Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who actually is in the GOBN?

Started by mj4president, November 16, 2017, 08:45:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 11:00:01 am

I'm sure the Lindsey's came out great

The people they didn't pay back took a beating

No doubt, and Daddy got some great buys on some foreclosed on property from the banks, imagine that??

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 16, 2017, 10:10:45 am
THE GOBN is a network we hated when we needed a reason to fire nutt and the thing we love when we need to fire long. Basically, it's just whatever we need it to be.
So, basically they are shape-shifters?

Arthur pigby sellers.

The GOBN is rumored to be headed by a man named Keyser Soze. 

hogfanincajunland

Quote from: mj4president on November 16, 2017, 08:45:15 am
The good ol boy network, who is actually considered to be part of it?

Bo and Luke Duke

jcbville

BoogaHog

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 09:02:25 am
GOBN was the doners that controlled the BAC once JFB was a lame duck......most notably Jim Lindsey

They also ate their own when food was scarce in the mountains.....oh, donors...nevermind.

EastexHawg

I think I saw a movie about them.  Hal Holbrook played the lead.  Oh, wait, that was The Star Chamber.

Watch your step.

HF#1

I can safely say nobody in this thread knows a damn thing about Stephens.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ur

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 16, 2017, 09:17:55 am
Still lots of money coming in from the Lindsey organization.  John David has a lot of influence.
He's not the one running the show over there at Lindsey. Try the other one.

RedRock

Some things are better left to mystery.  There are times when you don't need to see behind the curtain.  Just enjoy the ride.

OtterHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 16, 2017, 12:09:08 pm

Even Mr. "NWA caused the holocaust" Ironhog?

ronmahony

I was invited to join but I was a few mil. short.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ur on November 16, 2017, 12:09:14 pm

Big hitter, the other one...once saw him drive #9 at PVAC.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

cosmodrum

Quote from: The Kig on November 16, 2017, 10:31:36 am
I know... just laughable that you got lumped into the same sentence w/ them.   

Laughable is good for jokes. Thanks.
Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: ur on November 16, 2017, 12:09:14 pm

Yeah, the other one runs the show, I got the impression from JD at some youth golf tournaments that he sells real estate these days.

Unnamed Source

But do they have a clubhouse? Does it too have a secret entrance?

AflacHawg

If the Stephens never put another nickel in the Razorback kitty, they have more than paid their fair share over the years toward Razorback Athletics.

IronHog

Enlighten us.

The old men left them all a few billion a piece.  They ain't boostering near as hard as they could if they wanted.....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Seebs

I can safely say they won't hire me. Dammit.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 11:06:17 am
No doubt, and Daddy got some great buys on some foreclosed on property from the banks, imagine that??
I'm stunned that I forgot about JD Lindsey's role in those foreclosures.  Like many others he overdeveloped, overbuilt, and overextended. 
It was expressed to me that JDL was more than upfront in in his dealings and trying to get everybody out as best they could.  And if Lindsey Inc. turned around and bought some of that foreclosed property I promise they were the top bidder.  And that probably helped minimize the losses at those banks.  It is also my understanding that Jerry Jones bought a few pieces of the foreclosed property in order to help some of the banks get out of the deals.  I think he has already donated some of it to the University.

I don't know about who's actually in charge at Lindsey Inc.  I do know that they have at least two distinct operating entities..  Property Management and the Sales arm.

ur

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 16, 2017, 02:24:41 pm
I'm stunned that I forgot about JD Lindsey's role in those foreclosures.  Like many others he overdeveloped, overbuilt, and overextended. 
It was expressed to me that JDL was more than upfront in in his dealings and trying to get everybody out as best they could.  And if Lindsey Inc. turned around and bought some of that foreclosed property I promise they were the top bidder.  And that probably helped minimize the losses at those banks.  It is also my understanding that Jerry Jones bought a few pieces of the foreclosed property in order to help some of the banks get out of the deals.  I think he has already donated some of it to the University.

I don't know about who's actually in charge at Lindsey Inc.  I do know that they have at least two distinct operating entities..  Property Management and the Sales arm.
The one who can drive a golf ball a mile.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 02:10:12 pm

Enlighten us.

The old men left them all a few billion a piece.  They ain't boostering near as hard as they could if they wanted.....

A few billion each?

No sir.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 16, 2017, 09:26:20 am
ricepig, prj, and DeltaBoy

We are more in the Johnny Cash and Willy and Waylon line of Good ole Boys.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HF#1

Enlighten us.

lol

Wildhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 16, 2017, 03:06:23 pm
We are more in the Johnny Cash and Willy and Waylon line of Good ole Boys.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HF#1

Enlighten us.

You have no clue dude. Do you know how much the company is worth right now? Not sure how the "Old men" left them more than it is worth but alright. You do you...

ricepig

Jerry bought some property that his BIL's bank had foreclosed on that at one time the son of his former coach was involved in. I don't remember if he was still in the group that Chambers Bank took the property back from. It help out Jerry's taxes, helped the UofA and RF, and a bank, several helped with one purchase.

ricepig

Well, he said he made some deals with banks to help his son and the banks, I won't get into the stuff before the filing. It's all available online to read.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Kamkaizen on November 16, 2017, 09:50:14 am
Just curious, as far as you know, are there any people of color in the GOBN?
After a certain size of bank account everyone changes to green.
Pittman or Bust!

IronHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 16, 2017, 03:09:45 pm
You have no clue dude. Do you know how much the company is worth right now? Not sure how the "Old men" left them more than it is worth but alright. You do you...

WTH are you taking about?

They got loads of money but appear to be more into golf and deer hunting than bad football.

If they are bankrolling the new coach that's great.

IronHog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 16, 2017, 02:39:34 pm
A few billion each?

No sir.

Google says Warren alone  is worth 2.6 billion

Argue with the internet. 

BroyledNutts

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 11:00:01 am

I'm sure the Lindsey's came out great

The people they didn't pay back took a beating

That's untrue .. Mr. Lindsey used a good portion of JD's trust to pay off his debts related to Lindsey Construction, Inc.

ur

So Tenn has the owner of the Cleveland Browns, who made his money from truck stops, going after Gruden, and we have Jones, Stephens, Hunt, Tyson, Walton and we are going after Gus?  We need our GOBN to step up so we can really spend their money.  ;)

HF#1

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 03:58:15 pm

Argue with the internet. 

You said a few billion each, not me. There are a lot of things about the company you have no clue about so let's just stop this argument right here.

IronHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 16, 2017, 04:06:27 pm
You said a few billion each, not me. There are a lot of things about the company you have no clue about so let's just stop this argument right here.

Is this like the mob?

Nobody gives a dang about the inner workings of any of the Stephens cousins entities.

They don't appear to be out front boosters like the old men. If that's not true say so.......otherwise no one cares what you claim to know or not know?

ricepig

Quote from: HF#1 on November 16, 2017, 04:06:27 pm

So Mary Ann, Witt Jr, and Jack Jr are penniless?

springdaleone

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FveBzGMD6zw"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 04:19:11 pm
So Mary Ann, Witt Jr, and Jack Jr are penniless?

I bet they could buy a few acres of rice base if they wanted.

Not the sorry sandy stuff either......the good ground you can get 200 bushel and never get out of the truck

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 04:43:59 pm

I bet they could buy a few acres of rice base if they wanted.

Not the sorry sandy stuff either......the good ground you can get 200 bushel and never get out of the truck

Well, I noticed buried in the Agenda for the board was a motion to buy a 600 acre rice farm in Poinsett County at $6000/acre for a rice research station, so the UofA can!!! Actually, I think it comes from the checkoff money, but it's better to say the University is paying too much.

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 04:51:56 pm
Well, I noticed buried in the Agenda for the board was a motion to buy a 600 acre rice farm in Poinsett County at $6000/acre for a rice research station, so the UofA can!!! Actually, I think it comes from the checkoff money, but it's better to say the University is paying too much.

Probably a GOB deal 😄

Dillar Dog

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 03:58:15 pm

Argue with the internet. 

Wow.

I don't even know what to say to that.  You're too clueless to even have a conservation with.

jvanhorn

stan the man

If the GOBN is NWA boosters there would not be any more games in LR. I think Stephens are the ones that want games in LR

IronHog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 16, 2017, 05:11:02 pm
Wow.

I don't even know what to say to that.  You're too clueless to even have a conservation with.

Does anybody understand the point this guy is trying to make?

I'm all for an internet drama but have no clue what's going on here.....

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 05:19:15 pm

Does anybody understand the point this guy is trying to make?

I'm all for an internet drama but have no clue what's going on here.....

I guess because you said they were left a couple billion each, was probably isn't true when Jack and Witt died. I guess that's like saying Sam left his kids $40b each, well technically he didn't, he left them shares which are now worth that, or mord.

ricepig

Quote from: stan the man on November 16, 2017, 05:17:04 pm
If the GOBN is NWA boosters there would not be any more games in LR. I think Stephens are the ones that want games in LR

Fletcher, Ford's, and a few others fit the category.

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 05:24:45 pm
I guess because you said they were left a couple billion each, was probably isn't true when Jack and Witt died. I guess that's like saying Sam left his kids $40b each, well technically he didn't, he left them shares which are now worth that, or mord.

Semantics then

They got a lot and don't appear to booster that hard.

Anyone got better info than that ? 😄

texas tush hog