Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The dust never settled, going back almost two decades now

Started by Rudy Baylor, January 07, 2018, 11:39:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 01:01:51 pm
Have you considered starting a blog with Bolin so y'all can get the answers to all of your questions?

If I blogged with Eric Bolin of that stalwart media entity SEC Country, I'd be required to make fun of Drew Morgan and Dusty Hannahs, which I refuse to do since I love those two former Hogs...and since I'd enjoy punching Eric Bolin's teeth out.

ricepig

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 01:06:55 pm
If I blogged with Eric Bolin of that stalwart media entity SEC Country, I'd be required to make fun of Drew Morgan and Dusty Hannahs, which I refuse to do since I love those two former Hogs...and since I'd enjoy punching Eric Bolin's teeth out.

Oh....nevermind....

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

ricepig

Quote from: HenduHog on January 07, 2018, 01:31:06 pm
Black helicopters and aluminum foil hats.

What about aluminum helicopters and black foil hats....what about that??

Steef

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 07, 2018, 12:49:32 pm
Power players always seem to have some level of influence over a HC'ing search/hire when it is at least to some degree, some of their money that is being spent to fund programs, hire coaches and pay rather large buyouts when something hasn't gone as expected. They at least get input, some probably more than others. I think that it would be rare to find someone who helps fund these things that doesn't at least offer "guidance", whether asked for that guidance or not. I guess it doesn't bother me as much as some of you because I just know that is more the norm than not and that this isn't limited to Arkansas.

Honestly not trying to be argumentative....but (to me) there's a difference between exerting 'influence'.....and hiring someone FOR you.

Ostensibly, it's supposed to be the AD's job to hire coaches. Yes, they have to get approvals for personnel & money, but they are the point man (or woman) for the project.

In each of the cases cited (Nutt, Petrino, Morris) someone OTHER than the AD did the hiring. The AD had absolutely nothing to do with it and in the Nutt case (couldn't resist), the hire was made against the wishes of the AD.

If I'm in that job and someone is basically just doing my job around (or ahead of) me, I go find another job.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Steef on January 07, 2018, 01:45:34 pm

In each of the cases cited (Nutt, Petrino, Morris) someone OTHER than the AD did the hiring. The AD had absolutely nothing to do with it and in the Nutt case (couldn't resist), the hire was made against the wishes of the AD.

and the crickets

thank you again

I am fine with the folks paying the bus fare having much influence on who gets on the bus.  Seems to me those folks have the very same problem many of us have when it comes to owning a mistake.  Every one makes mistakes and those without inflated egos can admit when they made one.  The Arkansas athletic department I would offer has tripled in size over the past 30 years and overall has done the worst job of the past 90 years, in my opinion. 

GuvHog

Quote from: pigbacon on January 07, 2018, 12:53:43 pm
I would suspect that maybe ousting Danny Ford and firing Nolan were the last of Broyles reigns. Broyles was more of a figure head to pull $$$ to the UA athletics dept. in the 90’s.

It has been mentioned here on HV and elsewhere before that Heath was a product of John White, that Broyles had Bill Self lined up after Nolan.

Ever since, the methods and inner workings of Scientology is less mysterious than the workings of the PTB at UA athletics.

The biggest and most frustrating question in a nutshell, is who is responsible for allowing clowns like JL and CBB to come in, spend, and walk away with hard earned money that fans of and citizens from a small, blue collared state like Arkansas have coughed up to witness such nonsense.

I think Jimmy Hoffa will surface before such is ever answered.

Who and what does John White know to allow him to even remain being employed at a public institution in the state of Arkansas, much less the U of A?

Frank had nothing to do with firing Nolan either. That was all John White. White took control of the men's basketball program away from Frank several years before Nolan was fired.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Tusker4life

http://zapatopi.net/afdb
For those needing a deflector beanie.

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 01:42:35 pm
What about aluminum helicopters and black foil hats....what about that??
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...