Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AD and HC Package

Started by Grunt, November 16, 2017, 01:15:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt

Is it possible we could hire an AD allowing him to stipulate a coach he already has in mind or hire a coach upon agreement to hire a certain AD? If they are buddies and want to work together, it seems a package deal would be expeditious.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

sickboy

I'm guessing the next AD is going to be an Arkansas guy or gal. And I'm guessing whoever that person is has to be cool with Malzahn being the coach. My guess is after Malzahn it's Norvell. All Arkansas ties because people think if you understand what it's like to love Arkansas by birthright, then that equals wins.

redhogchilipepper

Why not hire Butch Davis as AD and Kiffin as HC?

ToddW

It's funny I did a quick search on Kiffin to Arkansas and saw this

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/lane-kiffin-arkansas-head-coaching-job-rumors-bobby-pertain-bret-bielema-092016

I know it doesn't mean one thing but still funny.  It's going to be a crazy 6weeks
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

SquidBilly

Quote from: sickboy on November 16, 2017, 01:37:30 am
All Arkansas ties because people think if you understand what it's like to love Arkansas by birthright, then that equals wins.

Not true but I do think that it is human nature to do a better job if you are in it for more than just a paycheck.  Doesn't guarantee success as their are many football teams that don't have success even though they have coaches that truly love the school they are at.  I personally think we need to find a coach looking to build something that he can put his stamp on and is willing to put forth the effort to do that.  Alabama has found that in Saban and he is held in the same regard by that fanbase as Bear Bryant.  No reason we can't go find a coach who wants to be our next JFB. 

texas tush hog

Quote from: ToddW on November 16, 2017, 06:47:46 am
It's funny I did a quick search on Kiffin to Arkansas and saw this

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/lane-kiffin-arkansas-head-coaching-job-rumors-bobby-pertain-bret-bielema-092016

I know it doesn't mean one thing but still funny.  It's going to be a crazy 6weeks

It won't be that Long, I promise you.