Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Oklahoma @ Arkansas

Started by Cmheinley, October 25, 2017, 09:07:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmheinley

Friday, October 27th @ 7:00pm. Will there be any televised coverage for the game?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cmheinley on October 25, 2017, 09:07:46 am
Friday, October 27th @ 7:00pm. Will there be any televised coverage for the game?

No, just an exhibition. But I'm sure the SEC Network will be running a special on the bowel movements of Coach Calipari.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dawn2tusk

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Cmheinley

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 25, 2017, 09:18:41 am
No, just an exhibition. But I'm sure the SEC Network will be running a special on the bowel movements of Coach Calipari.

Haha. I can't wait to see these boys play! Looks like I may be listening using the TuneIn app. Thanks for the answer and WPS!

pghawg1

skinnypig

doubt there will be any TV coverage, I haven't seen any radio coverage either.  last year first exh. game was not broadcast at all.  I had to listen on the other teams website.

Cmheinley

ARSN doesn't cover exhibition games? If not that rules out TuneIn. I like your thought process on using the opposing team website though. Thanks for the tip!

jjdlc

Quote from: skinnypig on October 25, 2017, 10:39:21 am
doubt there will be any TV coverage, I haven't seen any radio coverage either.  last year first exh. game was not broadcast at all.  I had to listen on the other teams website.

Yeah, that sucked.  I can't believe our sports program can't figure out how to at least stream audio for these exhibitions.

GrizzlyRider07

Is there a way to buy tickets to the game
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Lots of talk about fiber intake in the off season.

factchecker

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on October 25, 2017, 07:19:38 pm

https://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AB17%3A01%3A&linkID=arkansas&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MBI&cgc=
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on October 25, 2017, 07:19:38 pm
If you show up you will more than likely be able to get free tickets from someone. If not you can buy them there.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

TheRazorback500

UCO has a pair of senior all-MIAA big guys and some experienced guards. It should be an entertaining game.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: jjdlc on October 25, 2017, 02:27:10 pm
Yeah, that sucked.  I can't believe our sports program can't figure out how to at least stream audio for these exhibitions.

I don't know why broadcast students aren't able to get some live action doing these games. Seems like a win win for all.

GuvHog

Quote from: skinnypig on October 25, 2017, 10:39:21 am

Friday being High School Football night with playoff bids on the line makes it difficult to broadcast a Hog exhibition game.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

skinnypig

Quote from: GuvHog on October 26, 2017, 02:08:42 pm
Friday being High School Football night with playoff bids on the line makes it difficult to broadcast a Hog exhibition game.
Not to mention they have to broadcast football from Ole Piss Sat. Morning.

Breems

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on October 25, 2017, 09:41:34 pm
If you show up you will more than likely be able to get free tickets from someone. If not you can buy them there.

I haven't been able to do that since the Pel days. Gonna try tomorrow, though
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

skinnypig

Officially no radio. Just the live statcast

jjdlc

Any idea if UCO has a radio broadcast or stream?  I'll listen to the enemy again if I have to.

skinnypig

Quote from: jjdlc on October 27, 2017, 06:24:14 am
Any idea if UCO has a radio broadcast or stream?  I'll listen to the enemy again if I have to.
no mention on their website they just had a link to the live stats

draftkings33

Dwight_K_Shrute

There are cheap tix to be had on Stub Hub as well.  I just got two lower level fees and everything included for $30 total.  It's row 1 right behind student section facing our bench around half court.

Very excited about this year and trying to go to as many as games as possible.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hoggish1

What's special about his bowel movements?

snf6278

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 27, 2017, 05:02:52 pm
What's special about his bowel movements?
You'd think he crapped gold bars the way they climb up his back side!

jjdlc

Looks like most of their games are broadcast by "1340 The Game". Out of OKC,  it's on iHeart radio, so Hopefully they are broadcasting it tonight.

rogersvillemohog

Just bought my ticket online. About to head down from Bentonville. Can't wait to see how the team looks.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

TomOfMyspace

Here's a link to 1340 the game in Oklahoma....not sure if the game will be on or not but here's hoping
https://www.iheart.com/live/1340-the-game-3066/?autoplay=true&pname=15400&campid=header&cid=index.html

The_Iceman

OMFG, Kentucky is on SEC Network!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 27, 2017, 06:45:03 pm
OMFG, Kentucky is on SEC Network!!!

I wasn't going to admit that I was watching a little bit of it but since you brought it up, yes oh my f'ing God KY on there again.
Hogs up! Covid down!

apcapri

TomOfMyspace

Barford with 15 Macon with 10 to lead the way. Hogs hold a slim REB edge 17-16

HOGINTENNESSEE

Bar ford 3-5 from 3. Hopefully that will become a strength this season for him

TexArkHogFan

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

3kgthog

Folks, don't buy tickets to these. Find a season ticket holder that's not going. Face value is $0 for exhibitions in their ticket pack. Don't get ripped off.

azhog10

Quote from: tncbg on October 27, 2017, 09:22:31 pm
62% from the free throw line won't work.
FT% will be lower this year. Gafford isn't a great FT shooter compared to Kingsley. Both he and Bailey went 4/12 combined. And we only missed 10 free throws.

Cmheinley

Quote from: tncbg on October 27, 2017, 09:22:31 pm
62% from the free throw line won't work.

I saw that too. Think we ended up shooting 17/27

The game actually got a little too close for comfort around the 3 minute mark COU went on a seven point run and had it well under 10.

mhuff

hogsmash12

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hogsmash12

Quote from: Kevin on October 27, 2017, 10:52:58 pm
78-66

Much appreciated Kevin...doesn't seem too impressive but with the guys on the bench I get it....but still..central oklahoma? really?

SPAL

Well, we didn't look great. But it was the first real action so I don't take much from it.

We have really good guards.

Gafford had a better 2nd half but he looks like a frosh. He has to get better at the line. Had a couple of nice moves inside and had a slam. He will get better. I'm not worried about it.

We miss Kingsley in the paint on defense. We have no rim protection or didn't tonight.

Seems like teams just always light it up from deep against us.

Looked like we only played 7 or 8. Cj, barford, Macon, gafford, beard, Trey, was the majority. Bailey played some and gabe O got a few minutes but unless I missed some, those first 6played nearly the whole game.

Beard looked mid season form and has some new hair.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 27, 2017, 11:38:44 pm
Well, we didn't look great. But it was the first real action so I don't take much from it.

We have really good guards.

Gafford had a better 2nd half but he looks like a frosh. He has to get better at the line. Had a couple of nice moves inside and had a slam. He will get better. I'm not worried about it.

We miss Kingsley in the paint on defense. We have no rim protection or didn't tonight.

Seems like teams just always light it up from deep against us.

Looked like we only played 7 or 8. Cj, barford, Macon, gafford, beard, Trey, was the majority. Bailey played some and gabe O got a few minutes but unless I missed some, those first 6played nearly the whole game.

Beard looked mid season form and has some new hair.
That's all we had is 7 or 8.. missing 4 guys that could all start for us

SPAL

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 27, 2017, 11:50:23 pm
That's all we had is 7 or 8.. missing 4 guys that could all start for us

I found out about Dustin and Darius after i posted. Gafford didn't play as much as I thought and Bailey plsyed more.

Iwastherein1969

I'd rather win like that than by 50 and the guys think they are better than they are along with the fans thinking the same thing. When Barford and Macon get it going in games that count, we'll be just fine.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: azhog10 on October 27, 2017, 09:24:37 pm
FT% will be lower this year. Gafford isn't a great FT shooter compared to Kingsley. Both he and Bailey went 4/12 combined. And we only missed 10 free throws.

We could see a bunch of "hack a Shaq" moments when the ball is delivered inside during close games.. hopefully DG and AB improve but I don't really expect them to ever be great FT shooters...