Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calm down folks.let the season play out.there are going to be more losses

Started by forrest city joe, January 17, 2018, 08:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jst01

Dtechman

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2018, 08:22:28 pm
I said the team is not playing well right now.and i said it can turn around. let the season play out.

What if it doesn't turn around FCJ? Will you call for him to be fired then? Surely a rational person would. It's been 7 years man...let that sink in.

3of5-2

Quote from: razorpimp on January 17, 2018, 08:51:57 pm
Why didn't CMA get both?
It goes back a few years, and a few years has consequences, and sometimes those consequences come back to bite you. Tonight it bit a big chunk.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Dtechman on January 17, 2018, 08:56:29 pm
What if it doesn't turn around FCJ? Will you call for him to be fired then? Surely a rational person would. It's been 7 years man...let that sink in.

You know he won't. He identifies with CMA.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

jst01

Quote from: WoePigSooie on January 17, 2018, 08:55:28 pm
Who got the better deal?

Florida. Allen scores more per game. Other stats are kind of similar. So maybe not hugely lopsided as I thought.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: maxhog5 on January 17, 2018, 08:22:02 pm
First Big Enos, now we hear from Little Enos.
Quote from: elksnort on January 17, 2018, 08:26:13 pm
FCJ= THE guy on Smokey and the Bandits, big Ennis?
Letsroll1200=the sun played by Paul Williams.

"Thats right pa, uncle Mike will get it turned around"
Input, the typical cliche' about marathon, all is not death, or Any other tired horseshit.

I literally laughed out loud for the first time in a week ... thank you ... wish I was good with memes ...

hoglady

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2018, 08:21:41 pm
you just posted so you can say you come on here after losses.

you are not a hog fan, you are a Anderson loyalist.

this team is a couple of plays away from being 0-6 in this league.

time for a change

No doubt, Joe is a big Anderson fan - to say he's not a Hog fan is just not true.

He's been around for a long, long time - I listened to him call into Drivetime sports years before Hogville was in existence.
He was always my favorite regular caller.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: razorpimp on January 17, 2018, 08:40:22 pm
CMA is also top 20 in pay
MA cleaned our clock when he held us up for that ridiculous salary knowing that no other school in the country would pay that for his mediocre record but the UA just HAD to have him and Nolan's selective memory back for a resurgence of 40 Minutes Of Hell.

greasy_corner

Settle down.  We'll be fine once we get the practice facility.

InHOGuration Ball

Joe,

"You can't stop what's coming. It ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity."  {"No country for old men" quote}

Who you picking as the next coach?

Letsroll1200

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on January 17, 2018, 09:10:09 pm
MA cleaned our clock when he held us up for that ridiculous salary knowing that no other school in the country would pay that for his mediocre record but the UA just HAD to have him and Nolan's selective memory back for a resurgence of 40 Minutes Of Hell.

Oregon was willing to pay. Check again.

LZH

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 17, 2018, 08:39:39 pm
Not much evidence of that since the start of the Stan Heath era.

The only difference between MA and Heath or Pelphrey is that MA can recruit better athletes here or there. They are all very average coaches. The fact that he wasn't fired two years ago is the very reason I lost interest. The one sport I really like that we have a realistic chance of competing for SEC Championships each year is allowed to woefully underachieve over and over just because "we love our coach."

hoglady

Allen is averaging 10.3 pts per game / 2 assists/ 2.4 rebs / shooting 29% from 3 and 34.9% FG.
Beard is averaging 11.1 pts per game / 2.7 assists / 2.5 rebs / shooting 32.8 from 3 and 40.9% FG.

Allen had a game tonight that is outside the norm for him.
So for everyone who thinks his numbers are so much better than Anton Beard - Beard is out performing Allen in every single category.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

jacksonhawg

FCJ, point out specifically what gives you optimism. Also, I'd like to know the difference in what Bielema was accomplishing compares to what Anderson is accomplishing. Why should Anderson get more time, but Bielema needed to be fired ASAP.

Thanks in advance

hoglady

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2018, 09:16:08 pm
Florida got the better player. Beard is a undersized two guard.

Before this year I would have agreed, but Allen has regressed badly.

We'll see if this Arkansas game turns his season around but I doubt it. This game was an outlier for him.

Hoggish1

I said the team is not playing well right now.and i said it can turn around. let the season play out.

What choice does anyone have?  Of course the season is going to play out.  What other advise do you have?

jst01

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2018, 09:19:07 pm
Allen is averaging 10.3 pts per game / 2 assists/ 2.4 rebs / shooting 29% from 3 and 34.9% FG.
Beard is averaging 11.1 pts per game / 2.7 assists / 2.5 rebs / shooting 32.8 from 3 and 40.9% FG.

So for everyone who thinks his numbers are so much better than Anton Beard - Beard is out performing Allen in every single category.

Don't cherry pick. Career numbers lean Allen.

hoglady

Quote from: jst01 on January 17, 2018, 09:40:02 pm
Don't cherry pick. Career numbers lean Allen.

I'm not cherry picking - I'm talking about performance to date this year.
I already said prior to this year I would have said Allen.

TheRazorback500

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Gata owns Arkansas at home in BB. Since 1995. Allen just rubbed salt in the wounds. You knew it had to happen.

31-10! 31-10!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

tkclark

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2018, 10:20:03 pm
I'm not cherry picking - I'm talking about performance to date this year.
I already said prior to this year I would have said Allen.

Allen was All-SEC his 2nd year in the league.  His career numbers are better than Beard's.  He was a pre-season All-SEC selection this year but hasn't played as well as expected (although still pretty good).  No coach, given the choice picks Beard over Allen.  Allen is the better player

Add in the fact that tonight isn't the first time Allen has roasted the Hogs. 

Paul

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 17, 2018, 08:23:08 pm
My how our standards have fallen. It's now ok to lose by 20. Hey there will be more like this! Yippee!
It's the same people that prefer cable TV over Direct TV

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rude1

I will wait until the season is over to make my final determination but the early observations are not encouraging. This is just an atrocious defensive team, they absolutely take nothing away from an opposing offense. Teams can literally get any shot they desire against us, and usually it's barely contested if at all. Don't see a strong finish this year either as Barford and Macon are logging a ton of minutes and will probably wear down towards the season end.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I like Mike Anderson, I was a huge fan of the hire.  But we got to hold all coaches to the same accountability.  He needs to turn this team around and make a run in the tournament or it's time to think about a change.  Maybe you're related to Anderson Joe, but you have to grade him on the same scale as any other Razorback coach.  He deserves a lot of criticism right now. 

hogsanity

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2018, 09:09:14 pm
No doubt, Joe is a big Anderson fan - to say he's not a Hog fan is just not true.

He's been around for a long, long time - I listened to him call into Drivetime sports years before Hogville was in existence.
He was always my favorite regular caller.

You assume caller and poster are the same. I'm starting to wonder if the poster called fcj isnt just a troll.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hoglady

Quote from: hogsanity on January 17, 2018, 11:11:18 pm
You assume caller and poster are the same. I'm starting to wonder if the poster called fcj isnt just a troll.

You are correct that I assume they are the same person.

hobhog

Wow. Except wins.....🐗🐗

Nickle-Pig

Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

RedBird5

While I understand your point, it lacks context.  Beard has plenty of ability and can put up numbers, but it's WHEN he makes bad decisions or mistakes.  He takes bad shots, makes bad passes, and/or fouls at the worst moments of a game.  He's awesome in the first five minutes of a half and falls apart late. 

elksnort

Quote from: LZH on January 17, 2018, 09:17:08 pm
The only difference between MA and Heath or Pelphrey is that MA can recruit better athletes here or there. They are all very average coaches. The fact that he wasn't fired two years ago is the very reason I lost interest. The one sport I really like that we have a realistic chance of competing for SEC Championships each year is allowed to woefully underachieve over and over just because "we love our coach."
Very good post.

3kgthog

Remember when Nolan said he wasn't treated like other coaches on campus? Well, Mike is treated better than any coach on campus, man or woman.

Name another basketball coach that could survive winning no conference championships, no SECT tournament championships, two NCAAT appearances in six years while never making it past the first weekend, and showing zero promise in year seven with a roster that's half seniors.

It's a freaking disgrace what this school accepts with its basketball program.

hog47

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 17, 2018, 08:17:53 pm
Things are not always as bad as they look,or as good as they look.team is not playing well right now.but it can turn around. so i am not going to go crazy afyer every loss.there are going to be more losses.just got to stay calm and win the rest of our home games.and steal a couple on the road.i am not going to panic. LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT FOLKS!
I'm not sure what team your watching but this team has major problems from defense to attitude problems. My opinion is that unless this problems are solved we likely will not win many  games. Probably not make the dance.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2018, 09:21:41 pm
Before this year I would have agreed, but Allen has regressed badly.

We'll see if this Arkansas game turns his season around but I doubt it. This game was an outlier for him.

Allen plays on a well coached college BB team; Beard doesn't.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 17, 2018, 11:44:49 pm
Remember when Nolan said he wasn't treated like other coaches on campus? Well, Mike is treated better than any coach on campus, man or woman.

Name another basketball coach that could survive winning no conference championships, no SECT tournament championships, two NCAAT appearances in six years while never making it past the first weekend, and showing zero promise in year seven with a roster that's half seniors.

It's a freaking disgrace what this school accepts with its basketball program.

The seniors crap is overblown. You have Beard and Thompson who has been in the program for four years. Thompson struggles because he's not athletic enough to compete and Beard will be Beard.

You have Barford, Macon and Cook in their second seasons. You have Thomas in his second season playing for the Razorbacks.

arkansasstory

The guys at ESPN explained it clearly. We're the worst in free throw percentage and terrible at defense.

masbas3

Quote from: grayhawg on January 17, 2018, 08:27:45 pm
7 years is enough. I was on the Mike Anderson even before he was hired. But I have  began to wonder if the game has passed him by.

Most of Hogville wanted Mike Anderson as coach before he was hired, I never wanted him hired, and it's not because I don't like Mike, I love him for all he done here as an assistant under Nolan, and he seems to be a great family man with very good values.   But I do not believe he is in any way a top 25 Coach, and Arkansas should have a top 10 Coach leading this program, we are that good of a program under the right Coach.  We have the facilities, and we have a good recruiting base, unlike what hinders us in football.  Mike, he's had 7 years now people, and he's failed miserably.  FCJ will point at last year, okay, what did we win last year?  Nothing!  In Mikes 6th year in the SEC he still hasn't won anything and we're esthetic we went to the round of 32 in March Madness, we should expect that every year.  This is what I knew would happen when Mike was hired, he would have a lifetime contract with the UofA, so we as Hog fans just have to sit back and watch mediocre basketball because that's what it's going to be from here on out, but at least FCJ will be so happy that Mike Anderson is the Coach.

HogBreath

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 18, 2018, 04:36:11 am
The seniors crap is overblown. You have Beard and Thompson who has been in the program for four years. Thompson struggles because he's not athletic enough to compete and Beard will be Beard.

You have Barford, Macon and Cook in their second seasons. You have Thomas in his second season playing for the Razorbacks.
On the other hand, it couldn't take more than one-two practices to learn all the in and outs of the CMA beloved system.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Athog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2018, 08:20:28 pm
It's a marathon. Really like the effort in the second half. Mike will get it turned around. Left this game feeling optimistic.

If this is true then Bret B. Should still be the coach. I know Mike got us to the tournament last year and we came close to beating the national champs ...ugh!

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Inhogswetrust

Funny you didn't say that in Pel's last year....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

20gauge

Enough with the excuses. Get fixed MA. You would figure the way things have gone something would have changed beside shuffling a line up

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 17, 2018, 08:25:00 pm
It's funny how in basketball we hear "let the season play out" but when the football season starts going south it's "fire everyone now!"

You're kidding right ? CBB NEVER did anything to show promise as our coach. Mike has. One other thing. The Bud is finally rocking again. It took years to get it there. Why not let the season play out ? Florida was hitting everything early even when guarded close. K. Allen gave us the typical former Arkansas performance. It happens.

You guys act like Mike is the one missing free throws and shots out there. I believe he will turn it around and get us to the elite 8 this year. The SEC is as tough as I've ever seen it.

GuvHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2018, 08:50:48 pm
We got Beard they got Allen.

Mike should have gotten both. A good coach does not allow a player of the caliber to leave the state. I stated when Allen signed with Florida that he would be the Hogs worst nightmare and he has been.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 18, 2018, 04:36:11 am

who recruited and signed this team? this is mike Anderson's program lock stock & barrel. so if this team roster is mismanaged this it is totally on him.

got some of you act like he just walked in the building.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2018, 07:08:36 am
who recruited and signed this team? this is mike Anderson's program lock stock & barrel. so if this team roster is mismanaged this it is totally on him.

got some of you act like he just walked in the building.

And some of you act like out of state Mcdonalds all Americans are just lining up to play for Arkansas. Sure. For almost 20 years that gym was a ghost town. Thats a LOT to come back from. And its not like he hasn't given us some good seasons during this time. It wasn't a rebuild. It was a build from ground zero. The program was ASHES. But its a microwave world. People like you want it yesterday. Just let the season play out.

Pigasaurus

Wasn't K. Allens stepdad involved in his decision? And he had a second chance to come to Arkansas and chose not to.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Davidr295

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 18, 2018, 07:14:33 am
And some of you act like out of state Mcdonalds all Americans are just lining up to play for Arkansas. Sure. For almost 20 years that gym was a ghost town. Thats a LOT to come back from. And its not like he hasn't given us some good seasons during this time. It wasn't a rebuild. It was a build from ground zero. The program was ASHES. But its a microwave world. People like you want it yesterday. Just let the season play out.

You know who leans on excuses.. Losers