Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee

Started by hookshog, November 12, 2017, 10:55:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rhames

Quote from: woodhog14 on November 12, 2017, 12:34:07 pm
I'm saying that no one picked us to win it all. Nobody. That was what the original point to the post was.

I get that. But that isn't entirely correct.

You can't say "no one picked us" and then write off someone who did.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rhames on November 12, 2017, 12:36:04 pm
I get that. But that isn't entirely correct.

Didn't matter.  Too many senior impact defensive players from 2011 lost.  Not in chance in hell we would have come close. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rhames

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 12, 2017, 12:38:34 pm
Didn't matter.  Too many senior impact defensive players from 2011 lost.  Not in chance in hell we would have come close. 

I'm not saying we would have. I'm just saying it's incorrect to say no one in the media picked us to win the national championship in 2012.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 12, 2017, 11:15:33 am
If we compete with Tennessee for a potential coach, which school would the coach choose?
The last time that a coach was in that situation, he chose Arkansas.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

The gain I could see n hiring a new coach now even if he didn't coach the team until the end of this season is that it could change the December signing of recruits.  This December signing was not a good idea from the point of view that several coaches will sign new recruits and within 30 days won't be the coach.

Besides, Bret has no reason to hang on, or maybe he does.  He may know that Jeff Long is trying everything he knows how to do to save his job.  Jeff didn't lay out a disclaimer about the Buyout money as you might expect an AD to do.  Why let that 15 million buyout fester if you knew the actual amount was much less.  Answer is that Jeff loved the idea that the buyout was much lower than the fans believed but would be 15 mil, a very good reason to retain Bret.  Jeff doesn't see that not winning is a problem at this point.  I fully believe he will retain Bret if he can find a way to sell the idea to is superiors.

hog.goblin

Quote from: 12247 on November 12, 2017, 01:08:04 pm
The gain I could see n hiring a new coach now even if he didn't coach the team until the end of this season is that it could change the December signing of recruits.  This December signing was not a good idea from the point of view that several coaches will sign new recruits and within 30 days won't be the coach.

Besides, Bret has no reason to hang on, or maybe he does.  He may know that Jeff Long is trying everything he knows how to do to save his job.  Jeff didn't lay out a disclaimer about the Buyout money as you might expect an AD to do.  Why let that 15 million buyout fester if you knew the actual amount was much less.  Answer is that Jeff loved the idea that the buyout was much lower than the fans believed but would be 15 mil, a very good reason to retain Bret.  Jeff doesn't see that not winning is a problem at this point.  I fully believe he will retain Bret if he can find a way to sell the idea to is superiors.

So you want to hire an employed coach or one that just got fired?  And there are certainly some unemployed coaches I would be interested in.  I assume they aren't interested in us.

rhog1