Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB is a disaster

Started by KennyForAD, September 17, 2017, 11:25:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Year 5 and he has one of the worst teams in Razorback history.  His O line couldn't stop a high school pass rush.  A couple years ago we could have beaten Bama.  Now we probably can't win a single conference game.   Disaster.

Duke of Swine

After watching LSU and Mizzou play, we MIGHT be able to beat them......

rtr

Quote from: Duke of Swine on September 17, 2017, 11:27:04 am
After watching LSU and Mizzou play, we MIGHT be able to beat them......
They are saying the same thing about the Hogs.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

HOGINTENNESSEE

This not winning a conference game stuff is absurd

hobhog

OP is on full agenda rampage. Refreshing take too. Very original.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I'm glad you started this thread.  We haven't had his point of view expressed before.

Some of you are like those slack-jawed idiots who beat their dog for peeing on the carpet.  Then, after an hour or two, you look at where he peed earlier, get mad again, and beat the dog some more.  Repeat ad nauseum. 

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

KennyForAD

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 17, 2017, 11:31:19 am
This not winning a conference game stuff is absurd

Can you really not see how bad our team is?   

rhames

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 11:37:10 am

Well we have only seen them twice and that was over a week ago. So yeah I don't think we know how bad or good we are

We could be better Saturday or we could look even worse. Big game coming up.

I know the sec as a whole has looked absolutely horrible though the first 3 weeks. Not just the hogs.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 11:37:10 am

We didn't look good. But to act like we will be that bad every single week is absurd.

We freaking lost to Toledo a couple of years ago and won 5 SEC games that same season. CBB's not a terrible coach in that he can't win games he is just unbelievably inconsistent and can't string together wins. Beat LSU one week lose to MSU the next. Beat Fl one week lose to Mizz 2 weeks later. Beat Ole Piss and LSU as top 10 teams and lose to Mizz.

I expect more of the same. Up and down

KennyForAD

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2017, 11:34:01 am
OP is on full agenda rampage. Refreshing take too. Very original.

No.  I'm just shocked.  I've watched this team play and can hardly believe my eyes.  This team is horrible.  If you can't see it, keep watching.  I just can't understand how its happened.  I like BB.  I want him to succeed.  But ...wow.  It is what it is.  Disaster

Steef

Quote from: The Chief on September 17, 2017, 11:35:49 am
I'm glad you started this thread.  We haven't had his point of view expressed before.

Some of you are like those slack-jawed idiots who beat their dog for peeing on the carpet.  Then, after an hour or two, you look at where he peed earlier, get mad again, and beat the dog some more.  Repeat ad nauseum.

You owe me a keyboard.  ;D

LZH

Quote from: The Chief on September 17, 2017, 11:35:49 am

While you enjoy your pee-soaked carpet,  we'll pine for the days when we were actually a good team.

KennyForAD

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 17, 2017, 11:42:19 am
We didn't look good. But to act like we will be that bad every single week is absurd.

We freaking lost to Toledo a couple of years ago and won 5 SEC games that same season. CBB's not a terrible coach in that he can't win games he is just unbelievably inconsistent and can't string together wins. Beat LSU one week lose to MSU the next. Beat Fl one week lose to Mizz 2 weeks later. Beat Ole Piss and LSU as top 10 teams and lose to Mizz.

I expect more of the same. Up and down

I didn't think we were bad after the Toledo loss.  That was a good team that had a bad game.  Very different.   This team is just bad.  Really bad.

PonderinHog

Hey, I have an original idea!

Let's kill Kenny!   >:(

Steef

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 17, 2017, 11:49:00 am
Hey, I have an original idea!

Let's kill Kenny!   >:(

Nah.

Let's applaud him for original thought.

HardCore

JL is the freakin' Disaster.  CBB is just the by-product of that disaster
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: LZH on September 17, 2017, 11:48:06 am
While you enjoy your pee-soaked carpet,  we'll pine for the days when we were actually a good team.

I'm pining for those days, as well.  I just don't feel the need to constantly start threads that bring nothing new of substance. 
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 11:48:31 am
I didn't think we were bad after the Toledo loss.  That was a good team that had a bad game.  Very different.   This team is just bad.  Really bad.

We will see. I see a lot of the same problems as the Toledo game. Missed FG, missed Redzone TDs. Defense's played well as far as limiting points but allowed the opposing offense to control the clock

Also keep in mind TCU is a much more talented team overall that Toledo was. IMO

Grumpypenguin

I'd rather have Mike Norvell over Bielema even if this thread is a troll.

KennyForAD

Quote from: rhames on September 17, 2017, 11:41:05 am

Well we have only seen them twice and that was over a week ago. So yeah I don't think we know how bad or good we are

I know the sec as a whole has looked absolutely horrible though the first 3 weeks. Not just the hogs.

Have you noticed that we cant pass block, at all?  Its year 5 and our offensive line is absurdly bad.  How did that happen?  I said after game one that you can't win with that line.  You just can't.  I thought we had a chance against TCU, but I was wrong.  No chance against any decent team. 

KennyForAD

Quote from: Grumpypenguin on September 17, 2017, 11:54:57 am
I'd rather have Mike Norvell over Bielema even if this thread is a troll.

Troll?  50 year Hog fan here.  Alum.  I've never bashed BB.  I like BB.  Hate that he has failed, but it is what it is.. a disaster.  If you cant see it I dont know what to tell you.

rhames

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 11:55:16 am
Have you noticed that we cant pass block, at all?  Its year 5 and our offensive line is absurdly bad.  How did that happen?  I said after game one that you can't win with that line.  You just can't.  I thought we had a chance against TCU, but I was wrong.  No chance against any decent team. 

I noticed everything you did. 

Online needs work. Receivers also need to get open.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

LZH

Quote from: The Chief on September 17, 2017, 11:51:28 am
I'm pining for those days, as well.  I just don't feel the need to constantly start threads that bring nothing new of substance. 

That is the problem Chief, we haven't seen anything new since Bielema got here..... mediocrity at its best.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: rhames on September 17, 2017, 11:59:31 am

Everyone who has watched football for more than a season has noticed it as well.  And most of them started threads about it.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: LZH on September 17, 2017, 12:00:16 pm
That is the problem Chief, we haven't seen anything new since Bielema got here..... mediocrity at its best.

Preaching to the choir, brother.

rhames

Quote from: The Chief on September 17, 2017, 12:01:20 pm
Everyone who has watched football for more than a season has noticed it as well.  And most of them started threads about it.

Guess I'm in the minority. Haha

KennyForAD

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 17, 2017, 11:51:30 am
We will see. I see a lot of the same problems as the Toledo game. Missed FG, missed Redzone TDs. Defense's played well as far as limiting points but allowed the opposing offense to control the clock

Also keep in mind TCU is a much more talented team overall that Toledo was. IMO

If the 2015 Hogs played Toledo ten more times they would have won all ten.  Just had a bad game.  The 2017 Hogs could never beat that Toledo team.

hobhog

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 11:44:09 am
No.  I'm just shocked.  I've watched this team play and can hardly believe my eyes.  This team is horrible.  If you can't see it, keep watching.  I just can't understand how its happened.  I like BB.  I want him to succeed.  But ...wow.  It is what it is.  Disaster

Keep screaming it and you will feel better.

Go Hogs. Beat the Aggies.

Grunt

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 11:44:09 am
Totally agree.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

KennyForAD

Quote from: rhames on September 17, 2017, 11:59:31 am

Online needs work. Receivers also need to get open.

We don't have the players.  Enos can coach.  He has nothing to work with.  No pass blocking.  No quality receiver.  Marginal QB.  Couple of young average RBs.    We simply have no talent.

LZH

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2017, 12:06:25 pm
Keep screaming it and you will feel better.

Go Hogs. Beat the Aggies.

I am hoarse and completely outta breath....besides, I think I hurt one of my nuts in the process. I don't feel any better.

hobhog

Quote from: LZH on September 17, 2017, 12:10:47 pm
I am hoarse and completely outta breath....besides, I think I hurt one of my nuts in the process. I don't feel any better.

Well you can't stop now! You still have a couple of years left.....

hobhog

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 12:10:18 pm
We don't have the players.  Enos can coach.  He has nothing to work with.  No pass blocking.  No quality receiver.  Marginal QB.  Couple of young average RBs.    We simply have no talent.

Wow.

KennyForAD

I hope I'm wrong.  Hope he can somehow turn it around.  But what I see is a train wreck.  Cant be fixed

KennyForAD

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2017, 12:13:54 pm
Wow.

Exactly.  Wow.  How did this happen? I thought BB was about to start rolling - not just...fall apart. 

rhames

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 12:10:18 pm

No excuse for the patch job that has been the oline

I don't think we know what we have at WR. If we are into week 6 or 7 and nothing has changed then yeah maybe there is a talent issue. Right now we don't have enough of a sample size to say either way.

We have seen what Austin can do when he has faith in his receivers.

And I totally just disagree with you on running back. If the passing game gets better they will have better opportunities.

MissippHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 12:15:01 pm
I hope I'm wrong.  Hope he can somehow turn it around.  But what I see is a train wreck.  Cant be fixed
Every time I see this I immediately think, "No you don't, you absolutely hope you are right."

Hoggie17

lakecityhog

Here's the problem as I see it, Kenny. We do have players, especially on the O'Line. BB screwed the pooch with his O'Line coach hire and sitting Ragnow thru almost all of the spring and a good part of the fall. This crap of cross training is absolutely killing us! Anderson may someday grow into a good O'Line coach and I hope he does.

We should have started the spring with the 4 returning starters, added a LT and practiced with ALL 5 of them til their tongues were dragging the ground! Let those 5 guys develop the cohesion necessary for a good O'Line to have to be a really good O'Line. Having your leader on the sidelines is the very 1st mistake that they made and I put that on BB.

We made the very same mistake with the receivers, all spring we heard about Cross and Jackson and others that "made plays" in the spring. We have 17 receivers on the roster and about all 17 saw practice time. Pick 5 guys and give them the bulk of the reps with the 1st team QB and 1st team offense. Again develop something between the QB and the receivers. Also, layoff trying to teach them every route, pick 2 maybe 3 routes per guy and teach them those routes til they can run them blindfolded!!!

And lastly, try to anticipate what the opponent is going to try to take away and exploit THAT!!! Quit trying to force a square peg into a round hole. 5 guys cannot open holes against 8 guys at ANY level, so take advantage of that. I'm not an offensive guru, truthfully HS ball O'Line was my top out, but I can see that if you spread the D from sideline to sideline with the receivers it has to help the O'Line.

Hit a couple of Outs, Curls and Slant routes and you force the D to adjust, backup a few yards and now the run game can actually have a chance. I cannot believe that Enos could not see that, hell he was a QB himself!

GuvHog

Quote from: rtr on September 17, 2017, 11:28:53 am
They are saying the same thing about the Hogs.

After getting beat the way they did yesterday, I seriously doubt they are saying anything about beating the Hogs.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

KennyForAD

Quote from: MissippHog on September 17, 2017, 12:29:32 pm
Every time I see this I immediately think, "No you don't, you absolutely hope you are right."

You are probably usually right about that, but not this time.  I love BB.  He's everything I want in a coach except that he is failing to field a competitive team. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 11:48:31 am

This is not a bad team.  They haven't been coached well and haven't responded.  He's lost the team.  This happened during the Auburn game last season, and he hasn't been able to right the ship and get them to respond. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 01:02:23 pm
You are probably usually right about that, but not this time.  I love BB.  He's everything I want in a coach except that he is failing to field a competitive team.

So you actually mean "he's everything you want in a human. He's just a bad coach."

DoubleReedHawgCaller

This is what's wrong with America today. Everyone wants to be all in their feelings. Knuckle up and use it for motivation if you don't like it. I'm not feeling sorry for anyone making the kinda money he's making for the results he's producing nor would I won't anyone  to feel the same for me if I was in the same position. 
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on September 17, 2017, 12:19:56 pm

No excuse for the patch job that has been the oline

I don't think we know what we have at WR. If we are into week 6 or 7 and nothing has changed then yeah maybe there is a talent issue. Right now we don't have enough of a sample size to say either way.

We have seen what Austin can do when he has faith in his receivers.

And I totally just disagree with you on running back. If the passing game gets better they will have better opportunities.

The O-Line isn't the problem. Re-watch the TCU game and count how many seconds AA holds the ball before getting Pressured or sacked. Any OC worth half of his salt will tell you that a QB should hold the ball no more than 3 to 3 and a half seconds. Any longer than that and it's too long. AA is trying really hard but he really hasn't been on his game this year nor have the receivers. If he can get on his game and they can get the passing game straightened out, everything else will fall into place.

menace_hawg3

Is this the troll ad-lib thread? I agree guys I'm sick of losing too. If he doesn't win this next game, he's done. 

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: GuvHog on September 17, 2017, 01:17:24 pm
The O-Line isn't the problem. Re-watch the TCU game and count how many seconds AA holds the ball before getting Pressured or sacked. Any OC worth half of his salt will tell you that a QB should hold the ball no more than 3 to 3 and a half seconds. Any longer than that and it's too long. AA is trying really hard but he really hasn't been on his game this year nor have the receivers. If he can get on his game and they can get the passing game straightened out, everything else will fall into place.

Guv,it also takes an open receiver........I didn't see many at all...they were slow, and at times, it seemed to me they just quit trying to get open.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

King Kong

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 17, 2017, 12:04:02 pm
If the 2015 Hogs played Toledo ten more times they would have won all ten.  Just had a bad game.  The 2017 Hogs could never beat that Toledo team.

This is not correct

GuvHog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 17, 2017, 01:20:29 pm
Guv,it also takes an open receiver........I didn't see many at all...they were slow, and at times, it seemed to me they just quit trying to get open.

I mentioned the receivers in that post you quoted. There seemed to be some confusion among the younger receivers. Hopefully they get that worked out.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: rhames on September 17, 2017, 11:41:05 am

Oh please don't say that Mr. Rhames, and can you enlarge that avatar picture please?