Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 5 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (4-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Cal Poly(1-3, 0-0 Big West)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 22, 2018, 10:27:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

#2 ARKANSAS vs Cal Poly
at San Diego, Cal. - Tony Gwynn Classic   Friday 3:00 PM

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 5 THREAD
   #2 ARKANSAS ( 4-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Cal Poly (1-3 , 0-0 Big West)

This is game 1 of 3 games in the Tony Gwynn Classic in San Diego, Cal. which begins on Friday with Cal Poly at 3:00pm. The Razorbacks will face San Diego State on Saturday at 8:00pm and San Diego on Sunday at Noon to wrap up the 3 game classic.

FRIDAY's First Pitch is set for 3:00pm central time and WILL BE TELEVISED on Cox Sports.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler and Maddhog will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0               3:00 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Cal Poly            |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

TexasRazorback

razorbackfan86

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Friday's Starting Pitchers:
Tony Gwynn Stadium (San Diego State)
CP -- RHP Michael Clark (0-0, 5.40 ERA)
ARK -- RHP Blaine Knight (1-0, 0.00 ERA

Player                 era  w-l  app-gs  cg  sho  sv  ip   h  r  er  bb  so  2b  3b  hr  ab   b/avg  wp  hbp  bk  sfa  sha 
Clark, Michael    5.40  0-0     1-1    0   0/0  0  5.0  8  3  3   2    3    0   0    0   22   .364    0      0    0    1    0 
Blaine Knight     0.00  1-0     1-1    0   0/0  0  5.0  0  0  0   2    4    0   0    0   15   .000    0      0    0    0    0 

Rockhawg

I will be landing in Belize just before the first pitch. I will for sure be counting on EI to keep me updated and the season undefeated moving forward! Last night was so great, i Love 1 - 0 ballgames! I know, 11 - 10 is a one run game also, but for me it's not the same. WPS, SPAL, keep the Magic Moving!

SPAL

Quote from: Rockhawg on February 22, 2018, 11:01:20 am
I will be landing in Belize just before the first pitch. I will for sure be counting on EI to keep me updated and the season undefeated moving forward! Last night was so great, i Love 1 - 0 ballgames! I know, 11 - 10 is a one run game also, but for me it's not the same. WPS, SPAL, keep the Magic Moving!

Oh, my job is easy. Keep the peace and jaw jack about baseball. It's Arkansas, and jhicks, and raz1 and the rest of the people who post here that deserve the credit. Those dudes are 🔥

I'm excited that you enjoy the board and find it useful.

PintailKiller

Anyone doing PBP? - Hell nevermind, I been thinking today was Friday all day.  Brain fart.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Oklahawg

If y'all want to vote to make this Friday I'd vote "yes" but since it too so long for me to realize it ... could y'all do this NEXT Thursday, say about 10am?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PeabodyHawg

I don't see this on Watch ESPN schedule.  Is there an option to watch the game if you don't have access to Cox Sports?

ricepig

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on February 22, 2018, 06:32:14 pm
I don't see this on Watch ESPN schedule.  Is there an option to watch the game if you don't have access to Cox Sports?

Fly to San Diego?? Outside of that it doesn't appear so.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 06:56:49 pm
Fly to San Diego?? Outside of that it doesn't appear so.
Well crap, that was a downer, and strait up truth. :)
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Knot2brite

You know people are ready for baseball when we all think today is Friday all day because I read a game thread beginning early today and all I want to do is watch razorback baseball
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 22, 2018, 07:09:59 pm
You know people are ready for baseball when we all think today is Friday all day because I read a game thread beginning early today and all I want to do is watch razorback baseball
The game threads will always be a day or two before actual game day here in EI. It is a method that has worked in the past. ARKANSAS, works around a schedule, just as many do here in EI. Quality and information about upcoming games is what these folks provide. That is all. :)
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

deserthog

Hope the radio broadcast has some background noise this time. Last broadcast was almost Twilight Zonish!

BigBrandonAllenFan

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict an 11-2 win for Arkansas.  ;D

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Rockhawg on February 22, 2018, 11:01:20 am

I agree 110%.  Pitching duels are the best.  They keep you on the edge of your seat til the last out.

pigture perfect

Look for the offense to show up tomorrow. I'm thinking several crooked numbered innings.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JHicks3636

A few notes on Cal Poly's starting pitcher tomorrow. Michael Clark is a Junior right-hander. Until this year he has been the team's leading reliever. Last year he was 5-0 with 11 saves.  He had a 2.59 era. Opposing batters hit only .197 against him. He walked 17 and Kd 36. He did not allow a homerun in 48.2 innings.

Hog are ya

So disappointed... Live in SoCal and was planning to drive down Fri morn to catch Fri and Sat games.  Some things have come up to prevent this!  Ugggh!!  But will try and avoid spoilers and will read this thread tomorrow night, all the way thru as if I'm watching it live!  I've done this many a time in the last few years, you guys do a great job!!!

hoghappy

I will be working, but plan on following this thread. Thank you for doing them.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 22, 2018, 11:09:13 pm
A few notes on Cal Poly’s starting pitcher tomorrow. Michael Clark is a Junior right-hander. Until this year he has been the team’s leading reliever. Last year he was 5-0 with 11 saves.  He had a 2.59 era. Opposing batters hit only .197 against him. He walked 17 and Kd 36. He did not allow a homerun in 48.2 innings.

They probably circled this game long ago.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Sho Nuff

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 22, 2018, 11:09:13 pm
A few notes on Cal Poly's starting pitcher tomorrow. Michael Clark is a Junior right-hander. Until this year he has been the team's leading reliever. Last year he was 5-0 with 11 saves.  He had a 2.59 era. Opposing batters hit only .197 against him. He walked 17 and Kd 36. He did not allow a homerun in 48.2 innings.
Kjerstad and company do not care what he allows.  They will hit balls out of the park and make him like it.

southarkhog06

I wonder if we see everyones ace, or if the other coaches opt not to mess with their pitchers schedules.

Pudgepork

We might see some rocket blasts today.  Those balls that went to the fence and died should zoom over the fence in a daytime game. (Watch the wind be blowing in at 40mph)   Go Hogs, win number 600 for Coach Van Horne

JHGiunta

I have been so busy preparing for another TDY that I haven't been able to watch or keep up like I want. However, these game threads are always so fun to read. What a game on Wednesday! I don't have Cox, so I'll be relying on this thread for this game. Go Hogs!

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: deserthog on February 22, 2018, 09:00:57 pm
Hope the radio broadcast has some background noise this time. Last broadcast was almost Twilight Zonish!
According to Scott Inman on the buzz radio this morning, there are no windows for outside noise.  They are planning to use sounds from the TV broadcast today so it doesn't sound so quiet.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on February 23, 2018, 11:07:11 am
According to Scott Inman on the buzz radio this morning, there are no windows for outside noise.  They are planning to use sounds from the TV broadcast today so it doesn't sound so quiet.

If nothing else he could crush some peanuts shells close to the mic, that might mimic some crowd noise.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on February 23, 2018, 11:07:11 am

I would imagine being in a room by yourself talking in a microphone would get weird after awhile.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

jbell96

Quote from: southarkhog06 on February 23, 2018, 08:47:56 am
I wonder if we see everyones ace, or if the other coaches opt not to mess with their pitchers schedules.

Obviously we will see Cal Poly's ace, but San Diego State has to play Arizona tonight, and USD plays Michigan, so I think we'll be seeing their #2 and #3 starters in our last two games.

SPAL

hawgrunner

JHGiunta

One of u guys with Cox Sports want to FaceTime and just leave your device aimed at your TV? 🤫🤗😂

swineology

JHicks3636

Quote from: hawgrunner on February 23, 2018, 12:16:07 pm
Should be Sunny and 55 degrees about first pitch!

Go Hogs!
Winds will be a brisk 15 mph but I don't know in which direction.

JHicks3636

Arkansas line-up-we will be the designated home team

SS Biggers     .308
CF Fletcher    .235
RF Cole          .429
DH Bonfield    .308
LF Kjerstad     .583
3B Gates        .444
C   Koch         .300
1B Lee           .000
2B Shaddy     .444
P  Knight       1-0, 0.00 era

Sportsnutt9

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 23, 2018, 01:50:37 pm
Arkansas line-up-we will be the designated home team

SS Biggers     .308
CF Fletcher    .235
RF Cole          .429
DH Bonfield    .308
LF Kjerstad     .583
3B Gates        .444
C   Koch         .300
1B Lee           .000
2B Shaddy     .444
P  Knight       

A little surprised Kenley isn't getting much of a shot at 3B in the first few games. Kid, has a great glove and just needs some AB's to get into a rhythm at the plate.

JHicks3636

Cal Poly line-up-visiting team

CF McKenna   .286
LF George      .200
RF Beesley     .167
1B Samuelson .312
SS Marinconz  .214
DH Cabrera     .500
C  Meyer         .429
2B Ogrin         .188
3B Doherty      .400
P   Clark         0-0, 5.40 era

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 23, 2018, 01:44:49 pm
Winds will be a brisk 15 mph but I don't know in which direction.
Team's Twitter feed says wind is blowing out to RF.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

SPAL

Dvh obviously doesn't need any help, but I would like to see gates at first and Martin/kenley at 3rd.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 23, 2018, 02:12:50 pm

Thanks, was just about to post the same thing.  Below is the photo posted with that tweet.  Note that the Hogs have a lefty-heavy lineup today.

razorbackfan86

hawgrunner

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 23, 2018, 02:12:50 pm

Per our lovely local weather lady, Heather Myers at CBS8 here in San Diego onshore wind gust should die down this afternoon.

JHicks3636

Some Tournament notes
The tournament features 7 teams, 5 from the West plus Michigan and Arkansas
Some teams, including Arkansas, will play 3 games; others will play 4
The games take place at two different fields-one at San Diego State, the other at the University of San Diego
Michigan is sticking around until Monday to play a 4th game-the only game scheduled that day
Our Sunday game starts at 10am Pacific time. I assume that will get us out of town and back home at a fairly reasonable time.