position, but there was little chance of that now since he had signed his new contract with UNC.  I would have thought he would have leaked something then if he was trying to bolster TT's extension at AUB.

Brand X Hog Fan

My picks in order of preference

1.  Kiffin

2.  Tubberville

3.  Malzahn

4.  Peterson
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Myhre

Quote from: ToddW on November 27, 2007, 08:23:41 pm
Yeah but Tubby even said that there QB wasn't really that good.  I like that on nonsense type of attitude.  Look at me I'm gushing over Tubby!  I'm becoming a Tubby Hugger :)  I don't really think that is a bad thing.

I'm with ya man, how about being a Tugger?

dwf531

I just looked on the auburn boards and they are talking about a 7 year deal that has been agreed on in principal by both parties for him to stay

regi

Pitrino was very bland in his answer today about his interest in some of these college jobs. The media and sportstalk people seem to think he is very unhappy and not getting to coach the team he signed on for (no Vick). Bobby Lowder (?) and some other AU people really wanted this guy a couple of years ago. Can Sexton, who is the agent for both, work out a TT to UA, Pitrino to AU deal? Or is Pitrino hoping LSU opens up, as has been rumored?

JBucc

Quote from: dwf531 on November 27, 2007, 08:31:04 pm
I just looked on the auburn boards and they are talking about a 7 year deal that has been agreed on in principal by both parties for him to stay
Are we just being used again?
Read the guidelines for signature images.

hogfan0307

What about this link guys: http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/11/tommy_tuberville_auburn_agree.html

Talks about TT agreeing in prinicple to a 7 yr deal...he could be using us to get more money maybe

Hog-I

Quote from: Myhre on November 27, 2007, 08:30:45 pm
I'm with ya man, how about being a Tugger?

Oh, man.  I want to hire him now just so we can say Tugger.  I'm proud to be a Tugger!

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: BaylorHOG on November 27, 2007, 07:33:19 pm
I'd rather have Kiffin or Peterson before Tubberville.

Is it because Kiffin and Peterson are easier to spell?

The Great Hambino

I would love to have TT.  But if there is any chance of getting Cowher, Butch, or JJ, we have to go for them first.

Oliver

Quote from: hogfan0307 on November 27, 2007, 08:31:50 pm
What about this link guys: http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/11/tommy_tuberville_auburn_agree.html

Talks about TT agreeing in prinicple to a 7 yr deal...he could be using us to get more money maybe

Okay.  Tommy Tuberville and Butch Davis are out the window.  Maybe Kiffin now?

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 27, 2007, 07:35:15 pm
Loop Hold, that's a new one on me.

I could see TT going to Auburn and saying I've done just about all I can do here and would like to move on and try to negotiate a lesser amount.  Now Auburn's administration is probably smart enough to not let him go to a divisional rival.  I'm just guessing that they are that intelligent since our guys obviously aren't. 

I think a loop hold must be similar to a Full Nelson.

threeNout

Look at TT's SEC road record while at Auburn...it's incredibly good.

ToddW

AuTiger1980

Tubs is set for his 3rd full day of meeting with our AD tomorrow. He hasn't been talking about the Arky job with anyone unless it was Jay Jacobs.

hogomatic

Didnt he lose to South Florida and Mississippi State earlier this year?

Rsvlhog

All I'm saying is if they offered testicle 2.4 million to stay they darn sure better get someone like TT or better and offer at least that much to the new coach. It better not end up like the basketball fiasco.

Fire White!
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

RazorNick

Maybe we are being sent out on a wild goose chase to distract attention from what is really happening.

ThaRockArkansas

Would be great if Ziemba and Burns follow.....And we get his 5 star recruit comming in next year to follow him to the hill!
http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=71525

Rsvlhog

Quote from: AuTiger1980 on November 27, 2007, 08:36:43 pm
Tubs is set for his 3rd full day of meeting with our AD tomorrow. He hasn't been talking about the Arky job with anyone unless it was Jay Jacobs.

Really? OK

ak5150

Desperate Hog

My biggest concern about TT is if he can recruit.  He's getting up there in age.  Does he still have the energy?  Will he be motivated after signing for big dollars?  Can he relate to today's teenagers?  I think he's a solid coach and person and would be a good hire although I think Davis is the much better recruiter.
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

RazorNick

Quote from: ak5150 on November 27, 2007, 08:41:01 pm
Why would Otis start this rumor.  Is he messing with us. 

To draw attention away from Cowher....LOL

Rsvlhog

RazorBassin

I wish we could get something firm one way or the other.  I can't wait 72 more hours.  I have been pasted to this computer for days waiting on the firing, and now I am doing the same with the hiring. 

regi

Quote from: AuTiger1980 on November 27, 2007, 08:36:43 pm

I am sure Nutt told Dr. White and Frank that he was taking the OleMiss job just before they agreed on the 3.5 million dollar buyout.

RazorNick

HIRE NUTT!!!.........................................

Just kidding!

Wayne Watson

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on November 27, 2007, 07:32:36 pm
No way we pay 6 million to buy him out.  That would be the biggest waste of time and money, ever.

We pissed off what last night.........3.5?
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

neahog

Quote from: MalzhanFan on November 27, 2007, 07:34:54 pm
I would rather have someone new.  Like maybe Jimmy Johnson or Guss Malzahan.
New like Malzahn?...Malzahn was here last year.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

OrvilleRedenporker

I have a source who said the deal with Tuberville began when Auburn played Arkansas.  Jimmy Sexton, the agent for both coaches was in attendance and the subject was addressed....Tuberville to Arkansas, Nutt to be bought out.

Gov Hog

Doesn't make sense to help Auburn by giving them 6 million bucks.  If we are going to spend that much there should be someone else we can get.  That would be about as stupid as going to war with a country and paying them a bunch of money to help them fight us.  Who would ever do something as stupid as that?

The_Iceman

Quote from: OrvilleRedenporker on November 27, 2007, 08:52:47 pm
I have a source who said the deal with Tuberville began when Auburn played Arkansas.  Jimmy Sexton, the agent for both coaches was in attendance and the subject was addressed....Tuberville to Arkansas, Nutt to be bought out.

doesnt everybody have a "source"? lol

OrvilleRedenporker

It is my sense that the Razorback Foundation, given the sick state of affairs when HDN took over, views the last ten years as cheap coaching.  I believe they feel theyve gotten off fairly easy, evidenced by their willingness to remove the "golden handcuffs".  If there is any way that the buyout is negotiable for coach Tuberville and he has interest, there is more than enough money in the Razorback foundation coffers.

OrvilleRedenporker

Lol, Lmao whatever you want...this person is in the Tuberville family.

Trottsky

The BAC is smarter than we think! The idea is to make all the other SEC schools blow huge wads of cash on their coaches, then UA sneaks in with a lowly up-and-comer. What geniuses! Except, Hogs get dough-popped by everybody for next five years.

Stop the madness!