Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn's Offensive Philosophy

Started by The_Iceman, November 16, 2017, 11:15:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Want to have a serious discussion about this. Is his philosophy set or is it fluid?

Seems like he used to be known for passing the ball, but at Auburn he has been run heavy. Just wondering if he comes to Arkansas, he may change and lean back towards the pass.

Any thoughts?

Hawginj

Since he got to college when has he been known to pass? Arkansas oc run heavy. Tulsa a little more balanced. Auburn run heavy. A STATE RUN heavy. In any game that Auburn has had since Gus took over if they had to solely rely on the paas they were in trouble, example the multiple ovetime game Arkansas win a few years ago does anyone server what Suburbs passing game looked like I do . Yea they had receivers open all over the field but quarterback couldn't hit them and if he did receivers couldn't catch it.

davehog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 16, 2017, 11:29:41 am
The best coaches adapt to what best suits their roster. I believe he'll continue to use the run (with lots of motion) to set up the pass overall, though.

This is what I think separates Gus from other coaches.  He has a base style of offense but it changes based on personnel.  I've watched his offenses since he left Arkansas and while they are somewhat similar they've been unique from year to year.

Think about the Auburn - QB Marshall NC team and compare to this year's Auburn team.  Totally different. 

This is one of the reasons that I think Gus could go a great job here.  Due to recruiting limitations (who we can actually get year over year) the offensive system, out of necessity, will have to change year over year and we need a coach that can very effectively do just that.

Schools with "selective" recruiting don't have to do this as they recruit players that fit that particular system.  We don't have that luxury at Arkansas. 

Look at this year's team - we've got playmakers at TE but didn't quite get them in the game plan enough.  It took several games for Hammonds to get in the game plan although he was injured very early on. 

I think Gus's offense would get the ball in the hands of the TEs, TJ and Jordan Jones as much as possible.   

Hawginj

Quote from: davehog on November 16, 2017, 11:38:44 am
This is what I think separates Gus from other coaches.  He has a base style of offense but it changes based on personnel.  I've watched his offenses since he left Arkansas and while they are somewhat similar they've been unique from year to year.

Think about the Auburn - QB Marshall NC team and compare to this year's Auburn team.  Totally different. 

This is one of the reasons that I think Gus could go a great job here.  Due to recruiting limitations (who we can actually get year over year) the offensive system, out of necessity, will have to change year over year and we need a coach that can very effectively do just that.

Schools with "selective" recruiting don't have to do this as they recruit players that fit that particular system.  We don't have that luxury at Arkansas. 

Look at this year's team - we've got playmakers at TE but didn't quite get them in the game plan enough.  It took several games for Hammonds to get in the game plan although he was injured very early on. 

I think Gus's offense would get the ball in the hands of the TEs, TJ and Jordan Jones as much as possible.
Nothing about his philosophy suggests any of this his teams have been pass only when nessary.

fademe

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 16, 2017, 11:15:45 am
Want to have a serious discussion about this. Is his philosophy set or is it fluid?

Seems like he used to be known for passing the ball, but at Auburn he has been run heavy. Just wondering if he comes to Arkansas, he may change and lean back towards the pass.

Any thoughts?

To my knowledge, he's never been pass heavy. I think he'd like to be balanced, but I wouldn't say he's pass heavy. His time at Tulsa and the passing yards they put up would be the closest to pass heavy he's ever been. And even then, he had an almost exact 50/50 split of run to pass in 2007 and was about 60/40 run to pass in 2008.

As far as his philosophy, I believe he wants to run the ball to set up play action. I don't believe the offense was designed to be a pass first system. I also don't believe his offense was built with a running QB in mind, but I think he realized it's value and that it makes the offense more difficult to defend. OTOH, when he has a running QB, I think it causes him to become too reliant on the run game. It's one of the issues I think he ran into the last 2 seasons at Auburn. At the core of his offense, he wants to run the ball with his four base run plays from multiple looks, he wants to do that at pace, and he wants to throw PA off those runs. IMO pace is the key to his offense. With the simplicity in the passing game, running at pace is the best, and sometimes the only, way to protect the simplistic passing schemes. Run plays fast so opposing defenses don't have enough time to read formations, diagnose tendencies, and set their defenses to stop those tendencies.

OnYourToes

When i think of Gus coming to the Hill, I think of our line up of playmakers next year. . .

QB - Cole Kelley, assuming he gets his act together, live arm, BIG body, short yardage runner.

RB - Devwah Whaley, feature back, strong, veteran, straight away runner
       Chase Hayden, accent back, quick, shifty runner, breakaway speed

WR - Johnathan Nance, solid route runner
        Deon Stweart, posession WR
        De'Vion Warren, deep threat, blazing speed
        Jordan Jones, complementary to Nance

TE - Cheyenne O'Grady, big presence over the middle
       Jeremy Patton, physical blocker, solid route runner, speedy
       Austin Cantrell, great blocker, physical runner
       Will Gragg, hidden gem

With these weapons, in Gus' system, he could have some fun and put some points on the board.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Hawginj

Quote from: OnYourToes on November 16, 2017, 03:40:30 pm
When i think of Gus coming to the Hill, I think of our line up of playmakers next year. . .

QB - Cole Kelley, assuming he gets his act together, live arm, BIG body, short yardage runner.

Will Gragg, hidden gem

With these weapons, in Gus' system, he could have some fun and put some points on the board.
how are they gonna help other than run blocking?

imtad16

Will Gragg, hidden gem

I think you can add Brandon Martin and TJ Hammonds into the mix as well.

Hogimus Prime

I remember the game at Auburn in 06, Gus called two passing plays in the 2nd half.  I'm not a big Gus fan, but I like he runs out of the spread with the motion and getting playmakers in space.  McFadden and Jones were better when Gus was O.C.

HF#1

I think it depends on what he has to work with. I think Gus tries to mold his offense around his players rather than force it on them. Folks want to slam him for not developing QB's but he had 1 bust QB (Jeremy Johnson) that was highly ranked and just didn't work out. Unfortunately, that dudes backup was Shawn White. Nick Marshall, Stidham, and his back up are really good. It's taken some time for Stidham to get adjusted but he has improved.  That Malik kid behind Stidham is electric.

And yes, I think Gus can recruit good/elite mobile QB's to Arkansas. I think he could recruit very well to Arkansas.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawginj

Quote from: HF#1 on November 16, 2017, 04:00:06 pm
I think it depends on what he has to work with. I think Gus tries to mold his offense around his players rather than force it on them. Folks want to slam him for not developing QB's but he had 1 bust QB (Jeremy Johnson) that was highly ranked and just didn't work out. Unfortunately, that dudes backup was Shawn White. Nick Marshall, Stidham, and his back up are really good. It's taken some time for Stidham to get adjusted but he has improved.  That Malik kid behind Stidham is electric.

And yes, I think Gus can recruit good/elite mobile QB's to Arkansas. I think he could recruit very well to Arkansas.
when have you ever seen a Gus Malzahn college team pass unless they absolutely had to? Im not trying to be a *** but I watch football all manner of different teams and you can get a feel for teams and tendicies its all documented. Every game I've watched if Auburn had to rely on the pass for one reason or another they more than likely lost the game. So I'm just wondering where all this Gus tailers his offense to the personell is coming from.

HF#1

Quote from: Hawginj on November 16, 2017, 04:08:15 pm
when have you ever seen a Gus Malzahn college team pass unless they absolutely had to? Im not trying to be a *** but I watch football all manner of different teams and you can get a feel for teams and tendicies its all documented. Every game I've watched if Auburn had to rely on the pass for one reason or another they more than likely lost the game. So I'm just wondering where all this Gus tailers his offense to the personell is coming from.

You are going to have to give me an example. Newton could throw it. Stidham can throw it. Hell, Shawn White lit our secondary up a couple years ago.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

woodrow hog call

The fact that he does what he does from the same formation, (for the most part) is a big plus, and like you mention, he does it at a pace that helps the effectiveness but keeps it simplistic enough that his young guys can  grasp it. I'm tired of waiting til the end of their freshman year to see guys involved, because they haven't got the offense learned yet.

Quote from: fademe on November 16, 2017, 01:16:43 pm
To my knowledge, he's never been pass heavy. I think he'd like to be balanced, but I wouldn't say he's pass heavy. His time at Tulsa and the passing yards they put up would be the closest to pass heavy he's ever been. And even then, he had an almost exact 50/50 split of run to pass in 2007 and was about 60/40 run to pass in 2008.

As far as his philosophy, I believe he wants to run the ball to set up play action. I don't believe the offense was designed to be a pass first system. I also don't believe his offense was built with a running QB in mind, but I think he realized it's value and that it makes the offense more difficult to defend. OTOH, when he has a running QB, I think it causes him to become too reliant on the run game. It's one of the issues I think he ran into the last 2 seasons at Auburn. At the core of his offense, he wants to run the ball with his four base run plays from multiple looks, he wants to do that at pace, and he wants to throw PA off those runs. IMO pace is the key to his offense. With the simplicity in the passing game, running at pace is the best, and sometimes the only, way to protect the simplistic passing schemes. Run plays fast so opposing defenses don't have enough time to read formations, diagnose tendencies, and set their defenses to stop those tendencies.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

joeyself

I thought I'd see how AU has fared against Arkansas in the past 5 years, and figure out about the pass/run question, at least against the Hogs.

Against Arkansas in 2013, Auburn won 35-17, and went into the fourth quarter up 28-10, so I wouldn't have expected much passing in the fourth quarter from AU.  I am using Wikipedia, which doesn't have much of a stat line on this game.

2014 was the game Nick Marshall didn't start for disciplinary reasons.  The team behind the back-up QB put up 21 points and Jeremy Johnson went 12-16 for 243 yards in that first half.  Arkansas scored 21 in the first half and didn't score again in the second.  AU scored on a pick-six, and two other rushing TDs.  Artis-Payne had 175 yards rushing on 26 carries.

2015 was the wild overtime game. All AU scores were on the ground; leading passer for AU was Sean White with 19-32, 254 yds.

Neither 2016 and 2017 tell us much because the games were so lopsided, AU didn't need to throw after it got the big lead. Jarrett Stidham did have 19–28, 218 yds, 1 INT in 2017.

JcS 
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Hawginj

Quote from: joeyself on November 16, 2017, 04:24:36 pm
I thought I'd see how AU has fared against Arkansas in the past 5 years, and figure out about the pass/run question, at least against the Hogs.

Against Arkansas in 2013, Auburn won 35-17, and went into the fourth quarter up 28-10, so I wouldn't have expected much passing in the fourth quarter from AU.  I am using Wikipedia, which doesn't have much of a stat line on this game.

2014 was the game Nick Marshall didn't start for disciplinary reasons.  The team behind the back-up QB put up 21 points and Jeremy Johnson went 12-16 for 243 yards in that first half.  Arkansas scored 21 in the first half and didn't score again in the second.  AU scored on a pick-six, and two other rushing TDs.  Artis-Payne had 175 yards rushing on 26 carries.

2015 was the wild overtime game. All AU scores were on the ground; leading passer for AU was Sean White with 19-32, 254 yds.

Neither 2016 and 2017 tell us much because the games were so lopsided, AU didn't need to throw after it got the big lead. Jarrett Stidham did have 19–28, 218 yds, 1 INT in 2017.

JcS
nice stats I appreciate your work. Really only game they had to rely on the pass was the 2015 game it was wild but that also leads to the point in 5 years only one game was in doubt for Auburn we did a descent job stopping the run and had little problems moving the football which put them in must pass positions they shot themselves in the foot alot. I can remember their receivers being open all over the field but the drops and horrible qb play being the downfall with a whole lot of luck the hogs won that game and it took luck to win it. All that being said it does point out even against Bret without the running game Gus' s team couldn't get it done through the air.

clutch

His offense has never been anything close to pass heavy. People always assumed it was when he was first coming to Arkansas, but it was far from it. He threw a lot at Springdale because he had a 5* QB and an elite WR. His offensive philosophy has always, always, been based off of a heavy run scheme though. It originated from the single wing offense, which is about as far from a pass heavy philosophy as you can get. For some reason, there's still a ton of people that think of an elaborate passing game when they hear Gus Malzahn, and it's always kind of funny to me. He's more run heavy that Bielema ever dreamed of being.

joeyself

Quote from: Hawginj on November 16, 2017, 04:45:41 pm
nice stats I appreciate your work. Really only game they had to rely on the pass was the 2015 game it was wild but that also leads to the point in 5 years only one game was in doubt for Auburn we did a descent job stopping the run and had little problems moving the football which put them in must pass positions they shot themselves in the foot alot. I can remember their receivers being open all over the field but the drops and horrible qb play being the downfall with a whole lot of luck the hogs won that game and it took luck to win it. All that being said it does point out even against Bret without the running game Gus' s team couldn't get it done through the air.

There is no question the AU receivers dropped a lot of catchable passes.  Was that because they weren't coached well enough, or because they had a bad game? 

And I don't know AU had to "rely on the pass." They put up 46 points--24 in regulation--in that game.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Hawginj

Quote from: clutch on November 16, 2017, 04:54:11 pm
His offense has never been anything close to pass heavy. People always assumed it was when he was first coming to Arkansas, but it was far from it. He threw a lot at Springdale because he had a 5* QB and an elite WR. His offensive philosophy has always, always, been based off of a heavy run scheme though. It originated from the single wing offense, which is about as far from a pass heavy philosophy as you can get. For some reason, there's still a ton of people that think of an elaborate passing game when they hear Gus Malzahn, and it's always kind of funny to me. He's more run heavy that Bielema ever dreamed of being.
thats my point to every thing if we cant recruit for run heavy anymore because that athlete no longer exist in our recruiting territory then why do we want a run heavy coach? If he were balanced attack or pass to set up the run id understand.

Hawginj

Quote from: joeyself on November 16, 2017, 05:01:12 pm
There is no question the AU receivers dropped a lot of catchable passes.  Was that because they weren't coached well enough, or because they had a bad game? 

And I don't know AU had to "rely on the pass." They put up 46 points--24 in regulation--in that game.

JcS
well in the end it comes back to philosophy if your not a passing team you don't practice it as much true it could have just been a bad game but that's just one out of dozens I've seen it happen against LSU and Bama and I can remember it almost cost them in Starkville just saying they aren't known for being able to survive on the pass.

My concern about Gus is that 10 years ago his offense seemed ahead of the times. Now it seems more pedestrian and many others do similar things, and often better.

MuskogeeHogFan

Any thoughts?

The Malzahn file at Auburn:
               Rushing        Passing
2013           328             173
2014           256             230
2015           196             174
2016           271             170
2017           237             232

Pretty good balance 3 out of 5 years. It seems like when he has the tools to do both, he does. When he doesn't have both, he opts for his strength.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawginj

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 16, 2017, 06:19:40 pm
The Malzahn file at Auburn:
               Rushing        Passing
2013           328             173
2014           256             230
2015           196             174
2016           271             170
2017           237             232

Pretty good balance 3 out of 5 years. It seems like when he has the tools to do both, he does. When he doesn't have both, he opts for his strength.
just shows they are one dementional no different than BB phislogically.

JaketheSnake

He has always been more of a rushing coach.  His qbs can get high passing yards, but it's generaly from hittin deep balls with all the backfield confusion.

colbs

I don't think he's been great at developing QBs, every QB that has done well was a Juco transfer.  He's never had luck with a QB that he had since he was freshmen.  Saying that he seems to have found a niche getting really good juco QBs.

Bkhardicars

Gus adapts to his personnel. My daughter was a drum major her senior year at SD high with Mustain and the gang..BEing a band parent, it was the high light of my Friday nights back then to be on the side line 5 minutes before half time to take the the percussion instruments out on the field(admittedly I am easily impressed), but I was in awe of the coaching going on at that level...I know a little more than the average fan and I'm telling you it put Houstons staff to shame.(I also got to sit behind the Razorback bench a few times that year and enjoyed watching the chalk talks during the game)...I realize Houstons coaching and coaches were not exactly world beaters, but the contrast was startling...The guy knows his X's and O's... THey threw the ball up and down the field and not your average high school passes..So, if he has a passing QB, he will pass.. BEsides being good at adapting to his personnel, he , like Petrino, is great at finding mismatches..That is a the key IMHO to his success..He works his tail off and he will find the weakness if there is one in an opponent. He will probably have a tough time against BAMA, no surprise....

Hogindasticks

All runners.....no "in the pocket" QB will work on his offense.

clutch

Quote from: Bkhardicars on November 16, 2017, 08:49:40 pm
Gus adapts to his personnel. My daughter was a drum major her senior year at SD high with Mustain and the gang..BEing a band parent, it was the high light of my Friday nights back then to be on the side line 5 minutes before half time to take the the percussion instruments out on the field(admittedly I am easily impressed), but I was in awe of the coaching going on at that level...I know a little more than the average fan and I'm telling you it put Houstons staff to shame.(I also got to sit behind the Razorback bench a few times that year and enjoyed watching the chalk talks during the game)...I realize Houstons coaching and coaches were not exactly world beaters, but the contrast was startling...The guy knows his X's and O's... THey threw the ball up and down the field and not your average high school passes..So, if he has a passing QB, he will pass.. BEsides being good at adapting to his personnel, he , like Petrino, is great at finding mismatches..That is a the key IMHO to his success..He works his tail off and he will find the weakness if there is one in an opponent. He will probably have a tough time against BAMA, no surprise....

You could tell all that from carrying band instruments to the field 5 minutes before halftime?

Hogman2

Gus ALWAYS runs the ball!  Check his rushing totals his entire career and you will see he LOVES to run the football!

playamade76

I'm not a fan of all the gimmick calls

Pork Twain

Unlike some coaches, he seems to be able to adapt to whatever talent he has.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawginj

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 16, 2017, 09:33:59 pm
Unlike some coaches, he seems to be able to adapt to whatever talent he has.
He has literally never done that not once.

Kevin

Auburn is at their best when they are a power running team out of the spread
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Hawginj

Quote from: Kevin on November 16, 2017, 09:38:49 pm
Auburn is at their best when they are a power running team out of the spread
but it's not really a spread. It's just a pro set power running game that uses tempo.

PigInTheHole

Quote from: Hawginj on November 16, 2017, 09:36:27 pm
He has literally never done that not once.

don't fight gusHuggers

GM revolutionized highschool football, invented the wildcat, has a better record at AU than Les had at LSU ...

all true

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

HogTakes

My god if Gus isn't using TJ why the hell are we hiring him?

Will Gragg, hidden gem

colbs

Bkhardicars

Quote from: clutch on November 16, 2017, 09:10:53 pm
You could tqell all that from carrying band instruments to the field 5 minutes before halftime?

Yes. As I said I know more than the average fan about X's and O's.Plus comparing it to getting to sit behind the RAzorbacks  bench a lot that year..Some things just pop out at you and are glaringly obvious. It was obvious this cat was not your normal coach at the high school level having played myself in 5 A ball in Little Rock when Little Rock schools were good.. You just listen to me , believe me, and it's gonna be all right...

Pork Twain

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 16, 2017, 09:48:20 pm
don't fight gusHuggers

GM revolutionized highschool football, invented the wildcat, has a better record at AU than Les had at LSU ...

all true

I am 100% not a Gus hugger.  That does not mean I will believe another poster's alternate reality.  Nice to see the childish name calling already start up.

clutch

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 17, 2017, 02:22:23 am
I am 100% not a Gus hugger.  That does not mean I will believe another poster's alternate reality.  Nice to see the childish name calling already start up.

He's not that far off. His system hasn't ever really changed that much.

MuskogeeHogFan

Any thoughts?

Here's an article that prior to the season, explained what we might see at Auburn with Chip Lindsey running the offense. It mentions greater balance in the article and if you look at the numbers I posted above, you can see that is what they are achieving. This is a pretty detailed article that discusses the differences between the Malzahn offensive theory and the Chip Lindsey theory and how they mesh.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/chip-lindsey-offense-analysis-auburn-football
Go Hogs Go!

Hawginj

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 16, 2017, 09:48:20 pm
don't fight gusHuggers

all true
😂😂😂😂 thanks I needed that. Dang you are good!

Hawginj

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 17, 2017, 06:24:42 am
Here's an article that prior to the season, explained what we might see at Auburn with Chip Lindsey running the offense. It mentions greater balance in the article and if you look at the numbers I posted above, you can see that is what they are achieving. This is a pretty detailed article that discusses the differences between the Malzahn offensive theory and the Chip Lindsey theory and how they mesh.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/chip-lindsey-offense-analysis-auburn-football
chip doesn't run the offense Gus does. His coordinators on offense are nothing but erand boys. They don't call plays and I don't care what you say or link you know it I  know it everyone involved with any progam hes ever been around knows it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawginj on November 17, 2017, 06:52:12 am
chip doesn't run the offense Gus does. His coordinators on offense are nothing but erand boys. They don't call plays and I don't care what you say or link you know it I  know it everyone involved with any progam hes ever been around knows it.

Not since Auburn made Gus hire a true OC. You might want to read the article. As I said in the last line of my post it discusses their differences and how they mesh. And don't get me wrong, just because I am posting facts about Auburn and Gus doesn't mean I am a proponent of him being hired as the HC. I really don't want to see him back at Arkansas. But that doesn't change the facts.
Go Hogs Go!

rtr

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 17, 2017, 07:06:03 am
Not since Auburn made Gus hire a true OC. You might want to read the article. As I said in the last line of my post it discusses their differences and how they mesh. And don't get me wrong, just because I am posting facts about Auburn and Gus doesn't mean I am a proponent of him being hired as the HC. I really don't want to see him back at Arkansas. But that doesn't change the facts.
Was Lindsey Arizona State's OC immediately after Norvell?
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

fademe

Quote from: Hawginj on November 16, 2017, 09:46:16 pm
but it's not really a spread. It's just a pro set power running game that uses tempo.

Nothing about Auburn's offense is pro set. It's a power run game for sure, but we do a multitude of things that are more similar to high school football than pro football.

Deep Shoat

It's basically the Wildcat.  Think about it, when you get down to brass tacks that's all any RPO offense is, just with (hopefully) better passers than Darren McFadden.
All Gas, No Brakes!

fademe

Quote from: Hawginj on November 17, 2017, 06:52:12 am

Chip has called every play since LSU. He also threatened to quit after that game and almost came to blows with Gus after Gus threw him under the bus for the Clemson game debacle.

Quote from: rtr on November 17, 2017, 07:56:50 am
Was Lindsey Arizona State's OC immediately after Norvell?

Yeah, Chip was at ASU last year after Norvell left. Chip and Mike run a lot of the same concepts. Chip just hasn't been able to install most of them at Auburn. If this were truly Chip's offense, it would look a lot different than what we're currently running.

rtr

Quote from: fademe on November 17, 2017, 08:01:50 am
Chip has called every play since LSU. He also threatened to quit after that game and almost came to blows with Gus after Gus threw him under the bus for the Clemson game debacle.

Yeah, Chip was at ASU last year after Norvell left. Chip and Mike run a lot of the same concepts. Chip just hasn't been able to install most of them at Auburn. If this were truly Chip's offense, it would look a lot different than what we're currently running.
Sounds like Norvell might be the real deal.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

fademe

Quote from: rtr on November 17, 2017, 08:04:19 am
Sounds like Norvell might be the real deal.

I think he is. Back when Gus was gussing and Auburn fans were calling for his head (myself included), I had a couple names that I wanted us to make them say no (Gary Patterson and James Franklin) and then I wanted us to look at up-and-comers like Norvell, Brohm, Fuente, someone along those lines.