Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema and Long's full contracts

Started by NuttinItUp, November 15, 2017, 05:08:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

From 40/29 news.

QuoteThe UA announced Wednesday that Jeff Long would no longer serve as director of athletics. A press release from the schools aid "The university will honor the provisions of Long's contract, which currently runs through June 30, 2022."

Long's latest contract amendment listed an annual salary of $750,000.

Bret Bielema's amended contract runs from December 4, 2012 to December 31, 2020. His annual salary "from public and private funds" was listed at $2.95 million.

The contract amendment says that if the university terminates Bielema's contract early, he will be paid a certain sum. The sum for a termination in 2017 is listed at $15.4 million. The sum for a termination in 2018 is listed at $11.7 million.

Jeff Long's contract, including all six amendments.

Bret Bielema's contract. (link)

First amendment to Bret Bielema's contract. (link)

NuttinItUp

So, reading that, it looks like we are on the hook for Long's full $4.5 million and Bielema's $11.7 million (assuming January 1) or $15.4 million (if before January 1).

Is that correct?

woodrow hog call

Man I hope they have that Brett Raines guy digging into all of this, he can make it all sound like a murder mystery.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

NuttinItUp

Quote from: woodrow hog call on November 15, 2017, 05:10:39 pm
Man I hope they have that Brett Raines guy digging into all of this, he can make it all sound like a murder mystery.

Well, there was that Arkansas Democrat Gazette article a few weeks ago that said they had an attorney look at it and Bielema's buyout was only going to be $5+ million. (can't remember the exact amount)

But, I do not see how that squares with the actual contract.

Bebop

If Bielema's contract is the full 15.4 to 11.7 million come January and not as a result of the entirety of his contract, then I could see this being another reason that Long got fired.

HogFoo

November 15, 2017, 05:44:05 pm #5 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:33:48 pm by HogFoo
nm
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ricepig

Quote from: HogFoo on November 15, 2017, 05:44:05 pm
I am reluctant to share anything with any of you, but here it is, so you can believe it or not, I'll put it this way.  Ive heard or rather, read something a few hours ago,  and according to the letter, Long will NOT be owed a buyout.   Im not going to elaborate on anything other than that.  But he is NOT going to be paid a buyout according to what I read today. 

I will say one more thing, that the letter was pretty matter of fact, "leave your keys on the table when you leave, turn in your 2 cars when you leave on so and so day...if You have any problem with this call so and so...."   just very cold.  And to the point.  Anyways.   That's good news tho. Haha

So the letter from Steinmetz saying he would be paid was just window dressing? I would imagine his attorney would think it was serious.

HogFoo

November 15, 2017, 05:54:19 pm #7 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:34:04 pm by HogFoo
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HogFoo on November 15, 2017, 05:54:19 pm
he'll be paid what he was owed  as of today. If I read everything correctly, and it was pretty straightforward. That's it.

Sometimes coaches (also, presumably ADs) agree to less when they are fired, but it would be weird to agree to nothing unless something else was going on. (i.e. he did not want them to release info of him doing something he wasn't supposed to do, etc.)

vote4dmac

BB's buyout formula per the contract:
Amount from table / Contract term in months X Remaining months in contract.
So....
If fired 11/25/17:  15,400,000 / 70.66 X 37.11 = $8.1M
If fires 1/1/18:  11,700,000 / 70.66 X 35.9 = $5.945M

NuttinItUp

Quote from: vote4dmac on November 15, 2017, 07:39:22 pm
BB's buyout formula per the contract:
Amount from table / Contract term in months X Remaining months in contract.
So....
If fired 11/25/17:  15,400,000 / 70.66 X 37.11 = $8.1M
If fires 1/1/18:  11,700,000 / 70.66 X 35.9 = $5.945M

Oooooh. That makes total sense.

Thank you!