Hogs upset Florida.I freaking love it

Started by forrest city joe, March 09, 2018, 10:59:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

sigpooie

Coach did one of his best games last night. He has this team playing hard and thinking at the same time.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Hoggie17

Mike Anderson, one of the best college basketball coaches in America, has made basketball fun again.  We are so lucky to have him.

hogsmash12

Maybe, though, MA was playing with our lineup earlier in the year to find what worked and what didn't. IF he was, it was a huge risk as at the time we weren't guaranteed to make the Big Dance yet, but it has paid off now. He's either very smart and very ballsy or hes just stupid lucky. Either way, Ill take it heading into March.   - from cfb fanatic I believe and hit the nail on the head....this is what Mike does and does well

Athog

Hollywood_HOGan45

#1 STUNNA

screw South Carolina!!!
Screw Florrida!!!
Screw Tennessee!!!!
Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! #WPS

runninhog

Loved it. The CEO/CIO of Florida Investment Corporation (their endowment arm) lives across the street from me. We hung our colors high and proud yesterday.

Mellon Collie

Played into 6 seed.

that was a big win.

Win 2 more and we are a 5.

seeds matter.

liljo

Quote from: rtr on March 09, 2018, 11:32:57 pm
We played match-up zone most of the night.

Shhhhhh! He thinks he's an expert.... ;)
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsmash12 on March 10, 2018, 06:57:07 am
Maybe, though, MA was playing with our lineup earlier in the year to find what worked and what didn't. IF he was, it was a huge risk as at the time we weren't guaranteed to make the Big Dance yet, but it has paid off now. He's either very smart and very ballsy or hes just stupid lucky. Either way, Ill take it heading into March.   - from cfb fanatic I believe and hit the nail on the head....this is what Mike does and does well

I've said all season that the Hogs need to quit double teaming on the perimeter and just play a straight up switching man on man. They did just that last night and really limited Florida's 3 point shooting. Great coaching move by Mike Anderson.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

liljo

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on March 09, 2018, 11:27:59 pm
I'm still here. I was very critical of MA during mid season as he made very questionable decisions. But, MA deserves a lot of credit for getting this team ready mentally to guard the basket and control the boards tonight. He also deserves credit for getting the team back to playing at a high level after the midseason slump.

On the same token, he deserved the criticism he got for some mistakes he made mid-season with the lineup changes and for some in-game calls he made (or didn't make) that cost us some wins. For example, going to the 2-3 zone tonight was a big mistake and gave FLA lots of open shots. BUT TO HIS CREDIT, he went back to man defense and that was all she wrote.

Maybe, though, MA was playing with our lineup earlier in the year to find what worked and what didn't. IF he was, it was a huge risk as at the time we weren't guaranteed to make the Big Dance yet, but it has paid off now. He's either very smart and very ballsy or hes just stupid lucky. Either way, Ill take it heading into March.

Now heres to hoping this win moved us off of that dreaded 8/9 line and got us up to a 6 or 7 where we can actually have a chance to make some noise in the Madness!!

...uh huh...really....the matchup zone was a huge mistake, eh? Ever think he might be trying to both win and save their legs a little for tomorrow. Man D is very taxing, but,hey, you seem to think of yourself as a qualified critic so I'll just leave you with it.

They held Florida to 29 first half points. They're down a starter going into the tourney.

I swear, some of y'all want Macon and Barford and Gifford on the floor 40 minutes a night, and want Beard and Coach Anderson to just stay on the bus. Beard works his tail off and we don't win without him. And we sure as hell don't win without Coach A.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

AlmaHog2011

I want to beat Tenner today.. But I must say I am completely happy!!! I wanted that win over Florida..I can't stand their coach and Allen was shut down.

Hope that these instate studs realize we can beat anybody especially if we can get them on board. HS Bball talent is constant and enough with a little outside help that we can be a top 10 team every year. I don't care what the fake Razorback fans on here have to say..

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Mellon Collie on March 10, 2018, 08:03:57 am
Played into 6 seed.

that was a big win.

Win 2 more and we are a 5.

seeds matter.

I think you are right. Why aren't we already a 5 seed? We should be a 4-5 seed right now.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 10, 2018, 07:44:14 am
screw South Carolina!!!
Screw Florrida!!!
Screw Tennessee!!!!
Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! #WPS

AMEN!!! HOGS!!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 09, 2018, 11:01:36 pm
Hats off to you, Joseph.  You never lost faith in Mike or this team.  If I was in charge of hogville I'd throw you a freaking parade and rename this forum "Joe's place".

Lanny can we rename jump ball Joe's place for one day please in honor of this man who has fought against the stupidity of hogville all season?

Name it Joe's forum..He is a true Razorback Fan. I don't always agree but I do know he's a real Hogfan..There are a lot of fake anti Hogfans on here.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: WooPigFarm on March 09, 2018, 11:24:12 pm
An old man said to me YESTERDAY,  "I don't like them cause they don't play hard".

I turned my head towards him, looked him right in the eye, and said "hater".

I have never seen a Mike Anderson team not play hard. Well the LSU game at home was one that looked like they had zero intensity and zero effort. And Mike was all over them begging them to play hard. It was just a bad night IMO I had them when I played where your legs were dead or you were drained mentally and physically.

Anyone who says we don't play hared does NOT actually watch the games or is a hater of Mike Anderson.

Mike took the job and left a great program and is close to turning this back into a bigtime BBall school. Man I am having a great time with this team.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 09, 2018, 11:36:10 pm
Yes it was an upset. everyone was saying how well FL had started playing again.and they were the favs to win this game.guess what.THEY FREAKING LOSS.i love it!

If you watched the SEC Network it was a Florida love fest. And they have owned us lately.
I don't even care my season is now made!!! WoooPigSoooieee!

I fully expect the SEC Refs to make sure Tenner wins today.

rzrbk4life

Great win last night. Proud of these hogs. Beat TN
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 10, 2018, 08:44:08 am
I have never seen a Mike Anderson team not play hard. Well the LSU game at home was one that looked like they had zero intensity and zero effort. And Mike was all over them begging them to play hard. It was just a bad night IMO I had them when I played where your legs were dead or you were drained mentally and physically.

Anyone who says we don't play hared does NOT actually watch the games or is a hater of Mike Anderson.

Mike took the job and left a great program and is close to turning this back into a bigtime BBall school. Man I am having a great time with this team.

Most fun I have had watching Arkansas basketball since my childhood. Not going to lie, I had serious doubts after the LSU home game and all the road losses mounting in mid year but we are playing very well right now when it counts most and we are fun to watch!!

Mike is proving people like me wrong.

I know we don't run a 1950s Henry Iba style offense like some people just crave for whatever reason but we are WINNING.

Arkansas basketball is fun in March and this is what I love.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 10, 2018, 08:49:08 am
If you watched the SEC Network it was a Florida love fest. And they have owned us lately.

I thought the zebras called an okay game yesterday but that sequence where they got us for five seconds was terrible. The ref's arm didn't even fully extend for that fifth SECOND!!!

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 10, 2018, 09:01:15 am
I thought the zebras called an okay game yesterday but that sequence where they got us for five seconds was terrible. The ref's arm didn't even fully extend for that fifth SECOND!!!

I thought the same thing. But I went back and clocked it and from whistle to whistle, Trey had 6.3 seconds to get the ball inbounds.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 10, 2018, 08:59:28 am
Most fun I have had watching Arkansas basketball since my childhood. Not going to lie, I had serious doubts after the LSU home game and all the road losses mounting in mid year but we are playing very well right now when it counts most and we are fun to watch!!

Mike is proving people like me wrong.

I know we don't run a 1950s Henry Iba style offense like some people just crave for whatever reason but we are WINNING.

Arkansas basketball is fun in March and this is what I love.

Iba's offense was nothing to write home about, it was his man on man defense that was awesome just as the Hogs man on man defense was last night.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: GuvHog on March 10, 2018, 09:06:48 am
Iba's offense was nothing to write home about, it was his man on man defense that was awesome just as the Hogs man on man defense was last night.

was basketball even televised when IBa was coaching?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 10, 2018, 09:03:40 am
I thought the same thing. But I went back and clocked it and from whistle to whistle, Trey had 6.3 seconds to get the ball inbounds.

yikes Well I stand corrected.

NinoHogUNIA

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on March 09, 2018, 11:27:59 pm
I'm still here. I was very critical of MA during mid season as he made very questionable decisions. But, MA deserves a lot of credit for getting this team ready mentally to guard the basket and control the boards tonight. He also deserves credit for getting the team back to playing at a high level after the midseason slump.

On the same token, he deserved the criticism he got for some mistakes he made mid-season with the lineup changes and for some in-game calls he made (or didn't make) that cost us some wins. For example, going to the 2-3 zone tonight was a big mistake and gave FLA lots of open shots. BUT TO HIS CREDIT, he went back to man defense and that was all she wrote.

Maybe, though, MA was playing with our lineup earlier in the year to find what worked and what didn't. IF he was, it was a huge risk as at the time we weren't guaranteed to make the Big Dance yet, but it has paid off now. He's either very smart and very ballsy or hes just stupid lucky. Either way, Ill take it heading into March.

Now heres to hoping this win moved us off of that dreaded 8/9 line and got us up to a 6 or 7 where we can actually have a chance to make some noise in the Madness!!

Are you one of those I want Chris Beard type?

I have a serious question.
BIE

SPAL

Quote from: Hog N Bama on March 09, 2018, 11:12:27 pm
Love beatin them Gators!!! First football, now basketball. WPS!!!! Outplayed and out coached.

Perhaps you missed the SEC baseball tourney last year?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 10, 2018, 09:41:47 am
Perhaps you missed the SEC baseball tourney last year?

I think he was only referring to the two major sports in terms of national interest (and local). No disrespect to our outstanding baseball team but Football and Basketball are the really big deals.

elksnort

Quote from: WooPigFarm on March 09, 2018, 11:24:12 pm
An old man said to me YESTERDAY,  "I don't like them cause they don't play hard".

I turned my head towards him, looked him right in the eye, and said "hater".
You sure told him!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: elksnort on March 10, 2018, 09:59:27 am
You sure told him!

Not really. If he really wanted to shut him down he would have said "hater! go and kick rocks!"

elksnort

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 10, 2018, 10:03:08 am
Not really. If he really wanted to shut him down he would have said "hater! go and kick rocks!"
I was being sarcastic of course. It's funny how the threads were about a fan not the team. I'll promise you that dude is no better of a fan of the Razorbacks than the rest of us. Anyway many people love idols and individuals. I don't

PonderinHog

Quote from: elksnort on March 10, 2018, 10:09:45 am
I was being sarcastic of course. It's funny how the threads were about a fan not the team. I'll promise you that dude is no better of a fan of the Razorbacks than the rest of us. Anyway many people love idols and individuals. I don't

hawginbigd1

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 10, 2018, 08:49:08 am

Why would you make the ref comments, 2 games in and we have made more Free Throws than the opponent has shot?!
I am however with you on the happiness with beating Florida!

Gonzo

Fantastic defense last night, one of their best showings of the year imo, and very few second chances for the Gators. Great game, that kind of performance could make some serious noise over the next few weeks.

Go Hogs!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: liljo on March 10, 2018, 08:32:57 am
...uh huh...really....the matchup zone was a huge mistake, eh? Ever think he might be trying to both win and save their legs a little for tomorrow. Man D is very taxing, but,hey, you seem to think of yourself as a qualified critic so I'll just leave you with it.

They held Florida to 29 first half points. They're down a starter going into the tourney.

I swear, some of y'all want Macon and Barford and Gifford on the floor 40 minutes a night, and want Beard and Coach Anderson to just stay on the bus. Beard works his tail off and we don't win without him. And we sure as hell don't win without Coach A.

I understand that. But a straight 2-3 zone (not a matchup zone) is a weak ass defense regardless. And before you say "but they never played a straight 2-3 zone," I will say that if they didn't they sure looked like it with guys finding wide open shots in gaping holes in the defense.

And I agree on saving legs for the big dance. I'd just as soon them pack it in tonight and rest up for next week and hope to make a run, but that's just me and understandably won't be popular around here

oldbooniehog

It's awesome that a coach that, as you said, cannot be compared to Eddie Sutton and Nolan Richardson, managed to knock off a 3-seed in the SEC tournament!

Go Hogs!

Maybe next year the Hogs will be ranked in the Top 25 for TWO WHOLE WEEKS during the season?

How awesome would THAT be!

GO HOGS!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 10, 2018, 10:40:34 am
Why would you make the ref comments, 2 games in and we have made more Free Throws than the opponent has shot?!
I am however with you on the happiness with beating Florida!

We don't get respect from the SEC. I have watched many times much like today we don't get 3 refs talking to Coach Anderson. Mike White had them explaining every call last night and Mike gets a warning.

I'm still extremely happy with what this team has done. Excited for the next couple weeks hope we win 2-3-4 games. Tenn is freaking talented but if we played them again I think we would be able to beat them. Florida was a huge hurdle we needed to get over. The future looks bright. Gafford's decision is a program changer.

rtr

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 10, 2018, 08:11:02 pm. Gafford's decision is a program changer.
This and Khalil Garland being cleared to play.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: rtr on March 10, 2018, 08:12:58 pm
This and Khalil Garland being cleared to play.

Man I pray that kid gets to play. Whatever he and his family decide but his talent will be very helpful next year and beyond.