Started by BrokerHawg, January 06, 2018, 01:29:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokerHawg

Every DC mentioned on this board and
other media sources season is OVER!!!

Why the delay in a hire?

Waiting on the spin.......

SooieGeneris

No spin here. I don't know why the delay, my guess is so the entire staff can be introduced at once and it may not be complete yet.

The dead period doesn't end until the 12th, as long as it's done before then it isn't going to make a lot of difference. Still lots of time before the first week of Feb. for any undecided players on our radar to visit or decide.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

King Kong

What? Dude it's Chavis. Why delay the official announcement?

To make you stress about nothing... and it appears to be working

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BrokerHawg on January 06, 2018, 01:29:21 pm

Why the delay in a hire?

Spin..? I'm waiting for your conspiracy theory... You first.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

OK just thought about this... Maybe people can't recruit against a DC they don't know, and CCM is winning the "They don't have a DC" argument.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Belichick still has a few games left

colbs

Waiting to announce the whole staff.  Still have to hire 1 more coach.

rtr

I don't have a problem with Coach Morris taking his time.  This is the single most important hire he will make.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

LRRandy

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 06, 2018, 01:44:40 pm
you know this is it. He has nothing left to prove in the NFL. The road is getting rocky in NE. He can come to Arkansas and dethrone Saban as a DC without the stress and responsibility of being the head coach.
This is fun, isn't it.

trphog

Because "left lane and hammer down" really means right lane and drive like Grandpa??!! It'll all work out. Just be patient. Good things are coming for the Hogs!

Hopeful Hog

I have a theory about this. If you want to make a statement and stand out, announcing it now wouldn't do you any good because there is some pretty significant football being played from now until Monday both in the NFL and in college. So if we announced it now or within the next few days it would just be white noise and fade away but if we wait until this week at some point we will be the only news therefore making a bigger statement and impact on recruits.

opineonswine

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 06, 2018, 02:36:37 pm
I have a theory about this. If you want to make a statement and stand out, announcing it now wouldn't do you any good because there is some pretty significant football being played from now until Monday both in the NFL and in college. So if we announced it now or within the next few days it would just be white noise and fade away but if we wait until this week at some point we will be the only news therefore making a bigger statement and impact on recruits.

Good theory.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 06, 2018, 02:36:37 pm
Have it break during the game Monday night. Have it scrolling on the ticker at the bottom of the screen while the nation watches. And then is talked about during halftime instead of the game because Bama is rolling.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 06, 2018, 02:40:23 pm
Have it break during the game Monday night. Have it scrolling on the ticker at the bottom of the screen while the nation watches. And then is talked about during halftime instead of the game because Bama is rolling.

No one's going to talk about Arkansas during the national championship game or at halftime. Even if Bama or Georgia is rolling we will be the last thing anyone ever talks about no matter who we hire.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 06, 2018, 02:44:23 pm
No one's going to talk about Arkansas during the national championship game or at halftime. Even if Bama or Georgia is rolling we will be the last thing anyone ever talks about no matter who we hire.
Meet me at the Alma Sonic rn. Fight me irl  >:(

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 06, 2018, 02:46:22 pm
Meet me at the Alma Sonic rn. Fight me irl  >:(

lol sorry bro but you know it's true. They'll be talking about it's in the national championship game soon enough cuz we'll be playing in it but as of right now we're the last thing on anyone's mind.

The_Bionic_Pig

Agree....the surprise value is gone.  Announcing every hire at the same time at a press conference isn't effective with it being common knowledge 24-48hrs prior via the Internet.

I'm just hopeful for well known Recruiting dynamos to fill the final spots.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: LRRandy on January 06, 2018, 02:24:06 pm
you know this is it. He has nothing left to prove in the NFL. The road is getting rocky in NE. He can come to Arkansas and dethrone Saban as a DC without the stress and responsibility of being the head coach.
Dethrone Saban? I was under the impression that Saban was coming here as an analyst

247Hog

The ONLY way Arkansas is talked about during the game is if BV came to Arkansas. No i don't think he is and stating that it would be talked about if it happened.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Ironhawg

Quote from: LRRandy on January 06, 2018, 02:24:06 pm

Plus he probably talked to Ryan Mallett and found out how good a place Fayetteville is.

King Kong

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 06, 2018, 03:44:14 pm
Plus he probably talked to Ryan Mallett and found out how good a place Fayetteville is.

Or any of the other 5 Arkansas players he has signed or drafted in the past 4 seasons

shshark00

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 06, 2018, 01:34:52 pm

The dead period doesn't end until the 12th, as long as it's done before then it isn't going to make a lot of difference. Still lots of time before the first week of Feb. for any undecided players on our radar to visit or decide.

So tired of seeing this. It DOES make a difference. The "dead period" only refers to face to face contact. You can call, text, face time, email, tweet, Facebook message, etc. ANY recruit and their parents as much as you want, every day of the week. Not having a staff in place and working the phones every day we can is only putting us further behind in this year's recruiting, and setting us back on developing relationships with 2019 and beyond classes.

ricepig

Quote from: shshark00 on January 06, 2018, 04:07:00 pm
So tired of seeing this. It DOES make a difference. The "dead period" only refers to face to face contact. You can call, text, face time, email, tweet, Facebook message, etc. ANY recruit and their parents as much as you want, every day of the week. Not having a staff in place and working the phones every day we can is only putting us further behind in this year's recruiting, and setting us back on developing relationships with 2019 and beyond classes.

Truthfully, there can be ones hired that we are not aware of that are doing that. I have no idea if they are, or aren't.

MuskogeeHogFan

Why the delay in a hire?

Geez, you guys need to just go have dinner and a drink and wait this thing out. If it were a simple process the announcement would have already been made and some of you would be crying from the roof tops as to how good or bad it was. There is a reason that the announcement hasn't been made and none of us know the reason. Just wait it out and try to remain calm. Good grief.
Go Hogs Go!

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 06, 2018, 01:44:40 pm

The only place that Bellichick is going if he leaves New England is the NY Giants as coach.  He loves New England but loves the Giants more.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

sowmonella

Why the delay in a hire?

Just to pizz you off.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: sowmonella on January 06, 2018, 04:59:32 pm
Just to pizz you off.

Wasn't that what you said about Long giving Bielema his new contract?  I guess that's as good a reaso as any to explain 30 years of bad decisions by TPTB.