Started by 007 License To Squeal, November 12, 2017, 04:23:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Hawginj

Yes he is proven. BB was proven too! Gus is a name Bert is or was a name too! Gus is usually being called to get fired! Why? Because his fans have higher expectations than what hes producing. Why on earth do we want a retread coach that wants to leave for lower expectations? Are yall saying you want a coach that wants a big paycheck with lower expectations am I understanding this right? Because thats exactly what we've had the past 5 years! But hes a name ado its bound to work right?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hawginj on November 12, 2017, 05:01:22 pm
Yes he is proven. BB was proven too! Gus is a name Bert is or was a name too! Gus is usually being called to get fired! Why? Because his fans have higher expectations than what hes producing. Why on earth do we want a retread coach that wants to leave for lower expectations? Are yall saying you want a coach that wants a big paycheck with lower expectations am I understanding this right? Because thats exactly what we've had the past 5 years! But hes a name ado its bound to work right?

Gus is a proven SEC winner...BB was not....
..Gus is a retread? Really???
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hawginj

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 12, 2017, 05:06:29 pm
Gus is a proven SEC winner...BB was not....
..Gus is a retread? Really???
yes really!!! Anyone who would leave a situation like Auburn for less expectations and more job security is doing it just to draw a prolonged paycheck not win championships!

Hoggie17

Quote from: Hawginj on November 12, 2017, 05:13:26 pm
yes really!!! Anyone who would leave a situation like Auburn for less expectations and more job security is doing it just to draw a prolonged paycheck not win championships!
Are you saying we cannot get coach that wins more than he loses?

Hawginj

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 12, 2017, 06:10:23 pm
Are you saying we cannot get coach that wins more than he loses?
no not at all im just say Gus is not the guy to do it. If he's coming itll be to be Hooten all over again win just enough for extensions and pay raises.

jgcat4

Quote from: Hawginj on November 12, 2017, 05:13:26 pm

Totally in agreement with this statement. I feel like that's what this is all about. Gus is tired of taking the heat in Auburn and knows he can come back here and be welcomed like the prodigal son.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Hawginj

Quote from: jgcat4 on November 12, 2017, 06:14:49 pm
Totally in agreement with this statement. I feel like that's what this is all about. Gus is tired of taking the heat in Auburn and knows he can come back here and be welcomed like the prodigal son.
I don't know how people don't get that. Nobody should want a coach that wants to come here and coast until he retires a millionaire yet thats all i see.

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

HoopS

Same crap being projected here too. Suddenly Gus isn't about winning titles but about a paycheck and job security. Dude has enough money already. But he likes rings. Championship rings. And he loves Arkansas. I'm not sure he is coining but if he did, it would be to live up to Bielema's promise.

Besides - this segment of fans who go loco over Gus - you got your way last time and look where we are now.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 12, 2017, 04:23:57 pm
Hard to argue with that.

All the more reason for the Barners to make sure he stays there. If the new AD let him come here and he passed them in the SECW standings, how would that go over?

That win over UGA guaranteed he won't get axed this Dec. and his current team will be loaded in 2018 according to most observers.

So he will leave that behind due to geography to come to a team with no proven QB and a terrible defense  when he has a proven QB there and a Top 10 D?

I'll believe it when I see him on a podium calling the Hogs, not one second before.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Hawginj

Quote from: HoopS on November 12, 2017, 07:41:48 pm
Same crap being projected here too. Suddenly Gus isn't about winning titles but about a paycheck and job security. Dude has enough money already. But he likes rings. Championship rings. And he loves Arkansas. I'm not sure he is coining but if he did, it would be to live up to Bielema's promise.

Besides - this segment of fans who go loco over Gus - you got your way last time and look where we are now.
Does he? Thing about money the more you make its never enough. If we hire him and im wrong ill be the first to say so. Lol i didn't get my way but i have Bert the benefit of the doubt besides thats not how the world works we don't get a say in it so we have places like this.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: hamsam on November 12, 2017, 06:31:56 pm
Coaching bought players...

And can't win a championship with them.

But he would come here and do it, right?

hamsam

Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 12, 2017, 07:55:45 pm
And can't win a championship with them.

But he would come here and do it, right?

Evidently some people think so!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

PorkRinds

grayhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 12, 2017, 08:13:40 pm
Gus ain't coming here.
I agree he ain't coming here don't believe that stuff for a minute, he stays at Auburn for now

jimhog

Hogs had their chance with Malzahn some years back. He was the best coach in northwest Arkansas when he was at Springdale and the U of A coaches knew it and bad mouthed him/slandered him as the jealously surfaced. I doubt Gus would even take a look at us now.

HF#1

You might as well delete all Gus related threads. He's not leaving Auburn.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Been10Hog

Quote from: Hawginj on November 12, 2017, 06:22:19 pm
I don't know how people don't get that. Nobody should want a coach that wants to come here and coast until he retires a millionaire yet thats all i see.
You keep saying Gus would come here to coast. Do you know him? Doubt it...Why is it hard to understand someone who grew up in Arkansas, family still lives in Arkansas, was a walkon at Arkansas may have Arkansas as his dream job? I don't know if it's his dream job. I haven't asked him. But I do know him and know if he did come here it would be to try to win 12 games every year. Not settle for less "to coast". He isn't a "coaster"! Like many men he is driven to succeed! He might have Arkansas as his dream job, he might take it and he might fail. But I can promise you he wouldn't coast!!

Davidr295

Quote from: Been10Hog on November 13, 2017, 11:46:42 am
You keep saying Gus would come here to coast. Do you know him? Doubt it...Why is it hard to understand someone who grew up in Arkansas, family still lives in Arkansas, was a walkon at Arkansas may have Arkansas as his dream job? I don't know if it's his dream job. I haven't asked him. But I do know him and know if he did come here it would be to try to win 12 games every year. Not settle for less "to coast". He isn't a "coaster"! Like many men he is driven to succeed! He might have Arkansas as his dream job, he might take it and he might fail. But I can promise you he wouldn't coast!!

Dont even try with these people. They hate him for no reason. He could come and win mulitple titles and it still wouldnt matter to them. He is their obama to the right or trump to the left. Nothing he can do will change their minds.

Davidr295

If Gus had never been affiliated with Arkansas football ever and coached at any other SEC school they would be all over him to be the coach at Arkansas. That lets you know right now that its personal beef and not football related.

ipigsooie

Yes he is! And he will keep proving he is a winner at Auburn next year and for at least the near future.

arkfan81

Quote from: Davidr295 on November 13, 2017, 12:21:45 pm
If Gus had never been affiliated with Arkansas football ever and coached at any other SEC school they would be all over him to be the coach at Arkansas. That lets you know right now that its personal beef and not football related.

People are entitled to their own opinion as far as Gus goes. Being from Arkansas doesn't mean anything. Being a good fit and good coach is what's important.
Have faith...

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Davidr295 on November 13, 2017, 12:21:45 pm

No we wouldn't. We'd be looking at him wondering why he has had 5+ loss seasons the last 3 years with top 10 talent.

Dropkick

Here's the deal with Gus. Those who love Gus would push Saban out of line to move GM to the top of our list and those who detest him would take another turn with John L. before opting for Gus.