Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Support this Coach!

Started by jimmur74, December 29, 2017, 01:41:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmur74

Chad Morris is a Winner. He WILL win! I support his hiring of Chavis
For Gods sakes whats wrong with the fan base. Who would be a better hire?

East Clintwood

Somebody that wasn't having such a hard time deciding between retirement and a huge paycheck from us.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HOGINTENNESSEE

Morris wasn't my first choice. But there are positives I can get behind

I have no problem with Chavis, especially since he will pick his staff

RedyorNot

I'm riding the same direction as East.

colbs

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 29, 2017, 01:41:19 pm
I have to hear a name from anyone.

Baconomics

Quote from: colbs on December 29, 2017, 01:49:02 pm
I have to hear a name from anyone.

Ditka.

Just kidding.  Chavis is better than any of our experimental hires over the last decade (or more.)

Poker_hog

I'm fine with both hires but neither are above criticism.  Both hires are kinda meh hires to me.  Chavis is maybe a slight upgrade over rhoads.  I'm hopping Morris is a big upgrade over bert.  I can't imagine him being worse.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

opineonswine

I don't know if other teams have more idiotic and negative fans than we do.  If I was as pessimistic as some of these gomers I would quit being a fan. 

Poker_hog

Quote from: opineonswine on December 29, 2017, 02:00:26 pm
I don't know if other teams have more idiotic and negative fans than we do.  If I was as pessimistic as some of these gomers I would quit being a fan. 

It's been 6 years since we've had a season with less than 5 losses.  The whole time the hype machine has been going full steam ahead.  I'm not surprised people are skeptical.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

jst01

For sure. Reading this board the last several months makes me sad for humanity. There are some ignorant, closed-minded, plain ole dumb people on this board. It worries me that I may walk out into the real world and one of you dummies could be fixing my car or repairing my plumbing at the house.

colbs

Quote from: Poker_hog on December 29, 2017, 02:11:53 pm
It's been 6 years since we've had a season with less than 5 losses.  The whole time the hype machine has been going full steam ahead.  I'm not surprised people are skeptical.
I'm good with being skeptical but posters on here are way past being skeptical.

Al Boarland

Quote from: East Clintwood on December 29, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
Somebody that wasn't having such a hard time deciding between retirement and a huge paycheck from us.

This guys knows.

Al Boarland

How many coaches made it to this level without winning? I don't think anyone doubts he will win games. I believe the debate is more around how many.

HogHomer

Quote from: Al Boarland on December 29, 2017, 02:26:27 pm
This guys knows.
Knows what exactly? You don't know what is going on in Chavis' head because you aren't him. Maybe he went to Texas AM because he saw the possible talent he would get to work with. When he got there he may have been complacent based on the defenses he fielded in the past. (Although he did improve the Texas AM defense when he got there.)

Now he has a chance at another SEC school, where the HC would welcome his SEC experience and leave him to truly control the defense. He may be thinking here is my shot to show my detractors I am the top notch DC I was in the past.

It could rejuvenate him to give us a solid 3 years and then step back with his system set in place. What I'm saying is you don't know. Either scenario is just as likely in the coaching world, where pride is a huge factor. Stop trying to guess what is going on in someone's mind, who you don't even know, and support our staff until they prove otherwise.

Edit: and no I'm not saying blindly follow but stop trying to find half-***ed faults in our coaches before they even coach a game.

rhog1

Supporting this coach does not mean you have to like Chavis at DC.

Hoggish1

Anybody who has paid attention to his career would agree with you.

HogHomer

Quote from: rhog1 on December 29, 2017, 02:49:37 pm
Supporting this coach does not mean you have to like Chavis at DC.
No but it means supporting the team and trashing a new DC before he has ever coached a game here is not a good look for hog fans. Especially one who has actually had great defenses.

Are people not excited about the prospect  of finally playing aggressive defense? Being able to rush more than 4 on a down other than 3rd? Being able to create turnovers?

This is the coach to bring if we want to do this. Arkansas needs to capitalize off of opportunistic turnovers and Def PPG if he can improve these to categories our defense will be quite effective even if it isn't a top 15 defense.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

cityhog

Quote from: jst01 on December 29, 2017, 02:12:23 pm
For sure. Reading this board the last several months makes me sad for humanity. There are some ignorant, closed-minded, plain ole dumb people on this board. It worries me that I may walk out into the real world and one of you dummies could be fixing my car or repairing my plumbing at the house.

I know right? I'd much rather have the plumber telling me everything is just fine as my house floods.

Jonbo

Quote from: cityhog on December 29, 2017, 05:02:33 pm
I know right? I'd much rather have the plumber telling me everything is just fine as my house floods.

Wait a minute. Is that good or bad as it relates to CCM?

Highway Hog Sign

I'm optimistic about Chavis. 2 yrs ago we would have done backflips for this hire. Gotta give him a chance.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Highway Hog Sign

I love how being positive gets you smited lol. Gotta love HV
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Inhogswetrust

I've worked all over the country except the west coast. There are idiotic fans everywhere.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

I would hope we could accept whomever is hired from the HC on down.  I also hope that we don't keep anyone around who isn't producing for 5 fricking years.  I propose the folks in charge closely watch the team under this staff.  Look for energy, effort passion and eventually appearing to know what to do, looking like they had been coached, conditioned, encouraged, etc..  If this isn't present fire their asses.  If the coach doesn't have a refuse to lose personalty neither will the players. 

Our problems never started on the field or even at the AD level.  We've been let down by the folks above them.  These are the folks that hired Jeff and let him make the HC hire pretty much by himself.  Jeff had screwed the pooch on hiring John L Smith.  He knew John and should have known you don't replace fire and brimstone with papa.  He didn't, the rest is history.

Then being left alone, Jeff hired failing scheme Bret, gave him a long contract and then gave him an extension, pay raise and fat buyout.  The big boys screwed the pooch again.  Anyone still believe Jeff was a top notch AD? Huh?  If thing go South with this new bunch, lets not let the ship run aground in Antarctica before taking action.

lumphog

Well . . . they're STUPID. Chavis is a genius & has dominated the SEC for decades. IDIOCRACY!!!!!

Kevin

Ccm has not coached a practice, and their are people against him?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawginbigd1

Quote from: lumphog on December 29, 2017, 06:22:00 pm
Well . . . they're STUPID. Chavis is a genius & has dominated the SEC for decades. IDIOCRACY!!!!!
Ok dominator and you call others idiots lol

Hogsfan1981

31to6

Quote from: HogHomer on December 29, 2017, 02:44:19 pm
Knows what exactly? You don't know what is going on in Chavis' head because you aren't him. Maybe he went to Texas AM because he saw the possible talent he would get to work with. When he got there he may have been complacent based on the defenses he fielded in the past. (Although he did improve the Texas AM defense when he got there.)
Maybe A&M's talent was lazy, entitled and undisciplined which explains why they tended to collapse down the stretch every year?

Sumlin definitely did not exactly run what you would call a "tight ship".

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jackflash

I think Chavis is a good hire. if they hire Caldwell and Cooper that's a plus will have to do more study on the other guy Trooper if these rumors are true

PharmacistHog

We've gone from "anybody but bielema" to "chavis isn't good enough". Unreal.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Cinco de Hogo

Why do we have post like this?

Neither is the best nor the worst we could have "hoped" to do.  If it is indeed Chavis I will then hope he is the best but that's all.  Unlike our former head coach I have no reason to think he can't have a tremendous effect on our team.

hogmolar

Quote from: cityhog on December 29, 2017, 05:02:33 pm
Yeah but the plumber is an expert in the field. Not some one who invited himself to dinner.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogmolar on December 29, 2017, 10:10:22 pm
Yeah but the plumber is an expert in the field. Not some one who invited himself to dinner.

So who's the expert at picking coaches?

hogmolar

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogmolar on December 29, 2017, 10:37:14 pm
not anyone on here.

Well I think we need to go find the best coach picker and make him the highest paid coach picker in the country, then we can argue about whether or not he is the best coach picker in the country.

DLUXHOG

Good... Morris appreciates it...    (BTW, our last hire was the top Big10 coach that went to 3 Rose Bowls in a row... how'd that work out?.... he couldn't cope in the SEC....  uh.... I don't think Morris has near the accolades that our last coach had when we hired him, but I'm behind him and hope for nothing but the best for him in his career here......)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Highway Hog Sign

jbigs77

Quote from: jst01 on December 29, 2017, 02:12:23 pm
You really hit the ole nail on the head here fella. A lot on here will disagree just to disagree. They like to argue and bait others into anger. Ignore them, their pointless and their ignorance precedes their intelligence.

Now, back to what needs said. Chad Morris, Hope he does well, but gamble to say the least. Bottom line, it is what it is and the decision has been made. So like it or not kids, live with it, for better or worse, until divorce do we part.