Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UFC 183

Started by SwazyHog, January 31, 2015, 08:33:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

PPV about to start in 30 mins. Who you got in the main event? Does Anderson Silva come back in top form?

PM me if you need a link to a live online stream  ;)
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

TomasPistola

Praying for a Diaz win. I hate Diaz. But I hate Silva more.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hvsupastar

Meisha Tate and Sara McCann was awesome.  I got Silva, Gastelum, Boesch, and Alves
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

SwazyHog

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 31, 2015, 08:53:16 pm
Meisha Tate and Sara McCann was awesome.  I got Silva, Gastelum, Boesch, and Alves
I thought Tate was done for sure that was an impressive comeback. She still shouldnt want any part of Ronda, she's proven she's not in her league.
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

TomasPistola

Quote from: SwazyHog on January 31, 2015, 09:21:24 pm
I thought Tate was done for sure that was an impressive comeback. She still shouldnt want any part of Ronda, she's proven she's not in her league.

Who is?
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hvsupastar

Quote from: SwazyHog on January 31, 2015, 09:21:24 pm

Seeing as Mcman and Davis lasted a combined 80 seconds vs Rousey, I'd say Tate is her biggest challenge to date.  But I agree she's not in her league, it's just that nobody is except Cyborg and UFC is dodging that one
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

the END.

I'm almost feeling a WWE thing here... Diaz is a clown just to push Silva for a future fight and eventual trilogy fight (and does anyone sane really want to see that)?

hvsupastar

Quote from: the END. on January 31, 2015, 11:29:06 pm
I'm almost feeling a WWE thing here... Diaz is a clown just to push Silva for a future fight and eventual trilogy fight (and does anyone sane really want to see that)?

I could watch that 3 times. It was very entertaining. Even though the final score wasn't close I thought rounds 1,3 and 4 were very close rounds.

SwazyHog

Quote from: the END. on January 31, 2015, 11:29:06 pm
Diaz should have known he was just a tune up fight for Anderson Silva. There was no way he was going to win that fight outside of a KO or Submission.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.

yraciv

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 04, 2015, 11:32:13 pm
Silve ruined his legacy. Diaz was not a surprise.

Diaz smokes weed, he will always smoke weed, but at least it's not a performance enhancer.  Silva killed his reputation!

SwazyHog

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 04, 2015, 11:32:13 pm
Silve ruined his legacy. Diaz was not a surprise.

Quote from: yraciv on February 04, 2015, 11:40:13 pm
Diaz smokes weed, he will always smoke weed, but at least it's not a performance enhancer.  Silva killed his reputation!
No way Silva ruined his legacy or killed his reputation. Anderson Silva is still the greatest fighter UFC ever and coming off a severe injury i'm honestly not surprise he used some type of steroid during his recovery process. Steroids have had nothing to do the amazing feats Anderson Silva has accomplished in the UFC. His legacy & reputation is fully in tact.

PorkRinds

Quote from: SwazyHog on February 05, 2015, 08:12:43 am
No way Silva ruined his legacy or killed his reputation. Anderson Silva is still the greatest fighter UFC ever and coming off a severe injury i'm honestly not surprise he used some type of steroid during his recovery process. Steroids have had nothing to do the amazing feats Anderson Silva has accomplished in the UFC. His legacy & reputation is fully in tact.

If you could teach me how to live in a dream world, where testing positive for roids doesn't ruin a fighter's reputation, I'd really appreciate it.

yraciv

Quote from: SwazyHog on February 05, 2015, 08:12:43 am

While I agree that Silva is still one of the greatest fighters of all time and the vast majority of his fights have probably been clean, there is no way to know.  I think Barry Bonds is one of the greatest hitters of all time, but he isn't getting in the Hall of Fame anytime soon because he used steroids.  Same with Lance Armstrong.  In the culture we live in, performance enhancing drugs is the number one faux pas that athletes can commit.

SwazyHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 05, 2015, 08:29:45 am
If you could teach me how to live in a dream world, where testing positive for roids doesn't ruin a fighter's reputation, I'd really appreciate it.
Quote from: yraciv on February 05, 2015, 08:38:13 am
While I agree that Silva is still one of the greatest fighters of all time and the vast majority of his fights have probably been clean, there is no way to know.  I think Barry Bonds is one of the greatest hitters of all time, but he isn't getting in the Hall of Fame anytime soon because he used steroids.  Same with Lance Armstrong.  In the culture we live in, performance enhancing drugs is the number one faux pas that athletes can commit.
First, this was the only fight he's tested positive and arguably the most uneventful. Second, point to a fight of his where you've thought that he was possibly on steroids and that increased his performance. Anderson Silva is the G.O.A.T and this changes nothing. This isnt baseball or cycling and this isn't going to keep Silva out of the UFC HOF. The UFC owes its current success to guys like Anderson Silva.

Dillar Dog

It's been rumored for a long time.  Tests positive on his first "out of competition" test.

yraciv

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 05, 2015, 09:37:23 am
It's been rumored for a long time.  Tests positive on his first "out of competition" test.

This! And I know fighting sports are different and he'll still probably make their Hall of Fame, but it doesn't mean his public opinion will go down. All it takes is 1 positive test and the speculation about your whole career is on the line.  Most athletes don't start taking performance enhancing drugs after a long, proven career, when they are this close to riding off into the sunset.

PorkRinds

Yeah, I'm sure this was his first time to test positive.  And Jon Jones probably only did coke once...

Dillar Dog

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 05, 2015, 10:37:22 am
Yeah, I'm sure this was his first time to test positive.  And Jon Jones probably only did coke once...

Well, it was his first time to test positive.  I doubt it was the first time he used.

What's funny is that his teammates who have tested positive in the past were positive for the same thing he was.  He was positive for 2 different things though.

SwazyHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 05, 2015, 10:37:22 am
Show me where he's tested positive after other fights.

yraciv

Quote from: SwazyHog on February 05, 2015, 01:00:35 pm
Show me where he's tested positive after other fights.

This is a ridiculous argument. As with baseball, we have learned it is very easy to manipulate the system or find loopholes.  Maybe he was taking untraceable stuff initially, maybe he screwed up the regiment provided to him so he wouldn't get caught, or maybe he has truly never used before.  We have no idea, but in the steroid era noone is going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Dillar Dog

It was his first random test.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: SwazyHog on February 05, 2015, 09:22:49 am
First, this was the only fight he's tested positive and arguably the most uneventful. Second, point to a fight of his where you've thought that he was possibly on steroids and that increased his performance. Anderson Silva is the G.O.A.T and this changes nothing. This isnt baseball or cycling and this isn't going to keep Silva out of the UFC HOF. The UFC owes its current success to guys like Anderson Silva.

Maybe, but Silva (and everyone who gets busted using PEDs) has tarnished his legacy.  Now, when you look at his record, you must wonder if his speed, power, etc. was due to him pumping Vitamin S all these years.

If he wouldn't have cheated or part of his team hadn't cheated, then his record and results would be beyond reproach.  But, when you have Vitamin S in your system after a fight, everything you've done previously is now suspect. 

He tarnished his career with his choices.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.