Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chavis Proof

Started by VirginiaHog, January 08, 2018, 06:50:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VirginiaHog

For all of those asking about people seeing him or recruits talking to him. See below for assurance Chavis is our DC.

arkybuc

John Chavis, Ron Cooper, and Steve Caldwell were at Slim Chickens on Wedington  about 15 minutes ago.

ricepig

Quote from: arkybuc on January 08, 2018, 07:10:14 pm
John Chavis, Ron Cooper, and Steve Caldwell were at Slim Chickens on Wedington  about 15 minutes ago.

Looks like Chavis is going down the restaurant list, started off with Doe's last Thursday night, been eating at Subway for lunch, and now at Slim Chickens. Someone needs to check out the food truck tomorrow night.

jbigs77

I guess recruits know, why no announcement? 

ricepig

Quote from: jbigs77 on January 08, 2018, 07:19:02 pm
I guess recruits know, why no announcement? 

Because Morris said he wanted to announce them all at one time, seems simple, but some can grasp it.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 07:21:43 pm
Because Morris said he wanted to announce them all at one time, seems simple, but some can grasp it.
For me it was not about being able to "grasp it" but rather the sources on HV are not very reliable. If you believe 99% of HV we hired Gus, then Norvell, then Morris and AD  Derrick Bragg. But I am glad that someone finally gave some sort of proof
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

ricepig

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 08, 2018, 07:27:54 pm
For me it was not about being able to "grasp it" but rather the sources on HV are not very reliable. If you believe 99% of HV we hired Gus, then Norvell, then Morris and AD  Derrick Bragg. But I am glad that someone finally gave some sort of proof

He's been in Fayetteville since Thursday, sometimes you have to go outside HV for siurces, lol.

CaseyHawgDog

He is at Grumpy's right now watching the game
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."<br />- John Wayne

Arthur pigby sellers.

I just Chavis at Bottoms Up!

redeye

Boardon Hamsay

Nothing is official until he's seen in the back room at Powerhouse.

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 08, 2018, 07:37:39 pm
I just Chavis at Bottoms Up!

Fire Chavis! >:(
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hog Fan...DOH!

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

rzrbk4life

Quote from: VirginiaHog on January 08, 2018, 06:50:11 pm
For all of those asking about people seeing him or recruits talking to him. See below for assurance Chavis is our DC.

What's this?? Everyone knows Chavis doesn't recruit
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on January 08, 2018, 08:02:18 pm
Who wants a mustache ride??

The problem at BU could be determining which mustache is the rider and which is the ridee.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Three and Snout

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 08, 2018, 08:15:48 pm
The problem at BU could be determining which mustache is the rider and which is the ridee.

Chavis is the one with the mustache that isn't pregnant. 

247Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 07:15:25 pm
Looks like Chavis is going down the restaurant list, started off with Doe's last Thursday night, been eating at Subway for lunch, and now at Slim Chickens. Someone needs to check out the food truck tomorrow night.

Someone needs to check his health after all the eating out. Seriously though, glad to see him contacting current commits.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Porknoxville

Quote from: VirginiaHog on January 08, 2018, 06:50:11 pm
THANK YOU, Virginia Hog.
Now that is what I was wanting to see. And you gave that to me.
All I wad hearing was "A report said", " Twitter says", " Face book friend says"
. I wanted a picture, or a recruit or something that I could deem legitimate and you gave that to me.
Thanks again Virginia Hog.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: 247Hog on January 08, 2018, 08:19:17 pm
Someone needs to check his health after all the eating out. Seriously though, glad to see him contacting current commits.

Calm down..you know it's tough to eat healthy when you are living out of a hotel.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hoggish1

WPS

hogfan870

I honestly don't remember Morris saying this, maybe he did, but it was a long time ago at this point. And it probably seemed reasonable when we thought it would be a week or two, but at this point it seems stupid that we have not named a DC yet - especially if we actually have one

ChicoHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 08, 2018, 08:15:48 pm
Now that was good!

oldhawg

Quote from: hogfan870 on January 08, 2018, 09:11:40 pm
I honestly don't remember Morris saying this, maybe he did, but it was a long time ago at this point. And it probably seemed reasonable when we thought it would be a week or two, but at this point it seems stupid that we have not named a DC yet - especially if we actually have one

If he is on the job and working, what difference does it make if a formal announcement has not been made for the fans benefits.  Chances are that he is communicating with key people, staff and recruits, that he needs to.  After all, the Razorbacks have less than ten scholarships to offer at this time, and some of those are going to the offensive side of the ball.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan870 on January 08, 2018, 09:11:40 pm

He knew when it would occur, the 10th assistant couldn't officially start until tomorrow. If the recruits know who it is, that's all that matters.

Tortfeasor

Taking odds he will be found at Ben's Apartment tonight for recap.

ChicoHog

Quote from: redeye on January 08, 2018, 07:48:19 pm

Does this mean Gooden will be eligible to play here?  Earlier reports on Hogville speculated he didn't have the course requirements. 

DoubleReedHawgCaller

One smells like Brut 33 the other taint????
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Lanlord

Players met the defensive staff today so maybe we hear something tomorrow.

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 08, 2018, 09:16:54 pm
Does this mean Gooden will be eligible to play here?  Earlier reports on Hogville speculated he didn't have the course requirements. 

Nope, does it mean he can possibly get eligible?

NuttinItUp

redeye

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 08, 2018, 09:16:54 pm

I haven't been following recruiting this year, so I have no idea.  Just posted those for more proof that it's Chavis.

hogfan870

Quote from: oldhawg on January 08, 2018, 09:15:54 pm
If he is on the job and working, what difference does it make if a formal announcement has not been made for the fans benefits.  Chances are that he is communicating with key people, staff and recruits, that he needs to.  After all, the Razorbacks have less than ten scholarships to offer at this time, and some of those are going to the offensive side of the ball.

Why would you, or would anyone, dismiss the fans? We are the ones that pay for all of this.  There is great interest from the fan base, and if it is a done deal, there is no reason not to announce it, yes, for the benefit of the people that are the reason that all of this exists.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Lanlord on January 08, 2018, 09:32:17 pm
Players met the defensive staff today so maybe we hear something tomorrow.

Yes, Scoota Harris posted on twitter about it without mentioning any names. Gooden mentioned Chavis by name, then took it down like maybe someone asked him not to give names.. I think he would have to pass an additional math class to meet SEC requirements? We've run into that on Jucos before, Speight for one.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Phil D

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 08, 2018, 07:27:54 pm

Did you not listen to coach Morris say that he wanted to announce the full Staff at one time or is your only source of Hog sports hogville? this isn't Hogville sources, its from a public interview with coach Morris. Jesus some of you have comprehension issues.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on January 08, 2018, 08:02:18 pm
Who wants a mustache ride??

Maybe he's not "too old" after all..

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Tortfeasor on January 08, 2018, 09:16:43 pm
Taking odds he will be found at Ben's Apartment tonight for recap.

Can he take over Bert's membership?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

FANONTHEHILL

For what it's worth, my son was working out yesterday (Monday, the 8th) and several members of the new staff came into the weight room.  The names being mentioned by most sources are accurate.  I will not say who they were, that's Coach Morris' job, but I would imagine that you will hear the announcement later today (the 9th) as many have stated.

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Dominicanhog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 09, 2018, 06:15:00 am
For what it's worth, my son was working out yesterday (Monday, the 8th) and several members of the new staff came into the weight room.  The names being mentioned by most sources are accurate.  I will not say who they were, that's Coach Morris' job, but I would imagine that you will hear the announcement later today (the 9th) as many have stated.

We got the "No Name Defense"

Kevin

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 09, 2018, 06:15:00 am
For what it’s worth, my son was working out yesterday (Monday, the 8th) and several members of the new staff came into the weight room.  The names being mentioned by most sources are accurate.  I will not say who they were, that’s Coach Morris’ job, but I would imagine that you will hear the announcement later today (the 9th) as many have stated.

was there a strength coach around?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Kevin on January 09, 2018, 06:55:30 am
was there a strength coach around?

He wasn't there yesterday, but it's Trumain Carroll.  Ok State alum and was with Coach Morris at SMU.  He's been around for a while.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: 247Hog on January 08, 2018, 08:19:17 pm

Especially if he ate out at Bottoms Up.

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

blueridger

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 09, 2018, 07:20:53 am
He wasn't there yesterday, but it's Trumain Carroll.  Ok State alum and was with Coach Morris at SMU.  He's been around for a while.

reminder...Trumain is a game changer.  the bodies you see now will look much different in August. 

247Hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 08, 2018, 08:44:40 pm
Calm down..you know it's tough to eat healthy when you are living out of a hotel.

Good grief, i was kidding.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

ambien_sky

On the radio this morning, while I was driving my daughter to school,  Chavis is already contacting recruits.  Chavis is the DC for sure.  Him and the rest of the staff should be announced today.  He said everyone should be pleased.

oldhawg

Quote from: hogfan870 on January 09, 2018, 12:17:06 am
Why would you, or would anyone, dismiss the fans? We are the ones that pay for all of this.  There is great interest from the fan base, and if it is a done deal, there is no reason not to announce it, yes, for the benefit of the people that are the reason that all of this exists.

No one is dismissing the fans.  I get it, we live in the information age.  However there is nothing critical, or even important for that matter, in announcing the new staff last week as compared to this week.  The need for instant gratification has become overbearing at times.  Who the new coaches are is fairly common knowledge by this time anyway, and a public announcement is not much more than a formality.  Coaches are working, recruiting is going on as much as possible during this dead period, and all four or five remaining defensive prospects that the Razorbacks will sign are likely aware who their position coaches are.  No worries.

If the information is bogus, and the real DC turns out to be Brent Venables (or Ellis Johnson for that matter), then we will all be surprised ---- and life as a Razorback fan will continue.

As I recall, Bobby Petrino announced his full staff about this same timeframe when he was first hired at Arkansas with little or no consternation about it being so late, even on HV.

hogcards

Quote from: ambien_sky on January 09, 2018, 08:23:59 am
On the radio this morning, while I was driving my daughter to school,  Chavis is already contacting recruits.  Chavis is the DC for sure.  Him and the rest of the staff should be announced today.  He said everyone should be pleased.

Awful if true.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hogcards on January 09, 2018, 08:43:53 am
Awful if true.
If I got two votes to ban posters from this site you'd get both

hogcards

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 09, 2018, 08:45:59 am
If I got two votes to ban posters from this site you'd get both

Yes, because opposing opinions are bad.   :D
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona