Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long wouldn't fire Bret, so they fired him

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 15, 2017, 09:57:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDHOG

grayhawg

Deep Shoat

Quote from: grayhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:59:32 am
A lot more than that, it will all come out eventually.
No, there's not more than that.  Stop believing stupid message board BS planted by prj and his roving band of shills for the GOBN.
All Gas, No Brakes!

HogPharmer

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 15, 2017, 09:57:50 am
its that simple.

No. It isn't. He's done something we don't know about yet to get fired.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

NuttinItUp

So Gus had no say in it?

I have no idea what to believe nowadays.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 15, 2017, 09:57:50 am
its that simple.

Good ridance.  Would you hear a competive program say winning is not a top priority?  You only hear that from bottom feeders
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

_Hamlet_

Calls for speculation. JL has fired plenty of people in his career and would do it again.

Pig in the Pokey

Doesn't have ANYTHING to do with what the OP said. In fact, Long DID agree to fire Bert, had his replacement lined up , and still got his ass canned. Shady dealings and a terrible attitude cost him.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 15, 2017, 10:01:51 am
No. It isn't. He's done something we don't know about yet to get fired.

Are motorcycles involved in any way?

&/or did he pull a Harvey Weinstein/Louis CK/etc.?

grayhawg

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 15, 2017, 10:01:22 am
No, there's not more than that.  Stop believing stupid message board BS planted by prj and his roving band of shills for the GOBN.
Wait and see, it will come out sooner or later. And now the door is open for or by the GOBN you spoke of.

Rustyhog

You are wrong. It may not come out, but there is more to this. WAY more to this.

hoglady

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 15, 2017, 10:02:30 am
Doesn't have ANYTHING to do with what the OP said. In fact, Long DID agree to fire Bert, had his replacement lined up , and still got his ass canned. Shady dealings and a terrible attitude cost him.

I would come closer to believing this.
Long doesn't appear the type to get his butt canned for someone else.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Malvin

He lost the job when he said that winning wasn't a priority.  I know it's a play on words, but football is a win at all costs sport and when you state that you aren't interested in winning at all costs then it basically means that you aren't willing to do what it takes to win.. which Razorback football has been a shining example of over the last 5 years.

Do we want to get in trouble by the NCAA?  Absolutely not, but it doesn't mean that we can't bend a little bit here and there.  Do you think LSU, Alabama, Auburn don't bend the rules a little from time to time?  Do you thinking the Patriots have been squeaky clean while they won all their Super Bowls?  Do you thinking Jimmy Johnson was always sparkling clean?  NO.  You have to be willing to brave and take some chances to win, Long didn't want to do this and the results on the field speak for themselves.

cram224

I have one question. Who's going to walk the big donor through the A before game?

hoglady

Wonder what kind of power plays will be going on up on the hill for the next couple of weeks.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hoglady on November 15, 2017, 10:05:36 am
I would come closer to believing this.
Long doesn't appear the type to get his butt canned for someone else.
yep.
He actually had leach (I hope we still get him tbh) and figured that would more than save his job. Guess not.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The NewEra

So, you're saying stop believing stupid message board BS by other posters, but believe your message board BS?  Did I get that right?

ipigsooie

I don't usually say this, but in response to the title of this thread, "dilly, dilly!"

snoblind

ipigsooie

BearsBisonsBoars

I doubt anyone at that level would torpedo himself over a friendship. (if there even is a friendship there,which is itself speculation)

My money is that he got caught shopping for the next gig, and they decided enough was enough.

That failing, there may be a scandal waiting to break.

But I doubt this is over the firing of one coach.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 15, 2017, 10:07:05 am
yep.
He actually had leach (I hope we still get him tbh) and figured that would more than save his job. Guess not.
Man, stop lying.

Leach was never going to be our coach.

this is Jeff Long refusing to cut Bielema loose before his 6 years (promised) was up.  The GOBN is using this to make a power play Hog fans are falling right in it.
All Gas, No Brakes!

hogsanity

So, something 99% of the posters here seemed to want to happen, Long being fired, appears to have happened, so now said posters are going to argue about the reason Long was fired............................
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The NewEra on November 15, 2017, 10:07:09 am
So, you're saying stop believing stupid message board BS by other posters, but believe your message board BS?  Did I get that right?
How about this: Use common sense.  Occam's Razor is in play here.  The simple answer is, almost always, the correct one.

All Gas, No Brakes!

Grunt

Quote from: grayhawg on November 15, 2017, 09:59:32 am
A lot more than that, it will all come out eventually.
I agree. There has to be more than that. I doubt Long would even balk at firing BB.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 15, 2017, 10:09:19 am
Man, stop lying.

Leach was never going to be our coach.

this is Jeff Long refusing to cut Bielema loose before his 6 years (promised) was up.  The GOBN is using this to make a power play Hog fans are falling right in it.
Just keep being wrong. I bet you are used to the feeling.

@Slackaveli

ipigsooie

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2017, 10:10:03 am
So, something 99% of the posters here seemed to want to happen, Long being fired, appears to have happened, so now said posters are going to argue about the reason Long was fired............................

Not me! The why concerns me a lot less than the what!

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

rzrbk4life

Are we really that surprised?
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Pig in the Pokey

even when they screamed this whole time he wasnt getting FIRED. Even when they still think Fatty may return. BEEN telling them all this was real. Now, they still screaming "Stop lying!"They dont want to know they truth.
@Slackaveli

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 15, 2017, 10:12:05 am
Just keep being wrong. I bet you are used to the feeling.
You would certainly know about that, right?
All Gas, No Brakes!

JOKERHOG

There is someone celebrating in Louisville right now
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

island hog

Quote from: JOKERHOG on November 15, 2017, 10:02:13 am
Good ridance.  Would you hear a competive program say winning is not a top priority?  You only hear that from bottom feeders
Context is your friend. 

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

island hog

Quote from: Malvin on November 15, 2017, 10:05:40 am
He lost the job when he said that winning wasn't a priority.  I know it's a play on words, but football is a win at all costs sport and when you state that you aren't interested in winning at all costs then it basically means that you aren't willing to do what it takes to win.. which Razorback football has been a shining example of over the last 5 years.

Do we want to get in trouble by the NCAA?  Absolutely not, but it doesn't mean that we can't bend a little bit here and there.  Do you think LSU, Alabama, Auburn don't bend the rules a little from time to time?  Do you thinking the Patriots have been squeaky clean while they won all their Super Bowls?  Do you thinking Jimmy Johnson was always sparkling clean?  NO.  You have to be willing to brave and take some chances to win, Long didn't want to do this and the results on the field speak for themselves.
When you can get fired and the university get sanctioned for bending the rules, you don't do those things. 

Grunt

Quote from: JOKERHOG on November 15, 2017, 10:02:13 am
He didn't get the culture.

BearsBisonsBoars

Gotta do something while I pretend to work  8)

jgphillips3

There is plenty of smoke to the financial mistakes fire.  I suspect a confluence of attitude, support for CBB, poor financial dealings and job flirtation all conspired to make this happen now.

hoglady

Quote from: JOKERHOG on November 15, 2017, 10:15:39 am
There is someone celebrating in Louisville right now

Would you blame him?
Petrino is responsible for his own firing, he screwed up - but Long didn't have to just publicly destroy the man with that press conference.

Vantage 8 dude

Don't know the reason JL was shown the door. Perhaps the reason(s) for his dismissal will eventually come out, my gut says it eventually will, however, what I do know is that whatever 'cover" or slim chance CBB might have had concerning any remaining job security has just been sent packing.

If he hasn't already I think Bret ought to either be updating his resume or looking for whatever comes next from a career standpoint. He will not be on our sidelines in '18.

Grunt

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 15, 2017, 10:02:30 am
Who did he have lined up?

HawgWild

Interesting statement in the Times:

"Steinmetz, as he once reportedly explained to the AD some months ago, ranks higher on the campus organizational chart than even the man in charge of a $100-million departmental budget."

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 15, 2017, 10:24:00 am
There is plenty of smoke to the financial mistakes fire.  I suspect a confluence of attitude, support for CBB, poor financial dealings and job flirtation all conspired to make this happen now.
Yep. Even his new "super secret (lol) home run hire" couldnt save him. Maybe Leach was asked and said, "I'll come with or without Jeffie" LMAO!!! Im still on cloud 9 regardless. I havent even suffered these last 6 weeks. I've been just basking in the glory of knowing Fatty is gone and a beast coach is incoming. Now that Long got wrecked, too, and it's all back in the air, Hell, Im STILL super stoked b/c NO MATTER WHAT we will get-

Leach or Gus or Norvell or Venables . List wont be longer than that. BE HAPPY BAWZ.
@Slackaveli

HogFoo

Quote from: Malvin on November 15, 2017, 10:05:40 am

i'll tell you what happened.. doesnt matter now.. Long lost the job when he was told by jerry jones that he'd pay the buyout and he wanted to help find a new coach.  And Long basically said to jerry  "who said i am getting rid of Bielema?? and who says i need your help?"  Thats when the movement to get rid of Long went into overdrive.  Long should have been watching his back at that point.  Because any and every excuse whether it comes out or not was gonna be used to get rid of him.  And, looks like they settled on one that stuck.  bye bye Long.. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Grunt on November 15, 2017, 10:26:13 am
Who did he have lined up?
the Pirate said he'd come.  He will 100% be out of Wazzou this year. Would be a great fit for us. Certainly better fit than Gus with all his built in divisiveness.
@Slackaveli

ricepig

https://twitter.com/trey1037TheBuzz/status/930835067307425792

SOURCE: Jeff Long was dismissed out of convenience so Arkansas will owe him $4.5 million over next 4 years.

buldozer

Who cares why he got fired..... I'm just thankful he WAS fired!!!! Good riddance.