Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things looking up with Gunnell

Started by ThisGuy, January 04, 2018, 02:16:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 05, 2018, 09:48:15 am
Sure, I think Arkansas has a great chance of getting him. But we've been though this in to many sports. Years ago I thought Monk was coming here until he picked KY.
im always "ill believe it when i see it", but im also one that knows we had a chance an a lot of the big names we missed on. wee've been 2nd or 3rd a lot. some here think it impossible to get a big name out of stater.

I think with this new staff we will destroys some of those myths. They'll pull a top 15 class within 2 years.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ifghog

You can't help but like what was said in that article. Could be a huge get and boost for '19 recruiting!

forrest city joe

He still committed to Texas A&M. i keep hearing he's looking at other schools. but so far he has not de-committed  from A&M. until he does that,i am not getting my hope up.

forrest city joe

Not buying it. He still committed to Texas A&M. i keep hearing he's looking at other schools. but so far he has not de-committed  from A&M. until he does that,i am not getting my hopes up. hope he will be a Hog. but i see nothing so far to make me think he will be.

Adam Stokes

It's refreshing to hear recruits talk like this out in the air. You rarely ever get to hear what is really going through a recruits mind, and thus we never really know what is going to go down. I understand why so much is kept close to vest as to not burn bridges, but I enjoy the additional insight.

AugustaHog

I would think that getting him would go a long ways to locking down our two in-state studs (Henry and Burks) and would get a harder look from guys like Wease, etc. that could be huge splashes.  Everybody wants to play with the big-time QB and Gunnell most definitely qualifies as that.  And he's from a recruiting hotbed area with a lot of really good players as well.  He could be the catalyst if he jumps on board and has a Connor Noland attitude about helping recruit the next class.  There is still a ton of work to do as far as getting him and the others.  Does anyone have a vibe on where Henry and Burks are at in their recruiting?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 05, 2018, 10:42:37 am
Not buying it. He still committed to Texas A&M. i keep hearing he's looking at other schools. but so far he has not de-committed  from A&M. until he does that,i am not getting my hopes up. hope he will be a Hog. but i see nothing so far to make me think he will be.
dude, none of the coaches he committed to are even there anymore. A&M wont be the winner of the Gunnell sweepstakes.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

forrest city joe

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 05, 2018, 11:05:34 am
dude, none of the coaches he committed to are even there anymore. A&M wont be the winner of the Gunnell sweepstakes.
I hope you are right.this would be unreal if he came to Arkansas. i would love it. but the question still remains.why has he not D-committed from A&M?if and when he does that,i will start getting my hopes up.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on January 04, 2018, 02:47:25 pm
LSU peeps seem to think he is all their's if he decommits.

Yeah, but .... consider the source

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 05, 2018, 11:26:51 am
I hope you are right.this would be unreal if he came to Arkansas. i would love it. but the question still remains.why has he not D-committed from A&M?if and when he does that,i will start getting my hopes up.
i think that it will happen soon. I think he just doesnt want to decommit until he rules out Aggy.
@Slackaveli

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 05, 2018, 10:59:37 am
I would think that getting him would go a long ways to locking down our two in-state studs (Henry and Burks) and would get a harder look from guys like Wease, etc. that could be huge splashes.  Everybody wants to play with the big-time QB and Gunnell most definitely qualifies as that.  And he's from a recruiting hotbed area with a lot of really good players as well.  He could be the catalyst if he jumps on board and has a Connor Noland attitude about helping recruit the next class.  There is still a ton of work to do as far as getting him and the others.  Does anyone have a vibe on where Henry and Burks are at in their recruiting?

I dont expect Burks or Henry to be easy gets. We need to show some improvements winning and offensively to get them. Have heard Burks is interested in 3 schools. Arkansas, LSU, and clemson.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 04, 2018, 06:59:54 pm
arkansas is the leader, i dont care what anyone says.
Well Now you just ruined it... ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

247Hog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 05, 2018, 09:05:18 pm
Well Now you just ruined it... ;)

That was funny the first 78 times...not so much now.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

PlanoHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 05, 2018, 04:34:25 pm
I dont expect Burks or Henry to be easy gets. We need to show some improvements winning and offensively to get them. Have heard Burks is interested in 3 schools. Arkansas, LSU, and clemson.

As I've mentioned before, I believe Hogs will have to beat out Stanford for Henry. Their coaches feel very good about things based on conversations. I think he really wants to make his own path out from under his Hunter's Shadow. I also think Brian Williams is headed there as of today.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 247Hog on January 05, 2018, 09:20:29 pm

You darning me.!? It'll be funny forever. That dude can handle himself. You might want to get the "Eye" emoji if you think that is harsh...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: 247Hog on January 05, 2018, 09:20:29 pm

You haven't been here long enough

sowmonella

Quote from: PlanoHog on January 05, 2018, 09:21:35 pm
As I've mentioned before, I believe Hogs will have to beat out Stanford for Henry. Their coaches feel very good about things based on conversations. I think he really wants to make his own path out from under his Hunter's Shadow. I also think Brian Williams is headed there as of today.

Nope.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003