Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chavis to be named DC after the bowl game

Started by checkraiser88, December 29, 2017, 01:24:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

According to Bo he will be the highest paid assistant in school history

nesjunk

Is he at the bowl game?  I don't see the Texas A&M defense there at all.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: nesjunk on December 29, 2017, 01:26:27 pm

Good one.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

AirWarren

Oh yay....getting creamed by WF sound awesome.

HoggyCat

Then yes, yes he is.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

rljjr

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 29, 2017, 01:24:39 pm
According to Bo he will be the highest paid assistant in school history

I think all coaching salaries should be incentive based. Give them a decent base salary and the rest is all wins/losses, statistics etc.

jgphillips3

Remember Utah DESTROYING Alabama in that bowl game a few years back?  Remember Mizzou killing us with Herring as the interim?  Motivation means a lot in these games. I am a bit worried about Chavis' A&M defensive performances but he did make them better than they were so if he can make us just "solid" that will be light years ahead of where we have been.

checkraiser88

Quote from: rljjr on December 29, 2017, 01:30:30 pm
I think all coaching salaries should be incentive based. Give them a decent base salary and the rest is all wins/losses, statistics etc.

Go ahead and talk to Sexton about your idea

TeufelHog

Is anyone watching the Belk Bowl?  Aggie defense is playing like crap so yeah, let's hire their D-Coordinator and make him the highest paid assistant in school history.  Typical Arkansas hiring gamble . . . somebody wake me when the Hogs win another SEC game.

rljjr

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 29, 2017, 01:31:40 pm
Go ahead and talk to Sexton about your idea

I called ole Jimbo and we're working on that one. The trick is negotiating my one-tenth of one percent for all of the clients he has. We've reached an agreement in principle, but you know how it goes -- it's a fluid situation.

farmhawg

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 29, 2017, 01:31:59 pm
Is anyone watching the Belk Bowl?  Aggie defense is playing like crap so yeah, let's hire their D-Coordinator and make him the highest paid assistant in school history.  Typical Arkansas hiring gamble . . . somebody wake me when the Hogs win another SEC game.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jimmur74

My God our fan base. John Chavis isnt good enough. Such a sad day.

Beaverfever

Wake's offense is legit but Chavis is getting embarrassed again.

SooieGeneris

Right on cue, the Chavis naysayers are doing their thing just like we knew they would...

If A&M was winning 31-0 and ended with a 63-0 shutout, the same people would be saying, all together now: "But he won't be able to do that HERE with less talent!

Was there a Grinch trashing session when WSU got run all over by Michigan State? If there was I missed it. I would have preferred Grinch too BTW, but HE CHOSE TO GO ELSEWHERE to a famous football program in his HOME STATE.

You get the best coaches you can in the REAL WORLD, not some perfect World that doesn't exist in this life..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

nesjunk

I'm for the Chavis hire, but right now he's still the Aggie coach so I can still make fun of him.

EastexHawg

Calm down, guys.  You should know how this works by now.  Every Razorback coach is great and an outstanding hire...until we fire him.  At that point questioning the decision to bring him on will not only be fair, it will be almost a requirement.

nesjunk

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 29, 2017, 01:39:30 pm
Right on cue, the Chavis naysayers are doing their thing just like we knew they would... very predictable.

If A&M was winning 31-0 and ended with a 63-0 shutout, the same people would be saying, all together now: "But he won't be able to do that HERE with less talent!

Was there a Grinch trashing session when WSU got run all over by Michigan State? If there was I missed it. I would have preferred Grinch too BTW, but HE CHOSE TO GO ELSEWHERE to a famous football program in his HOME STATE.

You get the best coaches you can in the REAL WORLD, not some perfect World that doesn't exist in this life..

Good grief, you read a lot into my joke (which was 100% truth, by the way).  Relax.

Beaverfever

Yeah I don't think Chavis is an awful hire but I'm not gonna be delusional either.  He's getting hammered by a less talented Wake offense.  We always knew we'd have to outscore opponents either way. 

Dr. Starcs

Fans getting screwed. Again. Glad y'all enjoy it.

TeufelHog

colbs

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 29, 2017, 01:43:29 pm
Fans getting screwed. Again. Glad y'all enjoy it.
We get it you don't like the hire.  It's happening so you might as well give the guy a chance.

colbs

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 29, 2017, 01:39:30 pm
Right on cue, the Chavis naysayers are doing their thing just like we knew they would...

I just want someone that is knocking the Chavis hire to give a realistic name they would be happy about.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Some of y'all are a little bit near-sighted.

BR

Wow.... 38 in 1st half to WF.... Yep Bringing in Chavis has me excited about the future of Hog "D" .........     Hopefully he has a staff that is ALL World, because his better days are gone...    :puke:
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: colbs on December 29, 2017, 01:45:45 pm
We get it you don't like the hire.  It's happening so you might as well give the guy a chance.

Nope. Not wasting any more $.
We might actually get real change if more would do the same.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

checkraiser88

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 29, 2017, 01:49:00 pm
Nope. Not wasting any more $.
We might actually get real change if more would do the same.

I'm glad our fans aren't miserable like you then, not sure we could field a team with fans like you

StanHog

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 29, 2017, 01:31:59 pm
If we could do like A&M and hold Wake to just under 100 points/game, we'll do real well against the SEC. We better be better than hammer down in the left lane and go straight to the autobahn. It will probably take a year or two to get the offense scoring 100+ points.

nesjunk

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 29, 2017, 01:49:35 pm
SEC's B12 teams failing in the bowls.

Bowl games have become a joke.  Many teams playing without their coaches.  How is this a real comparison between these teams?  Ugh.

Snout team

Chavis, Caldwell and Taylor...who else?

That's a great start
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 29, 2017, 01:50:50 pm
I'm glad our fans aren't miserable like you then, not sure we could field a team with fans like you

Oh we can field a team. Just not a championship team. But if that's ok with you, by all means. The gobs sure know how to pull one over on the fans. Not this one.

31to6

Bubba's Bruisers

I'll take a wait and see attitude.  Chavis at least deserves a couple seasons to show something.  His resume alone demands it.  Let's at least play a few games, before declaring his hire a victory or defeat.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 29, 2017, 01:57:05 pm
Oh we can field a team. Just not a championship team. But if that's ok with you, by all means. The gobs sure know how to pull one over on the fans. Not this one.

What do we need to do to field a championship team?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2017, 01:59:28 pm
I'll take a wait and see attitude.  Chavis at least deserves a couple seasons to show something.  His resume alone demands it.  Let's at least play a few games, before declaring his hire a victory or defeat.

I'm sure your idea of the fans not showing up will really help the recruiting and turn this program around! Lol

31to6

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2017, 02:00:19 pm
What do we need to do to field a championship team?
Move the UofA 500 miles to the southeast.

HawgTide

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 29, 2017, 01:57:05 pm

Pace yourself..... It's a long off season

HawgTide

+1

He wasn't my first or second choice but it is what it is

King Kong

Agreed

DoctorSusscrofa

Arkansas cannot hire a great coach that isn't a has-been. No great coach wants to be at Arkansas. We either have to have really good luck with a has-been, really good luck with an up-and-comer, or we have to have really good luck with someone good that desparately wants out of his current contract (like BP at ATL).  Chavis ain't gonna be our savior. But he and Chad might put together a good staff and create a decent defense that can hold on better than last year's team. If the defense improves 15% and the offense improves 35%, we'll win 7 or 8. And that will be enough to build a better recruiting year. Then all we have to do is improve another 15% the following year to reach 8-9 wins. Do that and fans will be fairly happy as long as Chad figures out how to get one 10 win season by year 4/5. No losing seasons and average close to 8 wins a year and Chad will be able to stay 7-9 years. But he needs 1 BP-like year to build hope up.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 29, 2017, 02:01:38 pm
I'm sure your idea of the fans not showing up will really help the recruiting and turn this program around! Lol

Um, you're going to need to direct me to my post that suggests this.  I've looked everywhere, but nope, can't find it.

Ugly Uncle

If you add Caldwell to this staff...that is a home run.

This could end up being a fantastic staff.
Retired Radio Host

The Kig

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2017, 01:27:51 pm
Oh yay....getting creamed by WF sound awesome

So...a lame duck coaching staff is struggling to keep a team focused?  Who would have thunk it. 
Poker Porker

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 31to6 on December 29, 2017, 02:01:42 pm
Move the UofA 500 miles to the southeast.

I was thinking 700 miles east-southeast.  I know, potato-potauto.

HawgTide

Quote from: The Kig on December 29, 2017, 02:07:53 pm
So...a lame duck coaching staff is struggling to keep a team focused?  Who would have thunk it. 

Reggie Herring did an awesome job for us in the Cotton Bowl against Mizzou

RedyorNot

Quote from: 31to6 on December 29, 2017, 01:58:13 pm
Taylor confirmed?

He's following Coach Morris and 8 of our current players on Twitter for what it's worth...

colbs

Quote from: The Kig on December 29, 2017, 02:07:53 pm
Why am I surprised we had people overreact to this game?