Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rece Davis To Replace Chris Fowler As Host Of College GameDay

Started by SwazyHog, February 05, 2015, 08:31:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

EastexHawg

I have nothing against Rece Davis, but he's not as likeable as Fowler.  The whole dynamic of the show will change.

holeinthewall

He is awful.  He was perfect with the idiot Mark May and the poster person for assisited suicide Lou Doltz.

None of those 3 should be allowed to talk on air.

Dr. Starcs

Fowler has always come across as arrogant to me. Rece is a bama homer, but I like the change.

Gameday already has a love fest with Saban anyway.

SwazyHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 05, 2015, 09:19:10 pm
I have nothing against Rece Davis, but he's not as likeable as Fowler.  The whole dynamic of the show will change.
That was my first thought, the whole dynamic of the show will change. I always thought Fowler was likeable and kept the show moving along with a nice flow. Rece is basically a poor man's Fowler. I think he'll be a little stiff to being with but it should settle in after a while. This is just the fist big change to that show, we all know Corso only has a handful of coherent years left.
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

Inhogswetrust

February 06, 2015, 02:50:57 pm #6 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:59:16 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: EastexHawg on February 05, 2015, 09:19:10 pm

My nephews fraternity worked helping when game day was in Colorado years ago. He said Fowler was an arrogant, egotistical jerk and rude to them but everyone else involved with the production and on stage were really nice.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

I think this change is the natural progression of Fowler taking over for Brent as the lead play-by-play guy for the network's featured game of the weekend.  It was asking a lot of Fowler to handle both chores, and I wouldn't be surprised if he asked to be replaced on GameDay (everybody knows the play-by-play gig is considered the pinnacle of the profession).

FWIW, I have no problem with either Fowler or Davis. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.