Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You guys will get a kick out of this

Started by saywhat?, November 27, 2007, 10:35:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

saywhat?

First both of my sisters are Ole Miss grads so my parents are Ole Miss fans.  Well I called last night to tease them about hiring Nutt and they thought I was just kidding.  My mom leaves me a message this morning saying she's got 3 tents and a bunch of Ole Miss chairs for sale if I know anyone who wants them.  She said I thought you were kidding last night but they just announced it and we're never going back to the Grove.

the wife

I kind of hope a few more Ole Miss fans feel this way!! I do wish Nutt the best though...hehehehe!

tulsadst

I was on the phone with a good friend who is an Ole Miss fan last night.  He called me in a PANIC, after he heard they were more than likely going to hire Nutt.  He WAS NOT happy, to say the least...

Big Daddy

Hey Ole Miss ever heard of a background check? But I'm glad he's there so we can kick that tail ( a little Robert Felton lingo).

HoggyWayne

Hotty Toddy! TP may want the tents because I doubt she has any Ole Miss clothes yet.  :razorback:

PearlHarbor

Does ole miss even have a free message board? My gawd, no wonder they suck!

Donny2665

Nutt will finally get Croomed next year.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

bullwarrior

I can't wait till Old Miss beats the crap out of the hogs, and they have 500 yards rushing against us.  What will be said on here then?

Congrats to Nutt and good luck!

Donny2665

Quote from: bullwarrior on November 27, 2007, 10:44:37 am
I can't wait till Old Miss beats the crap out of the hogs, and they have 500 yards rushing against us.  What will be said on here then?

Troll!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

tennhogfan

My wife and I went to the Ole Miss game this year with some Ole Miss friends of ours. I wrote "Houston, you're fired" on the back of our truck and we drove it to the game. Arkansas fans loved it and Ole Miss fans thought it was hilarious! After the game it read "Houston, you're /\ still fired"!! I griped and complained to my friends all weekend about Nutt. Last night I called to congratulate him. He said "yeah, we are both in the same boat. We can both start over with great coaches now". I said, "You haven't heard yet have you?" He said, "Heard what?" I said, "You remember how I griped that whole weekend about our coach? Well, get ready to do the same the next few years!!!!" He threw the telephone out in his yard!! I haven't heard back from him.....

Corkscrew Johnson

Nutt will take extra pleasure next year in beating the team he left in shambles.  Everyone will laugh at Arkansas for getting rid of the coach who comes back and beats them, and Houston will take great pride in his 'transformation' of an Ole Miss squad that got hammered by Arkansas the previous two years.  Everyone will ignore the fact that Houston's lack of coaching and recruiting is the reason our team will be handcuffed for the next 2 years. 

cityhog

So you are a Nutt fan then, and not a Razorback fan?  Well it gives me great pleasure to say this, Go to the Ole Miss board.  They can be your new favorite team. 

The hypocrisy is astounding.

bobbybouchet

How long will it take for them to start flying banners?  I say in the first year, you might see one over Fayetteville next year...it will feel like the good ole days.   ;)

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 27, 2007, 10:54:18 am
Nutt will take extra pleasure next year in beating the team he left in shambles.  Everyone will laugh at Arkansas for getting rid of the coach who comes back and beats them, and Houston will take great pride in his 'transformation' of an Ole Miss squad that got hammered by Arkansas the previous two years.  Everyone will ignore the fact that Houston's lack of coaching and recruiting is the reason our team will be handcuffed for the next 2 years. 
Depending on who we get as coach, I would not write down the OM game as an "L" yet. A ggod coach can hide his teams weakness and exploit the other teams weaknesses. There is not a coach in the country that does not know what HDN's game plan will be against AR next year. Poor Jevon must be crying in his dorm room about it all.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

rocksalt

It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

HOGPICKER

Well there's not exactly a long wait to see if that happens.  Stick around.  Keep talking that trash.  I personally look forward to HDN bringing his shell shocked crew to the Hill next year. It's only 11 months until the reckoning hour.  Only to an 0-8 Sec team could he go and improve the stature of both programs.  GO HOGS!
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

OnYourToes

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

HOGPICKER

Well there's not exactly a long wait to see if that happens.  Stick around.  Keep talking that trash.  I personally look forward to HDN bringing his shell shocked crew to the Hill next year. It's only 11 months until the reckoning hour.  Only to an 0-8 Sec team could he go and improve the stature of both programs.  GO HOGS!
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

OnYourToes

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

TNHOG

I am concerned only because Nutt's best coaching job was with Ford's recruits. For the past several years I have heard that Ogeron (sp) had been doing a fantastic recruiting job even though there is no evidence of it on the field.

HandD used autos

Are those golden handcuffs???

Master B

Yeah, the 5-7 Hog team next year will be Nutt's National Championship game.  The only thing going for us is that he is a horrible coach, don't ever forget this fact.  He will eventually be seen for the fraud that he is.

Master B

Yeah, the 5-7 Hog team next year will be Nutt's National Championship game.  The only thing going for us is that he is a horrible coach, don't ever forget this fact.  He will eventually be seen for the fraud that he is.

HandD used autos

November 27, 2007, 11:04:26 am #24 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:19:33 am by HandD used autos

Are those "Golden" Handcuffs??  I've hear Golden handcuffs are worth more than $3 Million.

LordStanleysHog

People complaining about getting Nutt and yet still forgetting they went O-fer this year... hilarious...

HoggySTruman

Quote from: whouston? on November 27, 2007, 10:40:16 am
Hotty Toddy! TP may want the tents because I doubt she has any Ole Miss clothes yet.  :razorback:
lmao ...virtual +1

bphi11ips

At one time, Ole Miss was second only to Texas in generating ire among Razorback fans.  Now they may be first.  I can't wait to watch Houston Nutt lead his team through the visitors' entrance to Frank Broyles Field, chew his fingernails, flap his arms like an epileptic whooping crane, and do the crab claw pinch on Ole Miss's sideline!  I can't wait for the first Ole Miss timeout during the first quarter before the smoke draw on third and long.  I can't wait to read the Ole Miss message boards around November.  Do you think the Rebels will take the field at home to the sound of "Houston Nutt's Ole Miss Rebels"?

Ah, the Ole Miss rivalry is back on.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Bama Hog™

See you in tea.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

cityhog

My concern is that he is now out from under JFB's thumb, and will not coach scared anymore. Remeber his teams at MSU, and his first year at Ark.  He was wide open until Frank put the smack down on that type of offense.  I think we may see Hootie coaching a different style from here on out. 

PorcineSublime

Quote from: cityhog on November 27, 2007, 11:28:20 am
My concern is that he is now out from under JFB's thumb, and will not coach scared anymore. Remeber his teams at MSU, and his first year at Ark.  He was wide open until Frank put the smack down on that type of offense.  I think we may see Hootie coaching a different style from here on out. 
Yea, but he still did not suddenly remember how to manage a game, and as we saw Friday, game management still matters. Les Miles may be the only D1 coach who is worse at it.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Gov Hog

If the investigation is continued into Mustain's situation and nutt is found to be involved, what will that do to the Ole Miss hiring him as coach?

Hog Scratch Fever

I can't wait till Old Miss beats the crap out of the hogs, and they have 500 yards rushing against us.  What will be said on here then?Congrats to Nutt and good luck!

"Wow, how did Nutt get the NCAA to let Dmac and Felix follow him to OM AND skip sitting out a year?".  That's the ONLY way he ran up 500 this year, and it would be the only way he would do it again.
"It got a little nippy through the pass!"

Hog Scratch Fever

I can't wait till Old Miss beats the crap out of the hogs, and they have 500 yards rushing against us.  What will be said on here then?Congrats to Nutt and good luck!

"Wow, how did Nutt get the NCAA to let Dmac and Felix follow him to OM AND skip sitting out a year?".  That's the ONLY way he ran up 500 this year, and it would be the only way he would do it again.

Hog Scratch Fever

missippihog

There are way more OM fans happy with this hire than not. The ratio is not even close.

hirebutchdavis

Hey sis!  You haven't been on the board in a while.  Will you be traveling to Oxford for home games?

HawgWyld

Quote from: saywhat? on November 27, 2007, 10:35:26 am
First both of my sisters are Ole Miss grads so my parents are Ole Miss fans.  Well I called last night to tease them about hiring Nutt and they thought I was just kidding.  My mom leaves me a message this morning saying she's got 3 tents and a bunch of Ole Miss chairs for sale if I know anyone who wants them.  She said I thought you were kidding last night but they just announced it and we're never going back to the Grove.
They might be in luck. There's a fire sale on black shirts here in Arkansas.

Oddly enough, we won't be needing them anymore. ;)

DezNuttstehsuq

I think you meant to post on the Buwhahahahahaha thread

DezNuttstehsuq

Quote from: missippihog on November 27, 2007, 11:03:39 pm
There are way more OM fans happy with this hire than not. The ratio is not even close.

Guess OM has a 5 percent too

missippihog

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on November 27, 2007, 11:05:59 pm
There are way more OM fans who are stupid than not.  The ratio is not even close. 

I guess only time will tell huh. I hope you are right because if you aren't I will never hear the end of it over here.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Bama Hog on November 27, 2007, 11:21:59 am
See you in tea.

That is not nice....might be true...but not nice....lol  +1
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Footballref

This is pretty obvious that you are not a HOG fan you are just someone that has no clue.
There is a good chance that Ole Miss might beat us next year but a slim one and for one Ole Miss will never rush for 500 yards.
Also if he does come in here and beat us it is because that he has ran off all the good player nd the rest left early or
have already spent the 4 years on the field.
He has no one left on the team right now is is obvious that we are only one deep at most all positions so until we get a coach in here that can get some depth on the team will are going to be in rebuild mode.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: MikeThrel on November 27, 2007, 11:06:58 am
I sent an e-mail to a good friend of mine that lives in Water Valley, MS and is a Rebels fan; this is his reply:  "I assure you it will be an improvement!!!"

I have a cousin my age that lives in Water Valley.  He's an alum there, and has heard me raise hell about Nutt for the past few years.  He and I have painted Oxford a few times.

I called him last night and was greeted by a hail of profanity.