Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chavis to be named DC after the bowl game

Started by checkraiser88, December 29, 2017, 01:24:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

I don't have a good feeling about Chavis. LSU laughed at aggie for taking him and aggie has done nothing but complain about him.

ridgehog23

Quote from: Bash on December 30, 2017, 09:56:31 pm
How do fans bring about "real change?"  I think nearly 100% of fans wanted Bielema to be fired.  That happened.  Now what?  What else should us fans be doing to bring about "real change?"

He wants to be like Tennessee and cause us not to hire Chief.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 30, 2017, 10:03:02 pm
I don't have a good feeling about Chavis. LSU laughed at aggie for taking him and aggie has done nothing but complain about him.

Don't tell that to anyone here.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Bash on December 30, 2017, 09:56:31 pm
How do fans bring about "real change?"  I think nearly 100% of fans wanted Bielema to be fired.  That happened.  Now what?  What else should us fans be doing to bring about "real change?"

Real change is not bringing in an old dc that reportedly doesn't like to recruit and had marginal success at best at his previous stop. Would marginal success be an improvement here?  Absolutely!  But there can't be that many that believe that this hire is going to lead us to any kind of contention for a championship.

Bash

December 30, 2017, 10:17:59 pm #254 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:40:30 pm by Bash
Quote from: Redhogs on December 30, 2017, 03:08:52 pm
Not with the football program...and no Hog fan should be. IMHO.

I could make a snarky comment about you being a crusty old cranky "get off my lawn" angry geezer with an old car, wind mill, barbed-wire fence and a dirt driveway still living in the 50's who somehow thinks all those things are some kind of status symbol.

But I won't. ;D

I will say, however, that you are annoyingly angry and whiny.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

colbs

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on December 30, 2017, 12:21:28 am
No matter how much you Chavis lovers want to spin it, Chavis hasn't been a good defensive coordinator for 10 years and what he did 10+ years ago doesn't matter
No matter how you spin it doesn't mean he's a bad DC.  Apparently you haven't done much research.  Just 3 years ago he had a top 5 defenses.  His first 2 years at A&M weren't bad.  So he had one bad year in how many years?  Get this weak made up stuff out of here.

Bash

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 10:14:14 pm
Real change is not bringing in an old dc that reportedly doesn't like to recruit and had marginal success at best at his previous stop. Would marginal success be an improvement here?  Absolutely!  But there can't be that many that believe that this hire is going to lead us to any kind of contention for a championship.

That's NOT what I asked.  You said, "there's not enough fans willing to bring about real change. "  What I asked is how FANS can bring about change.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Bash on December 30, 2017, 10:21:14 pm
That's NOT what I asked.  You said, "there's not enough fans willing to bring about real change. "  What I asked is how FANS can bring about change.

Hurt their bottom line, which is $.  That seems to be their top priority anyway.

Bash

December 30, 2017, 10:33:08 pm #258 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:46:38 pm by Bash
Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 10:23:14 pm
Hurt their bottom line, which is $.  That seems to be their top priority anyway.

So fans quit showing up to games.  And Redhogs quits buying Razorback hats when he stops to buy tater babies and 8-hour-old black coffee at the gas station.  What does that do?

Does that suddenly mean we can get Saban, Carroll, Meyers, et. al. as a head coach?

Man up.  Who should we have hired as head coach?  DC? OC?

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Bash on December 30, 2017, 10:33:08 pm
So fans quit showing up to games.  And Redhogs quits buying Razorback hats at the gas station when he stops to buy tater babies and 8-hour-old black coffee at the gas station.  What does that do?

Does that suddenly mean we can get Saban, Carroll, Meyers, et. al. as a head coach?

Man up.  Who should we have hired as head coach?  DC? OC?

Well we reportedly had a $7 million budget to work with. One would think that would be enough to bring in a winning head coach and a current top 20 oc and dc.
What's done is done with CCM, and while I don't think it was the right hire, I'm willing to give him a chance. However, Chavis is not a done deal and I'll keep fighting that until it is.

Bash

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 10:48:43 pm
Well we reportedly had a $7 million budget to work with. One would think that would be enough to bring in a winning head coach and a current top 20 oc and dc.

Who?

Dr. Starcs

You want me to list all the winning coaches in college football?  Along with top 20 oc's and dc's?

I said our resources should have allowed us to hire someone that qualified.

Bash

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 10:56:28 pm
You want me to list all the winning coaches in college football?  Along with top 20 oc's and dc's?

No. Just the one's you think Arkansas could get.

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 10:56:28 pm
I said our resources should have allowed us to hire someone that qualified.

And I asked for an example.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Bash on December 30, 2017, 10:59:51 pm

I'm not going to list every winning college coach, oc and dc. You can look up the stats for yourself and pick one. There's too many. Now, not all were realistic candidates.

Bash

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 11:03:28 pm
I'm not going to list every winning college coach, oc and dc.

And I didn't ask you to.  Tell us which of those top coaches you think Arkansas could get.

Dr. Starcs

December 30, 2017, 11:08:24 pm #265 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 11:19:05 pm by Dr. Starcs
A winning coach and $7 million?!  Just about any of them. Sheesh

Bash, if I don't respond again, it's because I've fallen asleep.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 11:08:24 pm
A winning coach and $7 million?!  Just about any of them. Sheesh

Bash, if I don't respond again, it's because I've fallen asleep.

Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses with these Yahoo's. You can't fix stupid. They arent bright enough to see what's going on up there, doling out our money to used car salesmen and has-been's. Just hold on a few more years and we will get another chance.

Bash

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2017, 09:02:13 pm
There already is a U of A 500 miles to the southeast!

Do you think we could trick some of the recruits into coming to the wrong campus?

ricepig

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on December 31, 2017, 09:15:45 am
Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses with these Yahoo's. You can't fix stupid. They arent bright enough to see what's going on up there, doling out our money to used car salesmen and has-been's. Just hold on a few more years and we will get another chance.

You can withhold your money, if it upsets you so.

Hawginj

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 10:48:43 pm
What's done is done with CCM, and while I don't think it was the right hire, I'm willing to give him a chance. However, Chavis is not a done deal and I'll keep fighting that until it is.
Thats false UA powers that be offered 6.3 for 7 years. Word is they had to get a few people on board to get to that number. 7 million was never an option.

31to6

okrazorback

Quote from: Bash on December 30, 2017, 10:59:51 pm
No. Just the one's you think Arkansas could get.

Well we could have kept BB. He had about the same win loss ratio as who we got. I'm not saying we should have kept BB. I just get tired of this we're just Arkansas we did the best we can do. I believe if you the proper amount of money we could get anyone that anybody else can get. and no i am not going to pay for it. I do not have that kind of money, but that does not keep me from having an opinion.