Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice season so far

Started by HeyHogs, March 10, 2018, 04:30:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Tough loss today.  UT was fresher and the better team today.  Our weakness has been our ability to not play well as a team.  Hopefully our seniors can get us to the Sweet Sixteen and prove they are as good as everyone says they are.  I still feel the team needs to move and share the ball faster to succeed in the dance.  No matter what is said about Coach Anderson, he is a solid coach.  Good luck Hogs!  Make us proud.

oldbooniehog

Hey the Hogs were ranked for like 48 or 72 whole hours before they lost and blew it.

Of course, it was actually a  whole week ranked, as the rankings come out once a week.

Maybe next year, the Hogs will be in the Top 25 for two whole weeks?

A fan can dream, right?

GoHogzzGo

Agreed! WPS, very happy with this season, the players, and the coach. Can't wait to see how we do in the tourney.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

HeyHogs

Quote from: oldbooniehog on March 10, 2018, 04:36:59 pm
Hey the Hogs were ranked for like 48 or 72 whole hours before they lost and blew it.

Of course, it was actually a  whole week ranked, as the rankings come out once a week.

Maybe next year, the Hogs will be in the Top 25 for two whole weeks?

A fan can dream, right?
Frankly I was worried if they won this game they would be ranked next week.  I like our chances better unranked. 😉

razorpimp

I like a 6 seed more than a 5 or 7....this might work out really well, but I figure the Hogs will get screwed and be a 7 in the same side as Duke or UNC

Breems

We're going to the tournament, so that really helps take the sting out. I hope we just avoid that stupid 8/9.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

010HogFan

I think we had to win today to secure the 6. Looking like a 7 to me.

Letsroll1200

Breems

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 10, 2018, 04:54:32 pm

That's what I'm thinking.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

razorback1829

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 10, 2018, 04:54:32 pm

A loss from Tennessee won't drop us much, if at all. 6 seed for this team is outstanding considering how we started conference play. Time to make some real noise!

raz1965

Seeds are important, but just win an advance.

010HogFan

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 10, 2018, 05:00:12 pm
A loss from Tennessee won't drop us much, if at all. 6 seed for this team is outstanding considering how we started conference play. Time to make some real noise!

Oh I agree that it shouldn't a significant drop, but we were a "shaky at best" kind of 6 anyway, and we all know how these things work out for the Hogs historically.

kp72204

Quote from: HeyHogs on March 10, 2018, 04:30:16 pm
Tough loss today.  UT was fresher and the better team today.  Our weakness has been our ability to not play well as a team.  Hopefully our seniors can get us to the Sweet Sixteen and prove they are as good as everyone says they are.  I still feel the team needs to move and share the ball faster to succeed in the dance.  No matter what is said about Coach Anderson, he is a solid coach.  Good luck Hogs!  Make us proud.
I disagree with the team assessment. I think our issue is a lack of rebounders. We got one rebounder (6.9)and he's always jumping out to try and defend a three (not a knock cause I like him alot). Our next rebounder is 4.1 (Thomas and he's gone) tied with Barford.

hobhog

Agreed. Nice season. Not great season but that will never happen under MA. We will always be competitive but never really relevant. That's enough for most these days.

WPS

rude1

Nice season? 6 seed in SEC tourney. Quarter finals in SEC tourney. Possible 6 or  7 NCAA tourney seed = nice season in year 7 when there's been no significant accomplishment?

hobhog

Quote from: rude1 on March 10, 2018, 06:13:16 pm
Nice season? 6 seed in SEC tourney. Quarter finals in SEC tourney. Possible 6 or  7 NCAA tourney seed = nice season in year 7 when there's been no significant accomplishment?

Banners and titles are not the goal anymore apparently.

rude1

Quote from: hobhog on March 10, 2018, 06:17:24 pm
Banners and titles are not the goal anymore apparently.
Not only that, competing for them is not even important any more, let alone winning any.

hawg66

Agreed. Anderson should win every game. Can't understand how he doesn't.

TushCrush

I agree Breems. This one stings.
We ran into a buzz saw today.
Not only the 3's but Admiral Schofield in particular schooled the freshman Gafford down low.
I thought we had them right where we wanted them.

HeyHogs

Quote from: hawg66 on March 10, 2018, 06:19:45 pm
Agreed. Anderson should win every game. Can't understand how he doesn't.
If Calipari cannot do it how can we expect Anderson to?

hawg66

Quote from: HeyHogs on March 10, 2018, 06:38:57 pm
If Calipari cannot do it how can we expect Anderson to?
That's the problem. People willing to be satisfied with less than perfection. I still hold it against Nolan that his record at Arkansas wasn't 500-0.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hawg66 on March 10, 2018, 06:58:16 pm
That's the problem. People willing to be satisfied with less than perfection. I still hold it against Nolan that his record at Arkansas wasn't 500-0.
i still hold it against every coach that ever coached
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hawg66

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 10, 2018, 07:02:53 pm
i still hold it against every coach that ever coached
now we're talking. I would have replaced Eddie Sutton the first time he lost.