Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 05:24:38 am

Vandy

Started by RealHog, November 22, 2017, 02:51:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RealHog

November 22, 2017, 02:51:47 pm Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:03:51 pm by RealHog
They are a Nike school but now have the #7 and #10 2018 players for 2018 out of nowhere. That's ... unusual.

navyhog24

They've joined the big leagues$$$$

JayHog

I know that one of them was a local kid that just decided to stay home

niels_boar

Haven't there been some sidelong glances at what Scott Drew does at Baylor?
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

hogwood

Quote from: niels_boar on November 22, 2017, 06:06:36 pm

That's what I thought too.

RealHog

Quote from: niels_boar on November 22, 2017, 06:06:36 pm

Yup, and the other coaches hate the cheating paired with the private School God window dressing. We already the admin will cover up whatever it needs if it means sport wins, including covering up real crimes.

NWAHog479

Vandy is very lucky that they are located in a town like Nashville, this is an excellent tool for recruiting, easily the biggest town in the SEC.

The_Iceman

And could land another one:

LRrazorback

Reading an article on ESPN about the upcoming Mcd's game and Vanderbilt university has two players. What's going on there?  Any insight into their recruiting tactics?  I would attach the article but I'm technologically inept.

Piglet

I read an article about this.  The Vanderbilt coach has two top 15 players committed and is working on a third.  If he gets the third he will beat anything Calipari and Coach K have done in recruiting.  It could be the top recruiting class in the nation.  I'm not sure how he is doing this, but he is a young coach that must be a heck of a recruiter.  Of course they are not signed yet.  As we know with Reggie Perry, things happen to sway one-and-done players' commitments.
Treasure your ignorance.  Once it is lost you can never get it back.

carolinahogger

Quote from: Piglet on January 16, 2018, 04:15:30 pm
I read an article about this.  The Vanderbilt coach has two top 15 players committed and is working on a third.  If he gets the third he will beat anything Calipari and Coach K have done in recruiting.

Duke signed the #2, #5, and #7 players (Rivals) in the 2017 class:  Bagley, Duval, and Carter.  And #18 for good measure: Trent Jr. 

In 2016 they signed four of the top 12, #2, #3, #11, and #12.

2018 class:  #1, #2, #8.  Signed.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: navyhog24 on November 22, 2017, 03:06:48 pm
They've joined the big leagues$$$$
well I went to school there and I highly doubt the school or boosters are "investing" in recruits.  Now what the shoe companies do is their business.  Kinda like Ben Howland and MSU.  The $$$ to get those guy like Reggie Perry came from adiddas not the school.  Vandy just doesnt operate that way.   In basketball, you can get 1 or 2 guys who are thinking down the line and what a Vanderbilt degree might do for them and they will come, plus Nashville as a city is blowing up.   

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: JayHog on November 22, 2017, 05:07:19 pm
I know that one of them was a local kid that just decided to stay home
this is true.

SSFrazorback

Quote from: carolinahogger on January 17, 2018, 09:15:11 am
Duke signed the #2, #5, and #7 players (Rivals) in the 2017 class:  Bagley, Duval, and Carter.  And #18 for good measure: Trent Jr. 

In 2016 they signed four of the top 12, #2, #3, #11, and #12.

Wow. Practically impossible to complete with that.

carolinahogger

Quote from: carolinahogger on January 17, 2018, 09:15:11 am

And since I posted this Duke got a 'hard commit' from the #3 player, Zion Williamson.

SouthTulsaHog

I guess the one thing Vandy can always fall back to is that their education/school is second to none. That can help pull in recruits. Kind of like Stanford in football.

But still it is quite interesting because when you are recruiting top 15 type players, those are the players that are typically 1 and done and not too concerned with classes.

Needless to say, I'm sure Coach Drew is happy to have those recruits on the horizon, because they have severely underachieved this year. I don't think they were projected to be top 4 in the league or anything, but still. Not saying his seat  would be warm or anything, but they are looking like a 20 loss team at the moment

jbcarol

Evan Daniels
‏Verified account @EvanDaniels
17h17 hours ago

Vanderbilt signee Simi Shittu had surgery today to repair a torn ACL in his right knee, per a source. The surgery was successful & he is expected to be back by November. | Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Simisola-Shittu-86023 ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net