Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Buyout not Final?

Started by rhog1, December 21, 2017, 12:06:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcards

Quote from: hog of steele on December 21, 2017, 02:31:34 pm
Weird that we fired him for doing a great job.

Don't bang blondes half your age and lie to your boss about it.  He may become enraged with jealousy and can you.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hogcards

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on December 21, 2017, 02:52:25 pm
So we fired him for a bunch of stuff he did 5 years ago?  That's a long time to wait.

Yep

Even after everyone realized what kind of coach Bielema was in 2013 after going 0-8 within the SEC, they kept begging to give him more time.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Danimal

I wonder why BB would be opposed to having that info released.

Wild Bill Hog

PorkSoda

Quote from: Danimal on December 22, 2017, 02:43:01 pm
you wonder why someone doesn't want the entire internet nitpicking his finances?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Grumpypenguin

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on December 21, 2017, 01:50:48 pm
I'm still not clear on why we fired Long.

Agreed. I really don't understand the hate for Long on here. Got a little unlucky with the Petrino thing and hired the best coach available at the time.

Redhogs

Quote from: Grumpypenguin on December 22, 2017, 04:37:01 pm
Agreed. I really don't understand the hate for Long on here. Got a little unlucky with the Petrino thing and hired the best coach available at the time.
So much wrong with this...but carry on.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Maybe because he knows he dosen't deserve a dime and it would make him look bad..oh wait, he's such a stand up nice guy and all..worst loser EVER.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

rude1

Quote from: hog of steele on December 21, 2017, 06:49:53 pm
If the one thing you didn't excuse is all he did. That is enough to appreciate his time at AR.
If by run the GOBN out of the athletic department you mean he got rid of everyone who had Arkansas ties and hired his assortment of "yes" hires, then you would be correct. Don't know if that's something that should be bragged about, in fact I find it embarrassing that this guy  was allowed to weasel his way into the athletic department and set himself up as king.

Danimal

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 22, 2017, 04:29:00 pm
you wonder why someone doesn't want the entire internet nitpicking his finances?
He walks away with 6 million, or 12 million, or somewhere in between. What difference does it make who knows it?

Porked Tongue

I heard he bought a house in Orlando.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Redhogs on December 22, 2017, 04:43:35 pm
Maybe because he knows he dosen't deserve a dime and it would make him look bad..oh wait, he's such a stand up nice guy and all..worst loser EVER.

Some say I'm a nice guy... I'd settle for $1M
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Porked Tongue

There are some notes in his file that will not help him get his next job.

farmhawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on December 22, 2017, 06:30:17 pm
We need to see that....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

idochog

That would make the most sense
I love Jesus!

Hawg414

such as??
i mean this is a message board after all.  created for discussion.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hog of steele on December 21, 2017, 01:04:19 pm
This is important here. First there is some crow to eat by a number of message board lawyers who berated those who thought that the contract was for 11 or that it wasn't exactly clear.

Second (and more importantly) it goes to the Long question. I thought that the only reason to fire long was the ridiculous buyout. At 5 million, he was in a standard kind of contract and Long had done a fine job. At 11 million, he cost us a bunch of money and he should be fired.

The size of the buyout matters. And I am curious.

Yes and yes. Some terrible business for the Razorbacks and I would like to know the truth. Nothing wrong with some for real truth!

My question is what is it that he is wanting hid?

AlmaHog2011

Grounds for not paying the money? I have no idea but if there is something in there then maybe we shouldn't owe the 11 million?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: rude1 on December 22, 2017, 04:46:47 pm
If by run the GOBN out of the athletic department you mean he got rid of everyone who had Arkansas ties and hired his assortment of "yes" hires, then you would be correct. Don't know if that's something that should be bragged about, in fact I find it embarrassing that this guy  was allowed to weasel his way into the athletic department and set himself up as king.

Really bad for the program to run off the so called GOBN. Real die hard Razorback people that love the Razorbacks and have given blood sweat and tears to this program. Yeah and then put in place a guy=Long who couldn't care less about the Razorbacks just a business man
I'm surprised that king Long hasn't been hired for all these openings? I read on here that he would be hired by much better programs than trashy old Arkansas. NO one seems to want the greatest AD ever?

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hawg414 on December 22, 2017, 06:39:57 pm
such as??
i mean this is a message board after all.  created for discussion.

His W-L record at his most recent HC job, for starters. Although, he may not realize that's public information.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Danimal

Quote from: idochog on December 22, 2017, 06:34:38 pm
That would make the most sense
This. Which was pretty much the point of my question.

Danimal

Watching the last 4 minutes of the Miss. State game probably won't help much either...  ;)

Porked Tongue

BB might be forced to choose between a lesser settlement with full confidentiality or max settlement with some black marks.

He's not going to get max money and stay squeaky clean.

His undisclosed behaviors don't necessarily reflect bad on anyone but himself.  That's different than the secrets on Long's departure.  Some of the stuff Long got pushed out for would reflect negatively on the UA itself.

HUNGRYHAWG

Monday Morning Quarterback / Re: Something else is going on here
« on: November 15, 2017, 11:23:37 pm »
Is it cheaper to get rid of the AD or an entire coaching staff?  This should be a no brainer for anyone that's not tracking planes, ties, or the newest Harley's. Could it be to save Mr. integrity, or is it we got off cheaper for giving hush money for him not to spill the beans on how we are going to get the staffs buyout dropped way, way below where it sits?

Btw, I know nothing and don't claim to, I just felt like making up my own conspiracy theory. Smile!!

He'll take the settlement.  He's not the cuddly fat crying baby he comes off to be.

Melancholy_Pigg

Quote from: hogcards on December 22, 2017, 02:10:26 pm
Don't bang blondes half your age and lie to your boss about it.  He may become enraged with jealousy and can you.

I think you need to drop the first part of your first sentence. 

The moral connotations in your statement about older men-younger blondes is really misplaced. 

There apparently is nothing inherently in and of itself morally problematic with an older man-younger blonde.  Not across the board at Arkansas, anyway.

BB just asked his to marry him after she blew on his dice at the craps table in Vegas. 

hogcards

Quote from: Grumpypenguin on December 22, 2017, 04:37:01 pm

He's the main reason the program has struggled all but about 4 years since he was the A.D.  Not to mention his last two football hires were bona fide circus clowns.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

HognotinMemphis

Will the U of Arkansas owe the 20% excise tax on the amount over $1 million on this buyout? I hope so.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hog of steele

Quote from: Melancholy_Pigg on December 23, 2017, 06:37:08 am
I think you need to drop the first part of your first sentence. 

The moral connotations in your statement about older men-younger blondes is really misplaced. 

There apparently is nothing inherently in and of itself morally problematic with an older man-younger blonde.  Not across the board at Arkansas, anyway.

BB just asked his to marry him after she blew on his dice at the craps table in Vegas.

When you dig your feet into the silt and kick you put mud in the water. It makes it harder to see the fish, but there are still fish. Muddy the water all you like but there is a huge difference between marrying a younger woman and having an affair and hiring your mistress.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on December 22, 2017, 08:26:49 pm
BB might be forced to choose between a lesser settlement with full confidentiality or max settlement with some black marks.

He's not going to get max money and stay squeaky clean.

His undisclosed behaviors don't necessarily reflect bad on anyone but himself.  That's different than the secrets on Long's departure.  Some of the stuff Long got pushed out for would reflect negatively on the UA itself.

Lots of innuendo in this, maybe substantiated, maybe not.....

Martygit

Speculation: perhaps he agreed to a low buyout and doesn't want future schools to know how much he gave up because it would harm his negotiating with them somewhere down the road.

Quote from: farmhawg on December 22, 2017, 06:34:28 pm
We need to see that....

No..you/we don't - it makes absolutely no difference
RIP OTR, REV

Smashmouth2004

I was a huge supporter of Bielema early on but the last two years my support soured. Now seeing how Morris and his skeleton staff are out there recruiting I now realize that Bielema was a stubborn lazy fool who was empowered by Long. Giving Bielema a contract extension and a huge buyout, Long provided a security blanket that made winning secondary. All the signs were there. Average recruiting, losing assistant coaches and don't forget all those after game news conferences touting our APR.  I wish there was a way to sue them for malpractice and make them pay instead of making some very good boosters to fork over money to these two con men!

idochog

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 23, 2017, 02:18:32 pm
I was a huge supporter of Bielema early on but the last two years my support soured. Now seeing how Morris and his skeleton staff are out there recruiting I now realize that Bielema was a stubborn lazy fool who was empowered by Long. Giving Bielema a contract extension and a huge buyout, Long provided a security blanket that made winning secondary. All the signs were there. Average recruiting, losing assistant coaches and don't forget all those after game news conferences touting our APR.  I wish there was a way to sue them for malpractice and make them pay instead of making some very good boosters to fork over money to these two con men!

What pisses me off is we have to pay them for all the crap & they cared nothing for the program
I love Jesus!

Melancholy_Pigg

Quote from: hog of steele on December 23, 2017, 10:52:53 am
When you dig your feet into the silt and kick you put mud in the water. It makes it harder to see the fish, but there are still fish. Muddy the water all you like but there is a huge difference between marrying a younger woman and having an affair and hiring your mistress.

Bless you, mt hog brother this Christmas season.

The plain simple truth of my point just sailed over you. 

I think the eggnog beckons.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: idochog on December 23, 2017, 02:23:52 pm
What pisses me off is we have to pay them for all the crap & they cared nothing for the program
Yes it pisses me off to the max! They didn't give a flip about Arkansas and the Razorbacks.

He has a lot of fans on this site who are just like him. Hogville is infested with Long type Razorback fans. There are a lot of real Hogfans but they are over run on here with the Arkansas just can't win crowd.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 23, 2017, 07:41:47 am
Will the U of Arkansas owe the 20% excise tax on the amount over $1 million on this buyout? I hope so.

You hope we have to pay more money? Umm and you are a Hogfan? Do not understand.

farmhawg

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 25, 2017, 07:34:00 am
Yes it pisses me off to the max! They didn't give a flip about Arkansas and the Razorbacks.

He has a lot of fans on this site who are just like him. Hogville is infested with Long type Razorback fans. There are a lot of real Hogfans but they are over run on here with the Arkansas just can't win crowd.

Amen.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 25, 2017, 07:37:27 am
You hope we have to pay more money? Umm and you are a Hogfan? Do not understand.

He's a pseudo Hog fans, he mostly just [CENSORED] about everything, probably a Whorn fan like Lanny....

Jonbo

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on December 21, 2017, 01:50:48 pm
I'm still not clear on why we fired Long.

I would hope that in the end it wasn't mostly so that Mahlzan could get a nice bump.

cram224

Quote from: buldozer on December 21, 2017, 02:40:08 pm
The university and the foundation is going to keep mixing this up with the DemGaz and refusing to turn over the documents until they get slapped down with a court order it appears.... not smart. They should be up front and transparent, because if they aren't careful the court might just deal with the constitutionality of requiring the public to donate to a private foundation as a quid pro quo to purchase athletic tickets from a public institution funded by Arkansas citizen's tax dollars......and the house might just burn down.
I think it's in best interest of the RF not to have to open records. Some people just want to destroy the Razorbacks at all costs.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 25, 2017, 09:39:40 am
But it is in the best interest of the people of Arkansas for the RF to open its records.  The taxpayers have a right to know.

Well, how about we let the taxpayers make up the difference when those records are opened and people don't wish to have their donation level made public. I guess we could tack on a athletic fee like all the other in-state schools.

hogcards

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 25, 2017, 09:32:17 am
One might wonder if this request was from BB on behalf of the Foundation....

It's nobody's business.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

rhog1

Quote from: hogcards on December 25, 2017, 10:37:07 am
It's nobody's business.
When they require you to make a donation just to buy tickets it makes it every bodies business.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 25, 2017, 11:01:27 am
As noted before, given the relationship between the RF and the ticket buying public, it is the business of the taxpayer. 
Regardless of what happens now, this will be an interesting story to follow. 

Do the taxpayers provide funds for the stadium, outside of the initial construction? Please go back and tell me how much the "taxpayers" have contributed to athletic facility's construction, and what the private sector has contributed. How much do taxpayers provide for the athletic department overall?

ricepig

Quote from: rhog1 on December 25, 2017, 11:05:47 am
When they require you to make a donation just to buy tickets it makes it every bodies business.

They don't, there is no donation required for some upper deck seating, nor is there a requirement for Club seating in the new NEZ. There also isn't a requirement for individual game tickets.

cram224

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 25, 2017, 09:39:40 am
But it is in the best interest of the people of Arkansas for the RF to open its records.  The taxpayers have a right to know.
Some people, like myself, doesn't want our donations made public.

cram224

If you want to know the minimum donation that a person makes for ticket's. The game day football programs showed each class of donations and who was members in each class. The names may even be in the media guides.

ricepig

Quote from: cram224 on December 25, 2017, 12:52:11 pm
If you want to know the minimum donation that a person makes for ticket's. The game day football programs showed each class of donations and who was members in each class. The names may even be in the media guides.

He's never donated or bought season tickets, he's just being nosey. It's funny, if you looked at any of his political postings he would be against going into people's private records, but he wants to know how much ricepig and cram224 donate.

As to the buyout, I think it should have all been laid out in the original, or amended contracts. I have no problem with that  being public, I don't like having a separate "personal services" contract with the RF that was outside his guaranteed salary from his contract.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 25, 2017, 01:29:14 pm
And, as usual, Ricepig restates it correctly.

As usual, I stated it correctly.