Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Refs

Started by jbigs77, November 24, 2017, 06:46:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbigs77

I made a post on here yesterday, stating that I was concerned about the officiating for this game, just like the last time we played NC. I was right. (My post got removed). The officiating was in favor of NC as usual. We had to sit players, when we needed them. This game had been decided before it even started. Maybe would have lost anyway, due to poor outside shooting. But would have been closer.

PORKULATOR

I agree. They hacked and bodied as much as we did but it wasn't called. Most teams we play of caliber shoot more free throws than we do...  it's a given
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

AlmaHog2011

The Gafford calls were total BS. Really had an affect on how we played today. Funny when we got it down to 7 they made damn sure and call a bailout when the PG went into the lane out of control?? Mike did all he could but those refs were all blue.

returntoglory

I don't think the refs were great by any stretch of the imagination, but we looked energyless for most of the game. We didn't play our best game by far. Several times our players were standing around playing iso ball. This was the worst that we have looked on offense. Even when they were turning the ball over at the beginning of the game, it didn't seem to be because of our intensity as much as it seemed like they were being sloppy.

Also, the ref complaints get tiring. Today wasn't well officiated, but yesterday was pretty even (in my opinion). When I get on here and see complaints about the refs every single game, it doesn't hold a lot of water when the refs are actually bad.

Nolan's Boots

They drove drown the street to officiate the Texas Duke game. Shaka Smart needs the NCAA to look into this. Blatant BS in the second half of that game.
Pigs Gon Fly Today Brotha

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: returntoglory on November 24, 2017, 07:04:18 pm
I don't think the refs were great by any stretch of the imagination, but we looked energyless for most of the game. We didn't play our best game by far. Several times our players were standing around playing iso ball. This was the worst that we have looked on offense. Even when they were turning the ball over at the beginning of the game, it didn't seem to be because of our intensity as much as it seemed like they were being sloppy.

Also, the ref complaints get tiring. Today wasn't well officiated, but yesterday was pretty even (in my opinion). When I get on here and see complaints about the refs every single game, it doesn't hold a lot of water when the refs are actually bad.

Agree we looked dead legged. But if you want to argue the calls on Gafford then I don't know what to tell you. NC was bangin and playing physical Gafford gets two calls that were total BS. Sorry you don't like it but officiating is huge and we didn't get any calls down the stretch. It's just the truth.

Danny J

My main concern as stated last night was early foul trouble for Gafford and that killed us. As soon as he arrived off the bench in the second half we immediately started closing the gap.

rude1

At some point you have to do as Nolan did with the officials, rather than complain, Nolan glared at the officials as only Nolan could do, then proclaimed loudly "we are going to beat all yall", still one of my favorite Nolan moments.

Biggin1911

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2017, 07:32:25 pm
At some point you have to do as Nolan did with the officials, rather than complain, Nolan glared at the officials as only Nolan could do, then proclaimed loudly "we are going to beat all yall", still one of my favorite Nolan moments.
why don't we just throw the ball at the ref as hard as you can and say you were trying to pass it
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Biggin1911

How do you beat a top 5 time when you shot only 37% from the field.  Wasn't a fan of some of the calls, but the refs can't make you shot 37%

jbigs77

I have said it here many times. Its not just basketball but football too. Ive watched this for 50 years. It always comes down to the Hogs getting screwed. Who can stop it? Even with replay sometimes it still happens.

STLhawg

Quote from: Biggin1911 on November 24, 2017, 07:42:21 pm
How do you beat a top 5 time when you shot only 37% from the field.  Wasn't a fan of some of the calls, but the refs can't make you shot 37%
With as many BS offensive fouls as they called against us -- yes they certainly can play a part in that!

AugustaHog

They weren't very good, but DG and Trey have to be smarter with their fouls. 

FATHAWG08

The 5 second call on Beard when the man guarding him was 5 feet from him and not applying pressure was a head scratcher
I love off season Football!!

old_school_hawg

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on November 24, 2017, 10:32:24 pm
The 5 second call on Beard when the man guarding him was 5 feet from him and not applying pressure was a head scratcher

Gotta do something with the ball besides stand there and dribble. The rule is five feet to be closely guarded. 5 seconds before the dribble...5 seconds while dribbling...5 seconds after the dribble. That call infuriated me not because the red called it, but because we allowed it to be called. We were gassed at that point.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: old_school_hawg on November 24, 2017, 10:45:39 pm
Gotta do something with the ball besides stand there and dribble. The rule is five feet to be closely guarded. 5 seconds before the dribble...5 seconds while dribbling...5 seconds after the dribble. That call infuriated me not because the red called it, but because we allowed it to be called. We were gassed at that point.
if you got infuriated at the players for that call then you are something else.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

niels_boar

A big blown call was when Hall slapped the ball away from Berry towards the end of the first half.  We were only down by 4, and it looked like we were about to survive Barford and Gafford being in foul trouble without losing contact.  Watch the replay. Hall got all ball, and it went off Berry's knee.  That's our ball down by 4.  Instead, they get 2 FTs, extend the lead to 6, and then go on a run to close the half.  We never recovered.  Berry got another freebie when we closed to 6 in the closing minutes, followed immediately by a questionable illegal screen.  Ball game.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

hogsanity

Are we going to do this after every loss this year? For some of you the Hogs have not actually lost a game in 50 years, the refs stole them all. Some of you tried to blame the blow out at OSu last year on the refs.

NC is just a better team. Their best players have a ton of experience. The Hogs are solid at guard but still really young on the inside, and while NC had a cake walk yesterday the Hogs had to play 40 tough minutes and they just looked tired today. They are still off to a solid start.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2017, 11:06:51 pm
Are we going to do this after every loss this year? For some of you the Hogs have not actually lost a game in 50 years, the refs stole them all. Some of you tried to blame the blow out at OSu last year on the refs.

NC is just a better team. Their best players have a ton of experience. The Hogs are solid at guard but still really young on the inside, and while NC had a cake walk yesterday the Hogs had to play 40 tough minutes and they just looked tired today. They are still off to a solid start.
so you are going to ignore the fact that they made some "horrible" calls everytime we made a run

hogsanity

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2017, 11:27:41 pm
so you are going to ignore the fact that they made some "horrible" calls everytime we made a run

according, amazingly, to some fans of the team that LOST. Those fans always complain about the refs. According to YOU those were bad calls.

Are you going to ignore the FACT that the Hogs shot 37% against a top 10 team? Not going to win games against a team that good shooting like that.

It is just a broken record here, hogs lose and we have a blame the refs thread.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2017, 11:06:51 pm
Are we going to do this after every loss this year? For some of you the Hogs have not actually lost a game in 50 years, the refs stole them all.

How many thousand times are you going to make this same post?

hogsanity

Quote from: Randohoggie on November 24, 2017, 11:36:21 pm
How many thousand times are you going to make this same post?

Hmm, how would a "new" poster know if I had made that post before?

I will make it as many times as someone else makes posts that the refs were to blame in any loss of 8 points or more.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2017, 11:46:22 pm
Hmm, how would a "new" poster know if I had made that post before?

I will make it as many times as someone else makes posts that the refs were to blame in any loss of 8 points or more.

Not new, just don't post much.  You are a broken record who refuses to acknowledge bad refs when it is obvious.

hogsanity

Quote from: Randohoggie on November 24, 2017, 11:50:14 pm
Not new, just don't post much.  You are a broken record who refuses to acknowledge bad refs when it is obvious.

You joined in Sept, but I agree you are not new, you just have a new account after getting banned as someone else.

Randohoggie

Never banned.  Regardless, what does it have to do with the fact that you are an unoriginal, copy and paste poster?

ShadowHawg

Look who shows up after a loss.

hogsanity

Quote from: Randohoggie on November 24, 2017, 11:58:36 pm
Never banned.  Regardless, what does it have to do with the fact that you are an unoriginal, copy and paste poster?

No more so than the " the refs cost us this one " posters who have posted that after every loss for at least the last 6 seasons.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2017, 12:01:39 am
No more so than the " the refs cost us this one " posters who have posted that after every loss for at least the last 6 seasons.
it tends to only happen when we are playing UNC for some reason 🙃

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2017, 12:01:39 am

I see very little of that.  I see way more people acknowledging that we lost, discussing the reasons, but pointing out that the refs were horrible.  It can be both, you know.  With less of a simple mind, you could probably comprehend that.

The facts are this ... Macon got hurt, we had foul trouble, we didn't shoot very well, NC is a good team with some very good players, Mayes went off AND the refs were awful.

You, however, have nothing but your copy and paste "we haven't lost a game in 50 years" nonsense.  It's lazy.  You're a bad poster.

Biggin1911

Quote from: STLhawg on November 24, 2017, 09:37:48 pm
With as many BS offensive fouls as they called against us -- yes they certainly can play a part in that!

I'm sorry, I must be new to basketball.  Offensive fouls go against your shooting percentage.  That make since.  I watched about 10 mins of the game and the hogs were throwing up trash for shots.  I had high hopes this year.  Must be another rebuilding year. 

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2017, 11:32:42 pm
according, amazingly, to some fans of the team that LOST. Those fans always complain about the refs. According to YOU those were bad calls.

Are you going to ignore the FACT that the Hogs shot 37% against a top 10 team? Not going to win games against a team that good shooting like that.

They are not mutually exclusive.

The hogs played poorly against a better team AND the refs sucked. Not too difficult to see.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on November 25, 2017, 06:48:36 am
They are not mutually exclusive.

The hogs played poorly against a better team AND the refs sucked. Not too difficult to see.

Refs are far from perfect, example when Macon got hurt he was untouched, the ball was untouched but the ref gave the ball to the Hogs.... Refs cannot be perfect.
SEC!

deserthog

Quote from: Hampagne Life on November 24, 2017, 07:07:01 pm
They drove drown the street to officiate the Texas Duke game. Shaka Smart needs the NCAA to look into this. Blatant BS in the second half of that game.

Joined the Duke-Texas game and Texas was up by ten. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the fouls on each team. Texas 8, Duke 1. Was not surprised at all. Also wasn't surprised that Duke won.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Danny J on November 24, 2017, 07:31:46 pm
My main concern as stated last night was early foul trouble for Gafford and that killed us. As soon as he arrived off the bench in the second half we immediately started closing the gap.
His instincts when it comes to protecting the basket, contesting and then rebounding are unreal. North Carolina knew that so they intentionally jumped straight into his body on some of those plays, threw up a wild shot and the refs bailed them out. The whole time Gafford was going straight up. In the NBA they don't get that call. Well, let me take that back. It depends on who you are.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

niels_boar

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2017, 11:32:42 pm

According to hogstats.com, in the last 16 seasons Arkansas has had 3 games with 9 or less free throws and 19 plus fouls. Two of those games came against UNC in the last 8 months. In those two games FTAs have been 46 for UNC to 16 for Arkansas.  It's ludicrous to believe that the refs did not impact either game in favor of UNC.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

azhog10

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on November 24, 2017, 10:32:24 pm
Thought they did away with the 5 second closely guarded rule......

wlbrown9

The five second closely guarded rule changed "The count applies to a player who is only holding the ball. Prior to the 2015-16 season,[3] the rule included those dribbling the ball as well." Also said have to be within 6 feet.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wlbrown9 on November 26, 2017, 05:50:46 pm
The five second closely guarded rule changed "The count applies to a player who is only holding the ball. Prior to the 2015-16 season,[3] the rule included those dribbling the ball as well." Also said have to be within 6 feet.
Yep, thing is he wasn't even closely guarding him. The whole thing was total BS. Everybody was wondering what the hell happened :-\. I chalk that up as a program/North Carolina call.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"