Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Hall

Started by claycohog, November 13, 2017, 12:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 01:56:37 pm
Yeah we could actually lose to Coastal.

I think CBB placed a call to their coach at halftime. Told him he'd give him $1M to leave a whole open late in the 4th  ;)

Dwight_K_Shrute

Interesting that this thread was locked for awhile then unlocked.  Very interesting indeed.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

woodhog14

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 02:31:51 pm
Interesting that this thread was locked for awhile then unlocked.  Very interesting indeed.
I don't understand why it was locked in the first place when Grant was saying all of this on the radio. Free for anyone and everyone to hear.

ipigsooie

Who was grant hall hearing that we were going to hire in 2012? Just curious?

Razorbackers

Illumihawgi confirmed.

ricepig

Quote from: cram224 on November 13, 2017, 02:01:13 pm
I've been saying CBB and JL's contracts are with the Foundation and not open to FOIA.

They have contracts with the University of Arkansas, they also have "personal services" contracts with the Foundation. Outside of the state maximum line item amount, everything they earn is paid through the Foundation, IMG media contracts, or apparel deals. The contracts with the University state an amount they are paid which includes these outside sources of income. What we don't always know is annuities, paid up life insurance amounts, and loans.

rhames

This whole gus thing is starting to feel like the Gruden thing.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 13, 2017, 02:32:09 pm
I agree!  I've NEVER heard of this Hall joker so I take that with a grain of salt but sorry, Mike Irwin hasn't broken a story in his entire career!  He's basically a UA lapdog regurgitating coach speak.  Just saying....

Mike is not a U of A lapdog and has been critical at times.  He's not mister negative all the time though.  He does try to deal in facts more than opinion or in opinion based on fact.  I have heard him take the fan side of things when fans are legitimately upset and I have heard him school fans when they are being unrealistic aholes and pissing in the wind.

I do not always agree with what Mike I says but I do appreciate that he seems to have his own opinion (not one shaped by any agenda) and he's not afraid to share it whether it be popular or unpopular.  He caught heat for giving his opinion and unflattering insight on issues that were going on during the Houston Nutt end of days.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Luke STYwalker

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 02:38:17 pm
Mike is not a U of A lapdog and has been critical at times.  He's not mister negative all the time though.  He does try to deal in facts more than opinion or in opinion based on fact.  I have heard him take the fan side of things when fans are legitimately upset and I have heard him school fans when they are being unrealistic aholes and pissing in the wind.

I do not always agree with what Mike I says but I do appreciate that he seems to have his own opinion (not one shaped by any agenda) and he's not afraid to share it whether it be popular or unpopular.  He caught heat for giving his opinion and unflattering insight on issues that were going on during the Houston Nutt end of days.
I agree Dwight.  Well put.   I like what Mike has to offer.    And I find it interesting that he isn't posting much during all of this.  He is hearing things just like some of us are.  Only he won't waste time typing rumors.    However, i do believe he would not hesitate to educate any of you if you want to put some garbage out here.

Tusks

why was this thread locked up for a while, whats going on?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Mr Jade

Quote from: cram224 on November 13, 2017, 02:01:13 pm
I've been saying CBB and JL's contracts are with the Foundation and not open to FOIA.

Still wouldn't be legal under the Arkansas FOIA codes as summarized here: https://static.ark.org/eeuploads/ag/foi-handbook-16ed-final.pdf
(Q. What information is not exempt?
A. Salary and compensation in addition to regular pay check, names, dates of hire, job title, work history, educational background, job applications and resumes, training and certification, work email addresses, terms of a settlement releasing an employee from his or her contract. Opinion Nos. 2006-225 (and opinions cited therein), 93-114, 88-078.)
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Can Gus even take another SEC-W job contract-wise?

AirWarren

oldhawg

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 13, 2017, 02:44:52 pm
Oh no, a Irwin man love dude!  Sorry but the Arkansas sports media as a whole is inept, inadequate and basically regurgitate coach speak, including Irwin!  My only agenda is WINNING Hog FB!  I don't care who the coach is, who the AD is, just win more than 6 games a year and don't lose by 30 to the big 3 in the West!  MI is a lapdog just like the rest of the FB media! 

If memory serves me correctly, during the Mitch Mustain episode, Irwin was prohibited from posting on Hogville by his employer (at least in part) because of his critical remarks about the coaching staff.

In the current situation, Bielema does have some positive traits, unfortunately winning ballgames is not one of them.  Irwin has emphasized those points, although recently he seems to indicate that the Bielema era is quickly coming to a close.

WilsonHog

Actually, it's not. I scrolled the page, saw that it was locked, and thought, "Damn, who did that?" When I checked the moderation log, I discovered that I did, by mistake. So I unlocked it.

RexMentor

There's been a lot of locking going on lately. We can all wonder why, but it doesn't mean we'll get an answer. As to this one specific instance, regarding my post, apologies Wilson. Thanks for clearing it up.

Razorbackers

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 13, 2017, 02:52:38 pm
Actually, it's not. I scrolled the page, saw that it was locked, and thought, "Damn, who did that?" When I checked the moderation log, I discovered that I did, by mistake. So I unlocked it.

Classic false flag.

hogsanity

I will say this, IF, and it is a huge IF, you are going to pay out 6mil or 9 mil or 12 mil to get two guys to go away, you better fill the HC job with someone bigger than a guy with 2 seasons at a g5 school or it looks like you are waving the white flag. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mr Jade

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

HF#1

Conspiracy..
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 12:56:29 pm
For those that can't listen.  JL and BB is out.  Fans don't be anxious, powers ARE absolutely making changes.

Grant pretty emphatic Gus is a real possibility.

Thanks for the translation! +1 if I could homey...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hawginj

Quote from: rhames on November 13, 2017, 02:38:12 pm
This whole gus thing is starting to feel like the Gruden thing.
we can only hope so

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Oh no, a Irwin man love dude!  Sorry but the Arkansas sports media as a whole is inept, inadequate and basically regurgitate coach speak, including Irwin!  My only agenda is WINNING Hog FB!  I don't care who the coach is, who the AD is, just win more than 6 games a year and don't lose by 30 to the big 3 in the West!  MI is a lapdog just like the rest of the FB media! 

Couldn't understand your post due to either grammatical errors or typo's. Regardless, my impression is that you think anyone who agrees with Mike Irwin is a "lap dude"... Not sure if you meant lap dog, or if that's a new sexual reference that flew right over my "Back Side of 40" head. Either way, i don't like your tone, and Mike and I will gladly talk it over with you at the Alma Sonic... If you show up, just hang out with Skandar and Ponderin and practice falling down until I get there...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogRockCafe

If you listen closely, you can actually hear Gus laughing all the way from Auburn, Alabama.  Dude ain't coming back here.  Why would he?

rljjr

I agree!  I've NEVER heard of this Hall joker so I take that with a grain of salt but sorry, Mike Irwin hasn't broken a story in his entire career!  He's basically a UA lapdog regurgitating coach speak.  Just saying....

I can't tell if you're young, a troll, uninformed or dripping with sarcasm.

By the way, do you know Mike? Have you worked with him or competed against him? I have. Mike is a reporter's reporter and is a man of character. What's wrong with you people to make claims about people you don't know. You don't have to like what he says, but when I was competing against him his info was always right because he cultivated sources, never burned them, and earned and kept their trust. That's all you can ask of a real reporter. He's not one of these Eric Bolin shock-type guys. You can usually take his info to the bank. I'm sure he's made mistakes in his career and I am willing to bet he might even share an anecdote if he could do it without embarrassing someone. I respect Mike because I know him.

MJ2

Quote from: HogRockCafe on November 13, 2017, 03:17:11 pm
If you listen closely, you can actually hear Gus laughing all the way from Auburn, Alabama.  Dude ain't coming back here.  Why would he?

I agree.  If he leave Auburn (likely) it won't be to come to AR.

woodrow hog call

It's good of you admit to it...............................

now this is the part where I go looking for tree to hang you from, sorry, no hard feelings.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hog.goblin

I didn't get the impression at all that Grant was saying Gus was the next coach, simply that it was a real possibility.  He also mentioned Norvell.  I felt like he was saying WHO the next coach was speculation, but that Gus should be seen as a candidate by the BOT.

But there was no doubt in his mind based on things said that CBB was gone after Mizzou and JL will likely step down in January.

I personally believe Jeff has promised CBB another year and is willing to be forced out when he doesn't get his way.  He'll have his pick of AD jobs.

Roctavious

We aren't losing both a head coach and an AD at the same time. IF Long is gone this year, Bielema is here until new guy is hired. With the new signing period, we aren't waiting to hire a new AD THEN look for a new coach.

Tusks

guys it's done, both are gone just like MANY said.  Have you not seen he JL to the NCAA thread.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Roctavious

Well, I mean if a thread on Hogville said so, then it's the gospel . . . .

Hawg Life

He's not. It's asinine it's even being discussed. Hire Norvell!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 04:20:01 pm

guys it's done, both are gone just like MANY said.  Have you not seen he JL to the NCAA thread.

It's real, there's a thread about it!!!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

Ronnie told him he'd pass the plate once a month and give it to him.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Rustyhog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 13, 2017, 12:46:52 pm
Who is Grant Hall and why should we believe anything he says?

Grant is one of the most respected reporters in NWA. Only Mike Irwin may have more contacts than Grant. Grant isn't one to spew crap without a solid amount of confidence and knowledge. IN OTHER WORDS, he isn't someone that says things like this without being told by someone he TRUSTS and was THERE.

Best, most connected, responsible and knowledgeable reporters that cover the Razorbacks are (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) Mike Irwin, Grant Hall, Bob Holt and and Nate Allan. Grant & Mike have the best connections.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 13, 2017, 04:37:02 pm
Ronnie told him he'd pass the plate once a month and give it to him.........................

You don't know Ronnie very well.....

hog.goblin

Quote from: Roctavious on November 13, 2017, 04:22:48 pm
Well, I mean if a thread on Hogville said so, then it's the gospel . . . .

It was broadcasting over ESPN radio (local station) for over an hour by a very respected journalist.

But sure, the hogville thread makes it null and void.

Simple Swineman

If you've never heard of Grant Hall and you think Mike Irwin is a UA lapdog then you can't have been following Razorback athletics for more than a week, two tops.

Potosihog

Quote from: The Boar War on November 13, 2017, 01:42:22 pm
One things for sure:  No one's stupid enough to use Gus as a smoke screen.

They were stupid enough to use Gruden, so why not?

Rustyhog

Quote from: rhames on November 13, 2017, 01:10:50 pm
If long was getting fired,  why not fire him now?

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

I want Long gone today, but things are political. VERY POLITICAL. I think it's freaking hilarious! THIS IS EXACTLY how long ran everyone off. He told them to find a job by X date, because you're gone on that date if not. Awesome to see him get treated like that! Can't go fast enough for me!

Rustyhog

MI is a lapdog just like the rest of the FB media!

Exactly how long have you been in Arkansas? Obviously you live somewhere far removed and have limited access to what's going on in Fayetteville.

I do think there are a few that are Jeff Long Puppets. Wally was for a long time. But Wally doesn't live in NWA. He doesn't come to NWA except for games. He only knows what he's told. Long had him as his tool for a while. Happy to see him finally pull his head out of Jeff's butt.

Out of all the reporters that cover the Razorbacks, Irwin is one of the best. Old school. Does his research & confirms things before he says them. Grant is the same way. An old newspaper guy.

There are a few that aren't tools of the AD.

Ugly Uncle

I've worked closely with Grant and Mike.

Grant is not one that just says things.  He knows so much that he doesn't share. 

Rice...why are you so aggressive towards Grant today?  You aren't usually so negative.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Rustyhog on November 13, 2017, 05:10:11 pm
Exactly how long have you been in Arkansas? Obviously you live somewhere far removed and have limited access to what's going on in Fayetteville.

I do think there are a few that are Jeff Long Puppets. Wally was for a long time. But Wally doesn't live in NWA. He doesn't come to NWA except for games. He only knows what he's told. Long had him as his tool for a while. Happy to see him finally pull his head out of Jeff's butt.

Out of all the reporters that cover the Razorbacks, Irwin is one of the best. Old school. Does his research & confirms things before he says them. Grant is the same way. An old newspaper guy.

There are a few that aren't tools of the AD.

Good post.

You can question a lot of things...but Mike and Grant's integrity is not one of them.  You can...you'll just look stupid.
Retired Radio Host

onebadrubi

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 02:00:47 pm
Wow for a usually boring show, GH had a lot going on today.  He Mike have been around since the dead sea was only sick.

Are you GH?  Or compensated for pushing his show?

ricepig

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 13, 2017, 05:11:03 pm
I've worked closely with Grant and Mike.

Grant is not one that just says things.  He knows so much that he doesn't share. 

Rice...why are you so aggressive towards Grant today?  You aren't usually so negative.

Well, a % of that was to the way it was presented in here, such as coming from Bobbitt, the buyout #, and of course, the lack of facts backing any of it up. First it was "for sure", and it ended with "I believe it will happen". That's if those who listened repeated it correctly.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 02:36:20 pm
They have contracts with the University of Arkansas, they also have "personal services" contracts with the Foundation. Outside of the state maximum line item amount, everything they earn is paid through the Foundation, IMG media contracts, or apparel deals. The contracts with the University state an amount they are paid which includes these outside sources of income. What we don't always know is annuities, paid up life insurance amounts, and loans.

Can you expand?  Specifically on this annuity thing you've mentioned, and now loans?  I know what an annuity is, but can seem to figure out where an annuity on top of their pay is for?

Harbaugh is the first I've seen play the life insurance game

Porked Tongue

Grant just repeated what the base "rumor" has been since last Thursday afternoon.  He's just the first person from mainstream to say it straight out.

Now, you can believe it or not. ;)

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: rhames on November 13, 2017, 01:20:04 pm
In the end most likely BB is gone and Jeff is still here.

Can't you understand plain English?  Someone who really knows what is happening as spoken....accept it and like it!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

farmhawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 01:00:35 pm
So, President Bobbitt is on record as saying the buyout is $12m, do we have any recording of this?
I think you just like to argue.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Porkette

Was this on Press Row?

I guess this show doesn't by any chance have any replay available online? I looked and didn't see a podcast or anything. I would be interested to hear it.
GO HOGS GO!