Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (4-1, 0-0 SEC) vs UCONN (4-1, 0-0 AAC)

Started by hawgball40, November 26, 2017, 01:56:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgrunner

Rawker

Here we go.  Refs found out they weren't trending, so they decided to do the reffing equivalence of posting food on Facebook.

TNhawgfan

Hate that we lost our 20 point lead, but still good half hogs
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Kenny Dowell Loggains

14 pt lead going into half against a big time program (although this isn't the same UCONN)... I'll take it!

Rawker

Quote from: hawgrunner on November 26, 2017, 03:35:47 pm
I wish someone would shut his *&^%$#$ mouth!!

As much as I agree...his "4 straight Threes" has a point.  :|

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

pigroots

Gotta play a whole half! Let them climb back the last 4 minutes. Need a good start to the 2nd half to break their will

Kenny Dowell Loggains

alohawg

Quote from: Rawker on November 26, 2017, 03:35:51 pm
Here we go.  Refs found out they weren't trending, so they decided to do the reffing equivalence of posting food on Facebook.

It was so obvious when the refs decided Uconn warranted the carolina treatment.....to close the gap before half and screw us for the 2nd, SMDH. Those calls against Gafford were ridiculous.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Willyboy

Quote from: pigroots on November 26, 2017, 03:37:52 pm
Gotta play a whole half! Let them climb back the last 4 minutes. Need a good start to the 2nd half to break their will

I don't think a 14 point deficit is them back in the game.  We're still well in control.  Gotta keep this up. 

bigred223

Quote from: alohawg on November 26, 2017, 03:38:57 pm
It was so obvious when the refs decided Uconn warranted the carolina treatment.....to close the gap before half and screw us for the 2nd, SMDH. Those calls against Gafford were ridiculous.

Yeah the calls against Gafford were bad.

JONAS

Quote from: Willyboy on November 26, 2017, 03:39:53 pm
I don't think a 14 point deficit is them back in the game.  We're still well in control.  Gotta keep this up. 

Yeah, but I hate that we let them back in it.

hawgball40

Quote from: bigred223 on November 26, 2017, 03:41:38 pm
Yeah the calls against Gafford were bad.
the first call was. the second call gafford leaned into the offensive player because he was beat. second foul in that sequence was a good call.

HamIAm

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 03:28:20 pm
https://the-boneyard.com/threads/the-official-boar-slaughtering-game-thread.120125/page-8

uconn fans want to fire their coach. say we're mediocre. lol

Looking over their board and found this

QuoteA team full of leperchauns can rebound better than us

apcapri

Rawker

Keys to second half:
1) Macon doesn't have to take over, but he has to hit some of his shots and get out of the shooting funk.
2) UConn started trying to inspire themselves toward the end of 1st with some frenetic, freewheeling play, which was working, making us foul.  We have to weather that and keep up the Hawgball pace, keep the lead, and UConn will eventually tire of trying to bring that extra energy.
3) Beard HAS to look for other players.  ANY other Hog.  Take shots when you're wide open, otherwise look to distribute.  I will count how many possessions go South on this point.
4) Gafford has to make the most of his time on the court. 

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BrooklynRoss

I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Rawker

Quote from: Rawker on November 26, 2017, 03:50:00 pm
Keys to second half:
1) Macon doesn't have to take over, but he has to hit some of his shots and get out of the shooting funk.
2) UConn started trying to inspire themselves toward the end of 1st with some frenetic, freewheeling play, which was working, making us foul.  We have to weather that and keep up the Hawgball pace, keep the lead, and UConn will eventually tire of trying to bring that extra energy.
3) Beard HAS to look for other players.  ANY other Hog.  Take shots when you're wide open, otherwise look to distribute.  I will count how many possessions go South on this point.

On point #3 - That's 1 in ONE possession.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hawgball40

Quote from: alohawg on November 26, 2017, 03:53:33 pm
There's Beard, doing what I have no idea.
he's a dog who occassionally has great games, but more often than not he is a frustrating player who makes too many mistakes and drives into traffic only to get stuffed.

HardingHog

TNhawgfan

hawgball40

anyone know why osabouhien isn't playing? i figured he'd get atleast 3 or 4 minutes a game. where's he been?

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Letsroll1200

Hawgphish

TNhawgfan

I would say beard plays like a freshman, but he was better as a freshman

Bogghawg

Beard would be just fine if he didn't think he was Barford or Macon. 
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

alohawg

Without Barford this 2nd half would be all Uconn. Beard needs to sit semi-permanently.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

lookawayquick

Hogs not playing solid D.  Seem a little flat to start the 2nd half.  Macon needs to bring the offensive energy.

Rawker

Quote from: Rawker on November 26, 2017, 03:50:00 pm
Keys to second half:

Now we're at 2 in 6-7 possessions on point #3.  And Beard is on the floor more than any other player this season.

Bogghawg

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 26, 2017, 03:58:34 pm
Trying to think which is worse.........Bill or Dickie V ?     Both are like visiting the dentist, royal pain.
I know they're both color guys, but my idea of hell would be a game being called by Walton and Vitale.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Rbill

Quote from: alohawg on November 26, 2017, 03:59:49 pm
Without Barford this 2nd half would be all Uconn. Beard needs to sit semi-permanently.
Give his minutes to CJ for now. If he thinks he's a scorer it might as well be CJ shooting.

hawgball40

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 26, 2017, 03:58:34 pm
Trying to think which is worse.........Bill or Dickie V ?     Both are like visiting the dentist, royal pain.
I'm sorry again about the other day man. I was being an a**hole. sorry about that. I was just mad that we were getting beat by unc.

Letsroll1200

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 26, 2017, 03:58:54 pm
Beard looks to score too often.
Quote from: Bogghawg on November 26, 2017, 03:59:37 pm
Quote from: alohawg on November 26, 2017, 03:59:49 pm

Beard needs to be locked to the bench for an extended time.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BrooklynRoss

Good luck to everyone who has to guard Jalen Barford this year. Yeesh.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Bogghawg on November 26, 2017, 03:59:37 pm

This! Don't compete with them for shots.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on November 26, 2017, 04:01:28 pm
Good luck to everyone who has to guard Jalen Barford this year. Yeesh.
good luck to anyone trying to spell his name right this year
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Rawker

There you go AB, we need more fouls....I think you should do it.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Bogghawg on November 26, 2017, 04:00:32 pm
I know they're both color guys, but my idea of hell would be a game being called by Walton and Vitale.

I asked my wife and she said they'd wander out of the gym and end up at McDonalds drinking small black coffee's.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

RaisinHog

Beard isn't that bad he played good against UNC he just does dumb stuff