Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the difference between "Press Virigina" and "Fastest 40"

Started by snoot hoggy hog, March 23, 2018, 07:12:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: galactivation on March 23, 2018, 08:14:01 pm
Huggins is on a different level than mike.

STOP LYING!!

Huggins 255 - 130 (.662)  in yr 7 @ WV (17-16 record)
Anderson 151 - 86 (.637) in yr 7 @ Ar (23-12 record)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 23, 2018, 08:59:38 pm
Y'all are barking up the wrong tree.

Nolan (and WVU) press to create havock and turnovers.  CMA presses to speed up pace.

Seriously, our rotations aren't even intended to create turnovers 90% of the time.  They stop pressing after the second pass more often than not.

Thank you!

Someone who understands basketball in this forum. Refreshing

razorback1829

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 24, 2018, 09:38:22 pm
Mike's been to the elite eight once. Jesus, I knew you were biased; didn't know you were that dumb.

And Beard has been to 1 as of now. Mike actually won a conference championship in a year full of potential HOF coaches. Then went to Mizzou and revamped them.. one would say his only messup was coming back to the Hogs, who weren't anything compared to what his Mizzou program was doing at the time. So watch you mouth little man.

razorback1829

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 24, 2018, 09:38:22 pm
Mike's been to the elite eight once. Jesus, I knew you were biased; didn't know you were that dumb.

And it's funny you call me dumb when you have no connection, and nothing to do with the program. I actually do. So you know nothing. All you do is try to get a rouse out of the posters. But unbeknownst, I got you. You're lame. Not a Hog fan. Your pass is revoked.the only good thing is you pay nothing to be on this board. Go to TX Tech forum man.

hogfan10

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on March 23, 2018, 09:06:40 pm
Hogs fans would want Huggie fired because they don't like "street ball"  well they might give him more leeway can't put my finger on the reason why.

Because he wins at a higher rate, would be my guess. Of course that's not what you were thinking was it? Over the last 30 years the razorbacks have had an AA basketball coach for 26 of those years. If we're racist (fans, state, admin), we have an odd way of showing it.

hogfan10

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 24, 2018, 10:14:44 pm
And Beard has been to 1 as of now. Mike actually won a conference championship in a year full of potential HOF coaches. Then went to Mizzou and revamped them.. one would say his only messup was coming back to the Hogs, who weren't anything compared to what his Mizzou program was doing at the time. So watch you mouth little man.

Mike is a decent coach, he hasn't had down years b/c he made a mistake and came to Arkansas. His best years at uab included players who were committed to Arkansas ending up at uab. His best players at Missouri included sons of family friends and relatives. In another 12-15 years that recruiting pipeline will be accessible again.

hogfan10

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 24, 2018, 10:05:36 pm
STOP LYING!!

In 7 yrs Huggins coached in almost 150 more games, how. Huggins also coaches in a more competitive conference, and has to recruit against duke, unc, Syracuse, Virginia, Nova, etc all in his back yard.

MakingPlays

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 24, 2018, 10:18:19 pm
And it's funny you call me dumb when you have no connection, and nothing to do with the program. I actually do. So you know nothing. All you do is try to get a rouse out of the posters. But unbeknownst, I got you. You're lame. Not a Hog fan. Your pass is revoked.the only good thing is you pay nothing to be on this board. Go to TX Tech forum man.

He has to be a fan of another school just over here trolling razorback fans.  I don't think I've seen a pro razorback post from him.  100% of his posts are trying to convince people of how bad Mike Anderson is.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: MakingPlays on March 25, 2018, 10:13:31 am
He has to be a fan of another school just over here trolling razorback fans.  I don't think I've seen a pro razorback post from him.  100% of his posts are trying to convince people of how bad Mike Anderson is.

Would love to know his playing and coaching background with all of his knowledge...lol... Id guess its very slim...

steveaustin69

Gotta tell ya I am SHOCKED. You've always been so unbiased.

My fan pass is revoked? You typed that out and hit post? Did it sound better in your head?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Kevin on March 23, 2018, 08:57:31 pm
He loves them. But it is tough love
Nolan loved them, too, but those kids were in legit fear of The Bear.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

razorback1829

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 25, 2018, 12:40:57 pm
Gotta tell ya I am SHOCKED. You've always been so unbiased.

My fan pass is revoked? You typed that out and hit post? Did it sound better in your head?

Go root for your lord and savior Chris Beard loser.

Atlhogfan1

you have no connection, and nothing to do with the program. I actually do.

So it's personal for you and Letsroll. At least you are honest about it.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

NinoHogUNIA

Quote from: hogfan10 on March 25, 2018, 09:54:08 am
Because he wins at a higher rate, would be my guess. Of course that's not what you were thinking was it? Over the last 30 years the razorbacks have had an AA basketball coach for 26 of those years. If we're racist (fans, state, admin), we have an odd way of showing it.

Heath was hired because it would have validated what most people know. 

All you have to do is read. If Mike had a horse it would've been shot.

People understand coded language when you say street ball and attack players intelligence it's just the common method of hiding true feelings.
BIE

Deep Shoat

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on March 25, 2018, 03:59:45 pm

People understand coded language when you say street ball and attack players intelligence it's just the common method of hiding true feelings.
That's horse darn.

Unless you think it's code for "play out of control" and "make a lot of stupid mistakes".  Because we do both A LOT! 

There is a huge differ nice between Nolan's system and CMA's system.  40 Minutes of Hell used pressure to create turnovers and chaos, which made up for being out of position to rebound and created a ton of easy baskets for the Hogs.  The Fastest 40 uses pressure to speed the tempo up, hoping it will lead to fatigue late in games, but SELDOM creates turnovers and leads to easy baskets FOR THE OPPOSITION.  Nolan's teams were fun to watch and competitive EVEN IN A LOSS.  CMA's teams are frustrating to watch because of bonehead plays EVEN WHEN WE WIN!

Take your assumed racism and shove it up your arse.
All Gas, No Brakes!

hogfan10

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on March 25, 2018, 03:59:45 pm

Or it's the even more common way of saying it looks like we have no plan or structure in what we're trying to do, or if we do maybe our guys can't grasp what is being asked of them. Lord knows there has never been a white coach/player that was criticized, called stupid, or had they're car burned.

RME

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 24, 2018, 10:05:36 pm
STOP LYING!!

You're at least the second person in this thread to compare the 7th year of both Huggins and Mike at their respective schools.

Convenient to forget that in his first 5 seasons Huggins went to the tournament 5 times, a Sweet Sixteen, and a Final Four. I think we'd give any coach a pass for going 17-16 in his 7th year after he had that resume after his first 5 years.

What did Mike do in his first 5 seasons?

GoHogs1091

West Virginia fouls a lot like we foul a lot.  So, no difference with that aspect.

One difference is that Huggins gets players who actually have some basketball skills.  Anderson seems to want for the most part just athleticism.

Huggins is also a much better X's and O's Coach than Anderson.

hogsanity

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 24, 2018, 10:10:17 pm
Thank you!

Someone who understands basketball in this forum. Refreshing

So Mike presses to speed up the pace in a game with a 30 second shot clock and teams that look to get out and run just aout every chance they get? Looks to speed up the pace in a game that more and more sees teams use 3 guards and where just about everyone can handle the ball. Speed up the pace in a game where many teams have 3 or 4 guys that can knock down a 3.

What is the point of trying to speed things up in a game that is already played at a pretty fast tempo? If you are going to press, do it to to cause turnovers.
Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 25, 2018, 06:41:50 pm
That's horse darn.

Unless you think it's code for "play out of control" and "make a lot of stupid mistakes".  Because we do both A LOT! 

There is a huge differ nice between Nolan's system and CMA's system.  40 Minutes of Hell used pressure to create turnovers and chaos, which made up for being out of position to rebound and created a ton of easy baskets for the Hogs.  The Fastest 40 uses pressure to speed the tempo up, hoping it will lead to fatigue late in games, but SELDOM creates turnovers and leads to easy baskets FOR THE OPPOSITION.  Nolan's teams were fun to watch and competitive EVEN IN A LOSS.  CMA's teams are frustrating to watch because of bonehead plays EVEN WHEN WE WIN!

Take your assumed racism and shove it up your arse.

And Nolan did that in a time when very few team were pressing and playing the way his teams did. But, as with anything like that, over time more teams adopted that style of play and adapted to playing against it. Also rule changes made it more difficult to play that way for an entire game.

These claims of racism are just done when people have no way to defend the coach himself. None of these people cried racism when Heath was fired because they did not like Heath and did not like his style.  I've seen plenty of white guys play street ball. Street ball to me is the sling it around jack up bad shots, look out for your self and make sure to "get yours" type of play, which we saw a lot of of out of the Hog guards this year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 25, 2018, 10:31:56 pm
West Virginia fouls a lot like we foul a lot.  So, no difference with that aspect.

One difference is that Huggins gets players who actually have some basketball skills.  Anderson seems to want for the most part just athleticism.

Huggins is also a much better X's and O's Coach than Anderson.

Negative.. our athletes arent skilled... and our skilled guys arent very athletic... thats the biggest problem I saw this season...

cityhog

Quote from: Oliver on March 23, 2018, 09:01:44 pm
While I'd rather have Huggins than Mike, I really just don't want to play this style of basketball anymore.  It's an outdated style of basketball that teams have figured out how to beat

a-men!

Atlhogfan1

I think the bigger question is how many kids want to play this style now especially the effort it takes defensively.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 26, 2018, 10:33:13 am
I think the bigger question is how many kids want to play this style now especially the effort it takes defensively.

Players love to press and play fast, but what they want is press and if you don't make a steal in 7 seconds, they want you to shoot so they can get the ball and go score. Which works just fine if they are not shooting well and you can rebound. The problem is, at least once you get the lets say the top 100 or so teams in college, probably 95 of those teams have good enough ball handlers and/or shooters to beat the press and shoot well enough to beat you.

The game became the pace guys like Nolan and Tark used to want to make it. When the shot clock was 45 seconds, you had to speed things up. Now it is 30, the rules sped the game up. If both teams ran the shot clock down all the way every time, with a 45 second shot clock that was 26.65 "possessions" per half. With a 30 second clock, that is 40 " possessions" per half. So in a game the reduced clock is 28 more " possessions" per game with a 30 second clock than a 45.

Players grow up playing a more uptempo game, they grow up handling the ball and shooting threes.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE