Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (23-10, 12-8) vs Tennessee Vols (24-7, 13-5)

Started by TebowHater, March 10, 2018, 01:40:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Dr. Starcs

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

BenDial

Just worn out. Out of gas. Free throws are short. We're a step late on defense. Force a tough shot, and short arm getting the loose ball.

Depending on the draw, I think we can out-perform our seeding.

HogsonHicks

I'll give MA a ton of credit for the halftime adjustments and matchup zone that helped us beat a very good Florida team.  Again, great job coaching and playing.

Why we couldn't, and didn't do the same today is inexplicable. 

hawgfan4life

ronmahony

How many durned fouls have they called in the second half? Has to be a record. Seems like an hour  only 18 minutes!
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: alohawg on March 10, 2018, 04:31:54 pm
Sorry, just hate seeing the obvious missed.....by the coach

Love ya man...but I disagree with you.

If we play a zone they will bust it with 3's.

Gifford not playing?  You know a sign of fatigue?  It is leaving your free throws short. 

Retired Radio Host

alohawg

Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 10, 2018, 04:32:40 pm
I'll give MA a ton of credit for the halftime adjustments and matchup zone that helped us beat a very good Florida team.  Again, great job coaching and playing.

Why we couldn't, and didn't do the same today is inexplicable. 

Inexcusable also
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: alohawg on March 10, 2018, 04:31:54 pm
Sorry, just hate seeing the obvious missed.....by the coach

I know it's frustrating. But Tennessee was light out today. On both ends.

More games to be played and we'll be much fresher come Thursday or Friday.
WPS

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ronmahony

Refs really screwed us. First with the 10 minute clock fiasco, then the Ticky tacks, tenn started out the second cold, we had a chance.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

jfred59

Quote from: ronmahony on March 10, 2018, 04:33:27 pm
How many durned fouls have they called in the second half? Has to be a record. Seems like an hour  only 18 minutes!

Dont you know that SEC refs get paid by the blow?

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

alohawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 10, 2018, 04:34:16 pm

Gifford not playing?  You know a sign of fatigue?  It is leaving your free throws short. 

My biggest complaint in the last 10 min was not having Thompson with Gafford, watching Cook get abused while Gafford overexerted himself.....without Thompson in.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

TheRazorback500

Ran into a buzzsaw. I'm proud of this team. Lets get ready to dance and learn something from this.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Letsroll1200

Will CJ Jones get better next season. Did not make the jump we all thought he would.

40MINSOFHELL

oh well, time to move on to the NCAA tourney. Maybe we can finally get to the sweet 16.

moses_007

Worst Arkansas performance since Anderson has been here.  Horrible.

010HogFan

BenDial

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 10, 2018, 04:38:31 pm
Will CJ Jones get better next season. Did not make the jump we all thought he would.

Has a chance. Limited minutes this year in part because we had other shooters with more experience to rely on. He'll get a lot more minutes next year, so settling in is possible.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: moses_007 on March 10, 2018, 04:40:19 pm

Uh...say what?  That's a bit dramatic.

BenDial

jfred59

You havent watched many games have you?

TM Hog

Good job Hogs! 3 games in 3 days is a lot to ask. You left it all on the floor. WPS!

alohawg

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 10, 2018, 04:35:37 pm
Then why listen and bitch and moan the entire time???

I'm passionate so I watch hoping to see the same successful strategy we saw yesterday implemented. I bitch and moan in frustration when it's not and the predictable results unfold.
Mike Anderson is stubborn beyond reason sometimes.
I wear my emotions openly because I'm a hog fanatic and want them to win every time, and if they don't, it isn't due to stubborn dumbassery by the coach......but it often is it seems, like today.....at least in part.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

alohawg

Not at all, but the in game strategy was terrible.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

ronmahony

Quote from: alohawg on March 10, 2018, 04:36:19 pm
My biggest complaint in the last 10 min was not having Thompson with Gafford, watching Cook get abused while Gafford overexerted himself.....without Thompson in.

Yep! Don't know what he was saving him for. He did that some last night. I think we would have had a good chance the second half because Tenner wasn't near as hot outside the second half. Got most of their points underneath. Those biguns wore Gafford out.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 10, 2018, 04:34:16 pm

I don't know about that. Florida didn't bust the zone last night.

Trottsky

Losing this game is not a big deal. Save something for the real tournament.

BenDial

Here's how I know CMA has done at the very least a serviceable job at Arkansas: we have people complaining about the season when we're a lock for the tournament and are a possible 6 seed. After the steaming pile of excrement the two previous staffs left the program as, this is a welcomed development and a drastic improvement for the program. Still a ways to go to where we want to be, where we can be, where we've been. But at least we're headed the right direction on the street.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hog Pharm on March 10, 2018, 04:46:40 pm

Florida wasn't sticking everything like TN was.  TN had some open shots, but many of their shots were contested.  We sure couldn't afford to let them take shots from the outside without pressure.

It may have worked, but instinct tells you to put more pressure on them, not less.
Retired Radio Host

alohawg

Quote from: Hog Pharm on March 10, 2018, 04:46:40 pm

The entire 2nd half should have been zone with our 2 bigs, with Bailey and only Bailey  providing rest for each.  Pressing was also a huge factor in fatigue for Ark playing 3 in 3 much more than them playing 2 in 2.
Like I stated,  the strategy was terrible and a big factor in at least the margin.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

alohawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 10, 2018, 04:52:00 pm
Florida wasn't sticking everything like TN was.  TN had some open shots, but many of their shots were contested.  We sure couldn't afford to let them take shots from the outside without pressure.

It may have worked, but instinct tells you to put more pressure on them, not less.

No way they could sustain that shooting % the 2nd half. The odds were highly in our favor if we were smart enough.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Letsroll1200

Losing to LSU at home came back and hurt the hogs in the tournament. Win that game and the Hogs have a double bye.

ronmahony

Quote from: alohawg on March 10, 2018, 04:53:58 pm
The entire 2nd half should have been zone with our 2 bigs, with Bailey and only Bailey  providing rest for each.  Pressing was also a huge factor in fatigue for Ark playing 3 in 3 much more than them playing 2 in 2.
Like I stated,  the strategy was terrible and a big factor in at least the margin.

Oh I don't know, look at the dozens of times we stole the ball with the press the second half.

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 10, 2018, 04:32:53 pm
It just isn’t happening some days.  Today was that day.

I agree. This was their 3rd game in 3 days and they were tired so this loss doesn't bother me. I'm glad they made it to the SEC Semis. That's difficult when a team starts as a 6 seed.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

alohawg

Quote from: ronmahony on March 10, 2018, 04:57:59 pm
Oh I don't know, look at the dozens of times we stole the ball with the press the second half.

Uh' scoreboard says? Good should outweigh the bad unless you think it would have been worse.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Lady Razorback

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 10, 2018, 02:26:53 pm
I had tickets for that game and had to watch it on tv because they only admitted a few thousand in

Same here.  Watched game at some bar in mid Atlanta. 

hoglady

Tenner hit us square in the face with a barrage in the first half and we did a decent job of hanging in for a while.
We didn't have the energy or legs to come back.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PonderinHog

pigture perfect

I don't think Tennessee is a better team than us. Sometimes the hottest hand wins the game. I've seen us at times play just as well as what the Vols played today and we had similar outcomes. Let's just get ready and be excited about going to the dance and see how we do against lesser conferences.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 10, 2018, 04:10:55 pm
I hate losing to Tennessee because of being surrounded by vols, BUT I'd rather lose to them than UK in a championship game for the 5th time

And I hate it that I agree with this.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork