Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hearing that Practice isn't going well

Started by checkraiser88, November 15, 2017, 05:54:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

The Coaches are all distracted by the Long firing, wouldn't be surprised if we got blanked this weekend!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogPharmer

In what way would hearing how good practices are going give you any indication as to how well we are going to play? Every week we are told practice has been really good, only to come out and lay an egg every Saturday. It's laughable at this point to believe anything anyone says on "how well" practices are going.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

TNhawgfan

So the coaches couldn't see the writing on the wall before today? Not the sharpest tools in the shed if true
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

bville_hog

I would say it would be a positive since so far this year we have practices great according to B.B. but have played like crap!

RedRock

The fear of getting blanked has been an issue every week this year.

jgphillips3

It's like Seinfeld, if they just do the complete opposite of what their natural instinct tells them they should do, it will probably work.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Buff

I thought we'd been having great weeks of practice all year.

EastexHawg

It's sort of like when Michael and Fredo's mother died.  The only person keeping Bielema around now sleeps with the fishes.

I wouldn't recommend a fishing trip anytime soon.

forrest city joe

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 15, 2017, 05:54:05 pm
The Coaches are all distracted by the Long firing, wouldn't be surprised if we got blanked this weekend!
Been getting blown out almost every game anyway.so why does it matter? other than Ole Miss and A&M,been getting beat by 3 TD or more by the other sec teams.

idochog

Long probably told those tools their job was safe
I love Jesus!

hawganatic

Well they all probably know they are going to be let go in a couple of weeks now.  Would you be able to focus under those circumstances?

ipigsooie

Quote from: Buff on November 15, 2017, 06:01:42 pm
I thought we'd been having great weeks of practice all year.

Exactly!  We will probably win by 50.

Dark Helmet Hog

Practice hasn't gone well all year.......

checkraiser88

Look guys this is coming from a current player

WilsonHog

At 4-6, I figure they held out hope that if they could somehow win the last two and make a bowl, jobs would be safe for the most part. Today let the air out of that balloon.

RebHog

Quote from: bville_hog on November 15, 2017, 05:57:16 pm
I would say it would be a positive since so far this year we have practices great according to B.B. but have played like crap!

HAHAHAHA +1 Salute!

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 15, 2017, 06:03:15 pm
It's sort of like when Michael and Fredo's mother died.  The only person keeping Bielema around now sleeps with the fishes.

I wouldn't recommend a fishing trip anytime soon.

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

onebadrubi

These coaches aren't dumb.  They knew their employment at the U ofA was ending the end of this month, writing was all over the wall! 

Their best bet is to sell to this team lets go out in these last two games with a bang. 

hawgon

I imagine that everyone, players and coaches included, would just as soon forfeit these last two games and get on with the rest of their lives.  Everyone knows that this staff is gone and that there is nothing left to play for. 

It has to be really tough.

checkraiser88

I honestly think BB thought he could sell Long on another year until this

DOGALUM

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 06:16:09 pm
I imagine that everyone, players and coaches included, would just as soon forfeit these last two games and get on with the rest of their lives.  Everyone knows that this staff is gone and that there is nothing left to play for. 

hiw about competing for pride?  Play for each other?

Plenty to play for. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

bphi11ips

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 15, 2017, 06:16:02 pm
These coaches aren't dumb.  They knew their employment at the U ofA was ending the end of this month, writing was all over the wall! 

Their best bet is to sell to this team lets go out in these last two games with a bang. 

Right.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawgon

Quote from: DOGALUM on November 15, 2017, 06:19:42 pm
hiw about competing for pride?  Play for each other?

Plenty to play for.

They ain't played for pride or each other all year.  Why would they start now?

bphi11ips

Wrong.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hollywood870

Pa-Pa, does this mean we won't be winning the match?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 06:20:51 pm
They ain't played for pride or each other all year.  Why would they start now?

Precisely.

PORKULATOR

you've got loser written all over you. Do you even understand what it means to compete. These players are athletes and they play for self-pride first and foremost.
Just go away...  never yield and woo pigs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

kodiakisland

Sad to hear. We've won practice all year.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Razorback7

The practices haven't gone well all season.... But we are really close.

HogMantheIntruder

Well I guess TJ Hammonds won't be getting any touches this week. :(
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

DemiHOG

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 15, 2017, 06:19:34 pm
I honestly think BB thought he could sell Long on another year until this

Not sure he would have had to sell Long on another year.  Long has made it clear that Bielema was his man.

Sed76

All year we have been hearing about them having a great week of practice only to shat the bed on Saturday so it really doesn't matter at this point.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: Poppa Tart on November 15, 2017, 06:45:28 pm

I suspect CBB will take it out on Hammonds for the Long firing.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 15, 2017, 06:16:02 pm

You sure about that? Every time I see BB he sure resembles the guy they have a picture of in the Webster dictionary right beside the definition of the word dumb.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hawgon

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 15, 2017, 06:41:06 pm
you've got loser written all over you. Do you even understand what it means to compete. These players are athletes and they play for self-pride first and foremost.

Like I said, why would they start doing that now?  These coaches and these kids will lay down just like they have every other time it mattered.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 15, 2017, 06:41:06 pm

But fact is the players are human too.  What affects their coach(es) has a lot to do with their state of mind.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the team came out as flat as this mornings pancakes.

We've had it happen every season. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Where are you hearing that from?
Go Hogs Go!

logic

It doesn't have any noticable effect on the game.  If anything, it would improve the Razorbacks chances of winning since compared to two days ago, the point spread and money line has dropped slightly.

swineology

Players have mailed it in like they did last year Capt. Obvious

:puke:

seasonhog

HognotinMemphis

Given that, according to Bielema, Arkansas is #1 in the nation when in practice, maybe bad practice will = better in game performance.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

jgphillips3

Razor8

Since good pratices meant bad games maybe bad practices will mean we play a good game?
Razorbacks

RedRock

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: Poppa Tart on November 15, 2017, 06:45:28 pm
Our only chance to out score them is to feed TJ the ball all day
WPS!!!