Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glock 43

Started by OnTheHillHogFan, January 07, 2017, 12:21:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OnTheHillHogFan

Anyone own one and how is for an EDC.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hawgon

I've got one and I love it.  I can carry it in an IWB holster in shorts and a tshirt and no one knows.  It shoots great and feels great in the hand.

OnTheHillHogFan

January 08, 2017, 11:44:21 pm #2 Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:24:44 am by OnTheHillHogFan
Quote from: hawgon on January 07, 2017, 06:00:35 am
I've got one and I love it.  I can carry it in an IWB holster in shorts and a tshirt and no one knows.  It shoots great and feels great in the hand.
Thanks. Yeah thats why I'm thinking about buying it because it seems like a great carry gun during the summer. My 27 just seems like it shows a little sometimes.

Does anyone have the S&W Shield? I've looked at that one as well and I like it mainly because of the safety.

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hawgon

I've got one of those too and it is very nice.  I prefer the Glock but they are close enough that it is a matter of personal preference.  The Glock doesn't sit as high in the hand. 

kodiakisland

I've got the shield, but the non safety model as it's for carry.  The safety model is for people who keep a gun off the body.  The Glock is probably the better gun though, especially if you already shoot a glock.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

TheOtherColombia

I have the the .380 version, the 42.  Love it.  Shot the shield, didn't like the trigger on it. 

Cubbie08

Have the 42 and 43. I'd go with the 43, not much differnce in size and get the bigger round.

HF#1

I have a 43 and 19. Love both and both are easy to carry. So I'll choose based on where I am going or what I'm doing.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TuffTusk

I've got the 42.  I ordered Underwood Extreme Defender ammo...pretty hot stuff.  Also, stopped by the bargain cave at Cabela's a couple weeks ago.  Left the store with a Crimson Trace (never unpackaged...closeout) for it in the $90 range.  Couldn't pass that up.
Making the world a better place one frosty mug at a time

kodiakisland

The 42 is certainly fun to shoot.  It wouldn't be my first choice, but I could live with one loaded with Buffalo Bore hard cast flatnose bullets for most applications.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Sivad

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 09, 2017, 07:32:31 pm
It wouldn't be my first choice, but I could live with one loaded with Buffalo Bore hard cast flatnose bullets for most applications.
Penetration seems to be the name of the game with .380s.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Sivad on February 10, 2017, 02:11:33 am
Penetration seems to be the name of the game with .380s.

Yeah, no need to mess with HPs in the 380.

TuffTusk

The 42 is certainly fun to shoot.  It wouldn't be my first choice, but I could live with one loaded with Buffalo Bore hard cast flatnose bullets for most applications.

I hear what you're saying.  It's certainly a warm weather carry option.  The best part of winter weather is that my carry piece gets bigger ;D
Making the world a better place one frosty mug at a time

Albert Einswine

When Kodiak speaks, I listen.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hawgon

I see no use for the 42.  The 43 is more or less the same size and in a serious caliber.

sowmonella

Any thoughts on a Springfield Armory SDS 9mm for consealed carry?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

DeltaBoy

Quote from: sowmonella on February 26, 2017, 04:48:23 pm
Any thoughts on a Springfield Armory SDS 9mm for consealed carry?

It is like any other gun how well does it fit your body type.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.