Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking Points

Started by Shorttimer, November 16, 2017, 08:04:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shorttimer

Coaching college football is like winding a spring.  Winning releases tension for awhile, but time and defeats tend to eventually tighten the spring to the point that it breaks.  All but the best (or luckiest) coaches have a game that breaks the spring.  And inside those games, there are moments--sometimes even individual plays-- that break the spring.

Even with the contention that existed with Coach Broyles, does anyone but me think that Ken Hatfield might have been our coach through the SEC transition had Atwater held onto that interception in Miami?

Even with all of the idiocy of Nutt's final two seasons, does anyone but me think that he might have been able to survive that had Reggie Fish just run to the sideline instead of backpedaling into the end zone? 

Even with the bike and the blonde, does anyone but me think Petrino might still be at Arkansas if he had beaten LSU in 2011?

Even if this year had played out exactly the way it has, does anyone but me think that Bielema survives this year (and Long as well) but for the tryptophan induced meltdown at Missouri last year? 

It's interesting to me how single moments or games can change the course of a program or a coach's career.