Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike coaching hs girls team also?

Started by makiavelli, January 16, 2015, 10:45:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

makiavelli

siap, A Michael Anderson coached a hs girls team to a 161-2 victory, full court press while up a 100. He was then suspended for 2 games. http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/id/12182194/california-girls-high-school-basketball-coach-suspended-two-games-161-2-win
Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

latrops

Quote from: makiavelli on January 16, 2015, 10:45:07 pm
siap, A Michael Anderson coached a hs girls team to a 161-2 victory, full court press while up a 100. He was then suspended for 2 games. http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/id/12182194/california-girls-high-school-basketball-coach-suspended-two-games-161-2-win

Not sure why teams with such extreme talent and/or ability gaps are even playing each other.  It is lose/lose for everyone involved.  The coach played his backups the entire 2nd half, but didn't call off the press.  While pressing in the 2nd half wasn't necessary, it doesn't sound like much could have been done short of telling his team to just stand there.  When one team is that much superior to the other, it is tough to play fair and still actually play.

The Hogfather

Suspended?  Unbelievable.  I'm embarrassed for our Country.

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 17, 2015, 10:50:34 am
Suspended?  Unbelievable.  I'm embarrassed for our Country.

Me too. Let's encourage our kids to not play hard!

Thepigdoctor

But Hogville told me pressing doesn't work...

Dr. Starcs

latrops

Maybe we need to hire Michael Anderson, though I really don't like how he tried to show some mercy in the 2nd half by playing backups.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 17, 2015, 01:34:50 pm
But Hogville told me pressing doesn't work...

Depends on if you know how to do it or not.  Some teams do; others not so much.