Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hail To The Chief

Started by NuttinItUp, December 28, 2017, 10:56:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 28, 2017, 09:51:33 pm
You really don't understand a single thing do you?

That money was gathered up from many people.  Specifically for Gus.  When Gus withdrew, so did that money.  Our budget is nowhere near 7 million.  I'm really not sure how you don't know this.

But then again, I think something similar literally every time I see one of your posts.

Pure speculation on your part. No sources to back that.

Poor little arkiesaw can't pay 7 million unless it's Gus malazawn coming home, give me a break.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Science Fiction Greg

December 28, 2017, 09:56:39 pm #103 Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 10:18:47 pm by Possible Oatmeal
Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 28, 2017, 09:55:34 pm

Poor little arkiesaw can't pay 7 million unless it's Gus malazawn coming home, give me a break.

LOL
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

Bash

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

ricepig

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 28, 2017, 09:55:34 pm

Sure, call Ronnie, Johnny, and Bryan and ask them how much they were going to contribute then, and now.

colbs

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 28, 2017, 08:19:35 pm
Of that group, you only lose Bijhon, then add in proven Pulley, Scoota, Greenlaw plus some pretty serviceable and experienced guys like Curl, Ramirez and Ramsey. Oh, and how about somebody get their darn together and play Jamario Bell at DE so he can get drafted.

2018 Arkansas should not have an embarrassing defense.

I almost forgot about Bell.  Hopefully a new staff can get him going.  Hate to see someone with his talent not excel.  Chavis' attacking defense might be perfect for him.

Bash

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

colbs

Quote from: factchecker on December 28, 2017, 08:21:38 pm
Here are the 4 star or higher players we return next season:

McTelvin Agim
Austin Capps
Briston Guidry
Chevin Calloway
Montaric Brown
Jamario Bell
ADD - Bumper Pool who signed during the early signing period

Hjalte Froholdt
Jalen Merrick
Jake Heinrich
Brian Wallace
Ty Storey
Devwah Whaley
T.J. Hammonds
Brandon Martin
Jeremy Patton
Cheyenne O'Grady
Will Gragg
ADD - Connor Noland who signed during the early signing period
This is probably the most that has been on an Arkansas roster in a while.  I remember Biddy saying that there were like 9 when BB took over.  It's been about 4 years ago when he said that so my number may be off some.  I know it was low though.

Snout team

Quote from: ricepig on December 28, 2017, 09:55:46 pm
His son.

"If we ever meet on the field be prepared to have a bad day..."

I would really love to see this statement come to fruition.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 28, 2017, 09:50:04 pm
We offered Gus 7mil. So that's our budget.

Chad makes half of that budget. He's 13-22 so he is cheap.

The best DC in the nation should get the other half of the budget. That'd be a recipe for a NC.
Is this how you practice law?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 28, 2017, 09:33:59 pm
No one is saying he isn't good. Just not the best DC in the nation. With a 3.5 million budget we should have done better.

CCM said he was going to get the best DC in CFB. He didn't say the best DC this year or last year or whichever year. But Chavis has been the best DC in CFB before. So he fits.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 28, 2017, 09:50:04 pm
We offered Gus 7mil. So that's our budget.

Chad makes half of that budget. He's 13-22 so he is cheap.

The best DC in the nation should get the other half of the budget. That'd be a recipe for a NC.

Definitely not a Lawyer. 

Kevin

Bo Mattingly‏
@SportsTalkwBo
Following
Following @SportsTalkwBo

More
I expect John Chavis to become Arkansas' DC sometime after Texas A&M's appearance in Bellk Bowl today.   Been in works for awhile and it's my understanding his contract details have been worked out. He will be The highest paid coordinator in Arkansas school history.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Deep Shoat

Quote from: elksnort on December 28, 2017, 08:25:53 pm
Why allow a thread to make a claim before it is official?
Message board? 
All Gas, No Brakes!

opineonswine

Quote from: Lanlord on December 28, 2017, 09:53:47 pm
https://twitter.com/CJohnChavis/status/946514679161151488

That was very classy.  He all but confirms he's coming to Arkansas in one of the follow up tweets.

Dr. Starcs

d3maybe

The Chief is getting pow wowed right now...

elksnort

Quote from: d3maybe on December 29, 2017, 01:24:51 pm
The Chief is getting pow wowed right now...
I realize circumstances can be different and what have you, but we're getting ready to get a defensive coordinator whose defense has given up 31 points to Wake Forest in the first half. Does this slightly bother anyone?

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: elksnort on December 29, 2017, 01:32:55 pm
I realize circumstances can be different and what have you, but we're getting ready to get a defensive coordinator whose defense has given up 31 points to Wake Forest in the first half. Does this slightly bother anyone?

Not in the least.  Would be like asking if we wanted to have a running back whose offense just put 3 points up against Missouri in the Cotton Bowl.  A stupid thought.  To say this bowl game is irrelevant to what John Chavis can do is a massive understatement.

ricepig

Nope, probably too busy moving......

HOGINTENNESSEE

I'm sorry is Chavis responsible for SP? As Wf returned a Punt for a TD and a Roughing the kicker on a 48 FG lead to another WF TD.

A&M's defense hasn't been great. But it's not all on Chavis

Atlhogfan1

In office today.  Just checked score:  31-21 Wake with 6+ left in the 2nd   :o  What the hell?  31?

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 29, 2017, 01:38:11 pm
In office today.  Just checked score:  31-21 Wake with 6+ left in the 2nd   :o  What the hell?  31?

See post above

rljjr

What bothers me is sitting on the sidelines while other teams are bowling. What bothers me was having a ton of young talent on D but not getting it done. What bothers me is that attitude and enthusiasm makes up for a lot and we have the ability to be much better than we were. What bothers me is we lost to the Aggies 5 years in a row.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 29, 2017, 01:37:24 pm
I'm sorry is Chavis responsible for SP? As Wf returned a Punt for a TD and a Roughing the kicker on a 48 FG lead to another WF TD.

Thx.  Explains it a little. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

SemperHawg

No one cares about the Belk Bowl, (see the pictures going around the interwebs of abysmal turnout) least of all the players who are playing with a coaching staff they know is already packed and out the door the minute this one is over.

Judge Chavis all you want on his time at A&M or what you "heard" about him not recruiting, but judging him, or any other coach on that staff based upon the outcome of this game is stupid. 

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2017, 01:35:03 pm
Nope, probably too busy moving......
Then he should have moved already. I realize bowl games are not often very good indicators of a team's ability. But damn!

d3maybe

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 29, 2017, 01:37:24 pm

I completely agree with you actually, but WF IS moving the ball pretty easy.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on December 29, 2017, 01:40:55 pm
Then he should have moved already. I realize bowl games are not often very good indicators of a team's ability. But damn!

He would have owed them a buyout. If you haven't figured it out by now, and I'm positive you have, college football is big money these days.

Atlhogfan1

38Pts with 4+ left in 2nd
Wake qb has 256 yards and 4 TDs

Atlhogfan1

Hope this doesn't turn into a Kevin Steele WV bowl game.  It would be a tough sell to our fans. 

BR

Better bring out the Peace Pipe... Beacause the slaughter is on
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2017, 01:45:29 pm
He would have owed them a buyout. If you haven't figured it out by now, and I'm positive you have, college football is big money these days.
Well I never would have guessed that college football is about big money. 😀

Anyway I was not aware of his contract and buyout stipulations. I'm only concerned about when I get my next paycheck.

elksnort

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 29, 2017, 01:47:57 pm
Hope this doesn't turn into a Kevin Steele WV bowl game.  It would be a tough sell to our fans. 
Don't worry, we're going to get in the left lane and put the hammer down and score so quickly it's going to mess the other team up.

coolhog

His defense gave up 38 pts to wake Forrest in just 2 qtrs

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: opineonswine on December 29, 2017, 09:20:43 am
That was very classy.  He all but confirms he's coming to Arkansas in one of the follow up tweets.

We also got this

Sivad

Quote from: elksnort on December 29, 2017, 01:53:50 pm
Don't worry, we're going to get in the left lane and put the hammer down and score so quickly it's going to mess the other team up.
Just wait till we "pop the clutch" on them.

NuttinItUp