Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall really does tell it like it is - things Hogs fans do not want to..

Started by HognotinMemphis, January 07, 2018, 12:16:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on January 09, 2018, 03:15:11 pm
It gets frustrating when current events are instantly compared with events that literally took place two generations ago.  Who really gives a [CENSORED] about the SWC days, unless we want to talk about our success in a plainly inferior conference.  It would be like playing in the Mountain West or AAC today.

What a load of nonsense. It's this kind of crap those of us who know better can't let those who don't know any better believe. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

texhog

It gets frustrating when current events are instantly compared with events that literally took place two generations ago.  Who really gives a [CENSORED] about the SWC days, unless we want to talk about our success in a plainly inferior conference.  It would be like playing in the Mountain West or AAC today.
I don't think the SWC from 60s-80s was at all like the Mountain West or AAC today.  Arkansas and Texas were usually one of the top teams in the country and the SWC champ playing the Cotton bowl was typically highly rated.

hobhog

He strangely told it like it is about Chis Beard today. Weird timing.....

cypert2

You're pretty clueless about college football history.
Swinging on the two and the four.

HognotinMemphis

Ladies and Gentlemen, Michael D Huff, AIA.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.