Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Assistant Coach Announcements

Started by stahawg, January 07, 2018, 02:56:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stahawg

Early this week per Biddy via twitter!!!

Rudy Baylor

the pay site guy who's so often wrong

our Arkansas sports news comes from the pay site guys

stahawg

Players meet with coaches one week from tomorrow. So, obviously this week sometime the public should be made aware of the new hires officially. - this is from me & it's free.

gumbohog

Rumors here in Austin may align with that timeline. A local high school coach is rumored to be heading to college...presumably Arkansas. My money is on Hank Cárter, head coach at state power Lake Travis (many of whose players we have offered) who has long been connected to Morris (who used to coach lake Travis). Todd Dodge from Westlake has also been rumored but he's older and has tried the college route...and has many family reasons to stay.

hawgjr

FootballScoop reporting that Chavis has brought Ron Cooper with him.

ricepig

Quote from: gumbohog on January 07, 2018, 03:09:18 pm
Rumors here in Austin may align with that timeline. A local high school coach is rumored to be heading to college...presumably Arkansas. My money is on Hank Cárter, head coach at state power Lake Travis (many of whose players we have offered) who has long been connected to Morris (who used to coach lake Travis). Todd Dodge from Westlake has also been rumored but he's older and has tried the college route...and has many family reasons to stay.

RD said the other day not to be surprised to see a high school coach on staff???

JIHawg

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 02:59:20 pm

From Top Gun, the captain to Jester:  "He beat you, didn't he?"

GoHogs1091

Quote from: LFC Hog on January 07, 2018, 03:09:54 pm
FootballScoop reporting that Chavis has brought Ron Cooper with him.

Cooper is a very good DB Coach.

Things will be promising defensively with Steve Caldwell (if he indeed is going to be back) and with Ron Cooper.

ricepig

Chavis
Caldwell
Scott
Cooper

Who's the 5th guy?

Bubba's Bruisers

Whom have we offered from Lake Travis?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

opineonswine

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 03:30:01 pm
Chavis
Caldwell
Scott
Cooper

Who's the 5th guy?

Isn't it:

Chavis
Caldwell
Cooper
Buddy Wyatt
Tim Skipper

Rumored anyway....

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on January 07, 2018, 03:33:59 pm
Isn't it:

Chavis
Caldwell
Cooper
Buddy Wyatt
Tim Skipper

Rumored anyway....

Well, Wyatt interviewed, but I heard Scott was still in??

opineonswine

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 03:35:12 pm
Well, Wyatt interviewed, but I heard Scott was still in??

Heard other way around.  But just scuttlebutt...you could be right.

stahawg

The HS coach being rumored to join CCM from a TX HS, would his strengths be more offensive or defensive?

JIHawg

Some are quality control coaches, and some are position coaches that count against our ten.  I've seen some listed both ways.  The high school coach from Lake Travis, if he comes, would also have to be fit in.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 03:11:12 pm
RD said the other day not to be surprised to see a high school coach on staff???

*sigh* Mal-a-zahn is NOT coming to UA! :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PonderinHog

Quote from: stahawg on January 07, 2018, 03:36:46 pm
The HS coach being rumored to join CCM from a TX HS, would his strengths be more offensive or defensive?
Well, since they don't play defense way down Texas way...

pigture perfect

Sounds pretty salty on the D side of the ball. We know Offensively it's all about the system.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tim Harris

I don't really know that is ground breaking.  With the dead period almost over they are running out of days to announce the hires.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 02:59:20 pm

I see this a lot and don't know where it's coming from other than the usual hatred for the media.

My memory seems to be he's been right more than not. Definitely right more than most on here.

Kevin

Live recruiting begins this week so I would say Tuesday is the day.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HOGINTENNESSEE

Apparently, he was an option for Morris staff at SMU

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/lake-travis-coach-hank-carter-tells-team-not-going-smu/IGXUtyuVaN3lqAGtilTDYN/

SooieGeneris

Quote from: opineonswine on January 07, 2018, 03:33:59 pm
Isn't it:

Chavis
Caldwell
Cooper
Buddy Wyatt
Tim Skipper

Rumored anyway....

With this staff, either Scott or Wyatt coaching DTs, Caldwell DEs, Chavis LBs, would Cooper have CBs and Skipper Safeties or what role would Skipper have since he has mostly had LBs at his previous stops?

Maybe he would have OLBs with Chavis in charge of MLBs? Special teams has been a question mark also. I read somewhere that Traylor, presumably the RB coach, has expertise in special teams. Is that right?
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Tim Harris

I like that he is getting SEC experience on the defensive side of the ball.  I'm not saying these guys will build an all world defense but they at least know what they will be up against each week.

Cinco de Hogo

Well now that we know who our coaches are going to be can we start stressing over who the 28 analysts are going to be?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 03:11:12 pm

Gus coming back..............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2018, 04:16:47 pm
Gus coming back..............

Probably have to give him 5 or 6 games this next seas before he comes back.....

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 04:54:53 pm
Probably have to give him 5 or 6 games this next seas before he comes back.....
Probably ought to leave a GA position open for him.  It's not like he'll need the money!

Mr. Porkleone

January 07, 2018, 05:19:07 pm #28 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:23:51 pm by Mr. Porkleone
Quote from: stahawg on January 07, 2018, 02:56:14 pm
Early this week per Biddy via twitter!!!

ricepig

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 07, 2018, 05:19:07 pm

So, Trey Schaap and Trey Biddy are the same?? Is that like Porkatarian and Wally Hall being the same??

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: JIHawg on January 07, 2018, 03:18:38 pm
From Top Gun, the captain to Jester:  "He beat you, didn't he?"

But he went below hard deck.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 05:21:08 pm
So, Trey Schaap and Trey Biddy are the same?? Is that like Porkatarian and Wally Hall being the same??

One is bull shrimp, but the other has to be true. Porktarian took too much time oft after that blow up. Seems sort of confessional to me... Sadly, it made me like Wally way more than I used to.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

stahawg

Porkleone: outside of Biddy, who I also consider credible, my source wears a helmet.

Cinco de Hogo

You people making fun of that do know we made Gus say no don't you?  In some circles some people really believed he wanted to come back home and a lot more didn't think it that much of a stretch.  I believe Malzahn will always say it was a very close thing.  Was it only about money or sticking with a team he has a better chance of winner nc with?  Probably, but still it was a decision that he will always say was very tough to make because he knows it was his last chance.  Yes I understand for some that was a relief, maybe your right or maybe he will win five NC's, not likely but who knows. 

Thing is at that time that was as close to insider information as you were likely to get.

PonderinHog

Quote from: stahawg on January 07, 2018, 05:28:44 pm
Porkleone: outside of Biddy, who I also consider credible, my source wears a helmet.
What the hell does Michael Dukakis have to do with this ???

Nashville Fan

January 07, 2018, 05:31:21 pm #35 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:49:58 pm by Nashville Fan
Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 07, 2018, 04:04:47 pm
Apparently, he was an option for Morris staff at SMU

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/lake-travis-coach-hank-carter-tells-team-not-going-smu/IGXUtyuVaN3lqAGtilTDYN/
Coach Carter is highest paid prep coach in Texas. He's won 5 consecutive state championships. Has a higher winning % at the same school as Morris. Undoubtably help with recruiting at a minimum. He's a defensive guy but was coach for Baker Mayfield and a lot really good QBs
Pittman or Bust!

onebadrubi

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 07, 2018, 04:08:15 pm
I like that he is getting SEC experience on the defensive side of the ball.  I'm not saying these guys will build an all world defense but they at least know what they will be up against each week.

I also noticed this assuming the rumors are true.  Guy seems very confident on his side of the ball and then doing some stuff on the other side of the ball that fits common sense us online forum posters always discuss in coaching changes.

gumbohog

Someone asked whether hank cárter would be O or D...definitely O as someone else said. We don't play much D in Texas.

He is the highest paid high school coach but he would make way more than $150k in college.

As for recruits we've recently offered lake Travis : Garrett Wilson 2019 WR and Hudson Card 2020 who played WR this year as a Soph and played championship game at QB (Sr hurt) and will play QB next two years

colbs

Quote from: gumbohog on January 07, 2018, 05:51:51 pm
Someone asked whether hank cárter would be O or D...definitely O as someone else said. We don't play much D in Texas.

He is the highest paid high school coach but he would make way more than $150k in college.

As for recruits we've recently offered lake Travis : Garrett Wilson 2019 WR and Hudson Card 2020 who played WR this year as a Soph and played championship game at QB (Sr hurt) and will play QB next two years
Wonder if he would get an off the field position?  I don't see them having 6 on the offensive side and 4 on defense.  Unless Traylor coaches special teams.

King Kong

Quote from: colbs on January 07, 2018, 06:04:34 pm
Wonder if he would get an off the field position?  I don't see them having 6 on the offensive side and 4 on defense.  Unless Traylor coaches special teams.

Well I guess it's always possible Lunney moves off the field and Carter coaches TE or RBs. Which ever one Traylor doesn't take.

Another Morris guy that does coach defense is Joseph Gillespie of Tulsa. Was the Former HC of Stephenville in TX prior to coaching LB at Tulsa.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/stephenville-texas-head-coach-joseph-gillespie-joins-tulsa-staff/article_831a3ebe-6d54-5c81-acc3-f6ee8bc05ab7.html

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 05:21:08 pm

Have we heard from Pork since the outing?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 07, 2018, 04:08:15 pm

I'm feeling maybe SEC experience on the defensive side could help our non-SEC offensive staff, at times, too.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 07, 2018, 07:30:04 pm
1 post in the past week. Wally is slacking, LOL.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hawgmasta

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 07, 2018, 07:30:04 pm

Does this have legs? I missed this.

jgphillips3

Quote from: hawgmasta on January 07, 2018, 11:17:31 pm
Does this have legs? I missed this.

Nah.  They aren't the same.  It came from a post where they both happened to be going to a church in Maumelle and then going to eat pizza thereafter.  It was a hell of a coincidence though.

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 07, 2018, 03:41:48 pm
*sigh* Mal-a-zahn is NOT coming to UA! :)

But he hasn't said he isn't coming, Okla!
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

stahawg

Biddy now reporting tomorrow on official announcements. Can anyone see the expected listing of names in his article?