Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Christmas

Started by VBCHog, September 16, 2017, 02:42:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VBCHog

All I want for Christmas is Mike Gundy to be the Hogs new coach!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Mail your Christmas list to the North Pole and hold your breath until Christmas.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

VBCHog

I'll even settle for new years

BroyledNutts

Quote from: VBCHog on September 16, 2017, 02:42:30 pm

You'll take your Jeff Long replica leg lamp and be happy with it ....

ur

Fear the Arkansas Waterfall!

WorfHog

Remember when we freaked out that his name was mentioned before we hired CBB.

Good times.

hoggusamoungus

He's been the HC at his alma mater since 2005 and will make $4.2MM this year. Why would he leave?  You're gonna get a lump of coal in your stocking.

Redhogs

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on September 16, 2017, 03:45:04 pm
He's been the HC at his alma mater since 2005 and will make $4.2MM this year. Why would he leave?  You're gonna get a lump of coal in your stocking.
Yep...wanted to come here bad when we hired Bert...Long blew him off.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

VBCHog

Yeah what am I thinking, Long would never hire anyone with a mullett. He wouldnt be yankee enough

MuskogeeHogFan

Probably not happening short of he and Mike Holder getting into a fist fight at Gatsby's in Stillwater, which is where Mike hangs out after home games.

That said, still probably not happening, he used us last time to get a better deal and he loves being at Oklahoma State. T. Boone has provided him with a ranch (as a part of his deal) in the Stillwater area where he can take his family to hunt and fish.

It would take a great deal to move him out of Stillwater.
Go Hogs Go!

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

FutureMan

He was my first choice back in 2013.  He is a great coach.  He should be mentioned more often in the top coaches of college football.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

The Great Hambino

I'll take him as a later option if a few other choices don't pan out. This isn't the 80s. No one takes the guy with  the mullet to the dance as their first choice. You only go win him after Jessica, Kristen, Ashley, and Nicole got dates with all the other guys on the football team and it's either go with the one with the mullet or go with one of the losers on the lacrosse team.

sickboy

Hard to imagine it. Gundy's got a good situation at OSU. The only scenario that seems plausible, is that OSU gets screwed in some headline grabbing way by the playoffs committee after a really good year. Gundy sees the limitations of being in that conference and wants to try his hand at the SEC West.

Even then, Arkansas has to be looking at the right time. But I'd love to try Gundy out at Arkansas.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The Great Hambino on September 16, 2017, 04:01:43 pm
I'll take him as a later option if a few other choices don't pan out. This isn't the 80s. No one takes the guy with  the mullet to the dance as their first choice.

Gundy would be an excellent option because he is accustomed to not having the best recruiting classes and turning them into something better. But, he also has not had to face SEC West competition game-in and game-out and that is vastly different from that of the Big 12.

Can't see him throwing himself into the fire that is the SEC West when he doesn't have to. He can be a guy who is highly sought after on a national basis as long as he doesn't have to face the SEC West.
Go Hogs Go!

The Great Hambino

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 04:09:07 pm
Gundy would be an excellent option because he is accustomed to not having the best recruiting classes and turning them into something better. But, he also has not had to face SEC West competition game-in and game-out and that is vastly different from that of the Big 12.

Can't see him throwing himself into the fire that is the SEC West when he doesn't have to. He can be a guy who is highly sought after on a national basis as long as he doesn't have to face the SEC West.

If you played for the hogs in college and were the beloved head coach for the hogs and had zero hot seat as the coach, even though you never win the big one and regularly lose to Arkansas State every other year while still having no pressure from the boosters or even a hint of hot seat and get paid millions a year and can make really long runon sentences for fun and grow a mullet would you leave to go coach in a stronger conference?

Nope

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on September 16, 2017, 03:45:04 pm

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Gundy is a decent HC.  He loves balance in his offense.  Balance is wonderful but it also tends to mean that many seasons, you do not have a very superior O, just average running and passing.  .  I believe we must have Guy who will truly go be great throwing the ball or find a way to bring in the top Olinemen year after year.  To run the ball like we think we want to, takes superior Olinemen and we don't get those Guys.  SEC defenses, in most years, eat up average.  And Gundy has never provided a stalwart defense at OSU.  Sometimes pretty good but not championship caliber.

HognotinMemphis

He's a man! He's 40! or older now.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pig Worshipper

All I'm worried about right now is this season or, what I like to call,
The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The OTR

Grundy isn't going anywhere.