Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 4 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (3-0, 0-0 SEC) vs #26 Arizona (3-0, 0-0 Pac 12)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 19, 2018, 06:46:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GB-Razorback

Thank you all from the Lurkers who appreciate your efforts!  WPS!  🐗🐗🐗
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

War Boar

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

Maddhog

Great job, guys, as usual.  Never would have thought one run would win it. 

#WPS
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Woodland Pork CO

CJ HOG

Big early season win WPS!

Thanks for the pbp tonight guys, great job. Only having audio, the extra eyes and insight adds a lot for those of us  without CST. See everyone this weekend.

BroyledNutts

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 22, 2018, 12:17:29 am
So, we win 32-4 a few days ago and 1-0 tonight.   Gotta love baseball.

Well done, JHicks.   Thanks, Razorbacks#1.

That's baseball. Nice to know we can win both ways.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

hogginbama

My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: hogginbama on February 22, 2018, 12:24:57 am
Thanks for the PBP. What does the weekend schedule look like?

Friday at 3 p.m. vs. Cal Poly
Saturday at 8 p.m. vs. San Diego State
Sunday at noon vs. San Diego

JHicks3636

Friday at 3 central-Cal Poly
Saturday at 8 central-San Diego State
Sunday at Noon central- San Diego

JHicks3636

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

501Ben

Yosemite Ham

Love 1-0. Great job Hogs and here's to the best baseball coach in college, Coach Dave Van Horn. Enjoy San Diego.
Elmer Fudds a [CENSORED]

SPAL

Dirty

I forgot we played last night.  Alright!  WPS! Even though it's late.

MissippHog

TNhawgfan

Couldn't stay up that late. Glad we won and i have threads to read early in the morning
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Bacons Rebellion

Great pbp. I had too big a day today to stay up.

Cruel trick with the umpire / ref hall of shame discussion. When you're going through the pb and you're at page 7 of 13 in the 7th inning, you think 6 pages for 2 innings, crap, we're blowing this lead. Then the discussion gets off track and you're checking the page count, and your thinking, it's the 8th, if someone brings up Preston Watts and Marc Curles, that could use up another page right there and we might pull this thing out, 1-0. Wait, the hockey game? YES, that's going to help get us to that magic 13! Where do you live? YES!!! We can do it!

It's a different kind of suspense.

MissippHog

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on February 22, 2018, 06:06:45 am
Great pbp. I had too big a day today to stay up.

Cruel trick with the umpire / ref hall of shame discussion. When you're going through the pb and you're at page 7 of 13 in the 7th inning, you think 6 pages for 2 innings, crap, we're blowing this lead. Then the discussion gets off track and you're checking the page count, and your thinking, it's the 8th, if someone brings up Preston Watts and Marc Curles, that could use up another page right there and we might pull this thing out, 1-0. Wait, the hockey game? YES, that's going to help get us to that magic 13! Where do you live? YES!!! We can do it!

It's a different kind of suspense.
Haha, kinda like actually being at the game.  Last couple of innings always take the longest and with the wheels turning, pitching changes, etc., conversation often leads other places.

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Amityvillehogger

Dragging today. But it was well worth it. Hoping this coffee takes effect soon.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ThisTeetsTaken

On the last AB for Arizona, did Cronin get him by over powering him or fooling him with the three pitches?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ucahogfan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 22, 2018, 07:46:23 am
On the last AB for Arizona, did Cronin get him by over powering him or fooling him with the three pitches?
It was like Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn against Jack Parkman in Major League 2. Just blew him away with some heat.

jbell96

I'm sure this was discussed in earlier parts of the thread, but I'm not a fan of Scott Inman's PBP skills. Maybe I'm just used to how great Phil is, but it's hard to stay engaged while listening to the radio when the guy is so monotone.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Looking ahead to this weekend any chance we save Knight and Campbell for Saturday and Sunday instead of throwing Knight against Cal Poly on Friday?

cram224

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 22, 2018, 12:16:59 am
I wanna apologize to cram. I deleted the Mississippi State stuff cause I thought you may have been trolling. It was weird timing so I thought it was a derail.....however, I think you were just talking between innings. So, I apologize.
No problem, it was late. I think it's interesting since it's effects their baseball program.

jbell96

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on February 22, 2018, 08:51:11 am
Looking ahead to this weekend any chance we save Knight and Campbell for Saturday and Sunday instead of throwing Knight against Cal Poly on Friday?

While SDSU and USD are likely better than Cal Poly, it's not that big of a gap to warrant switching our rotation around the 2nd weekend of the season. Yes, Poly is only 1-3, they split 2 games with Gonzaga, both were one run games, lost 3-1 in extra innings to New Mexico, who IMO is going to be in the tournament, and the last game they got blasted 16-7 by Oregon State, but Oregon State does that to just about everyone they play. SDSU swept their opening series against UCSB, very impressive, but they lost to USD on Tuesday, and USD went 2-2 over the weekend, splitting games with Cal & Cincinnati.

arthurhawgerelli

Why was Inman doing play by play? He was okay, but too much dead air for the radio. I was on the road, and kept thinking I had lost the broadcast several times.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on February 22, 2018, 08:51:11 am

As a former pitcher, I think you keep the rotation the same. Pitchers like consistency and knowing what day they are taking the mound. When i was playing, i knew every Friday was my go.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: jbell96 on February 22, 2018, 09:44:58 am
While SDSU and USD are likely better than Cal Poly, it's not that big of a gap to warrant switching our rotation around the 2nd weekend of the season. Yes, Poly is only 1-3, they split 2 games with Gonzaga, both were one run games, lost 3-1 in extra innings to New Mexico, who IMO is going to be in the tournament, and the last game they got blasted 16-7 by Oregon State, but Oregon State does that to just about everyone they play. SDSU swept their opening series against UCSB, very impressive, but they lost to USD on Tuesday, and USD went 2-2 over the weekend, splitting games with Cal & Cincinnati.

True, great recap! Maybe McKinney will get a little more in form this Sunday. We know he has the stuff, just a matter of him getting comfortable again.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on February 22, 2018, 10:05:17 am
Why was Inman doing play by play? He was okay, but too much dead air for the radio. I was on the road, and kept thinking I had lost the broadcast several times.

Besides his baseball duties, Elson is also the radio voice of Razorback women's basketball.  They have games tonight and Sunday.

jbell96

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on February 22, 2018, 10:12:56 am
True, great recap! Maybe McKinney will get a little more in form this Sunday. We know he has the stuff, just a matter of him getting comfortable again.

I hope so too, he looked a little rusty, so hopefully he got the nerves worked out of his system.

Piggage

Agreed. He did a good job of calling all the major action of the game without extra words and stumbling around, but with lots of silence. We miss things like who's up and throwing in the bullpen, double play depth, playing this hitter to pull, etc. Phil Elson lives and breathes the game of baseball and can effortlessly provide that without a color guy.

jbell96

Same here, I was listening online, and thought I lost connection a few times because of the dead air.

Big Nasty 34

This is where you really miss a good color commentator. I thought he did fine since it's not his professional job.

Also shows how great Vin Scully was to do it alone for all those years.

SPAL

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on February 22, 2018, 11:28:47 am
This is where you really miss a good color commentator. I thought he did fine since it's not his professional job.

Also shows how great Vin Scully was to do it alone for all those years.

Vin Scully is a legend. Not quite Vin ascolese but good.

I forgot about the game last night.  My bad.  I want to say this.  I often dislike how DVH coaches and I say so.  But when you win games like this against teams that are not basic cardboard cutouts as the competition, you have to pull correct strings.  AZ is not highly rated yet but I offer that they will be.  Holtz would not refer to AZ as the little sisters of the poor.  Keep it up coach and get those players to produce all season long.  I want to believe we got the makings this season if we stay healthy and intent.  Drive them hard coach and put them up wet.  Love Baseball