Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fired Jeff Long and hire Ken Hatfield AD

Started by elviscat, September 15, 2017, 11:35:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elviscat

We need someone who understands the meaning of Razorback football. The long legacy and the tradition of the program. JL, has moved all the Arkansas people out of the program leadership position. Ken, understands the program and knows how to get the best people here to serve that tradition.

PorkRinds

hawgwash

Ken's probably about 74 or 75 years old. I'm sure he's been spending a lot of time pondering his next career move.

phadedhawg

I love Hatfield but he's too old for this job. 

ricepig

Someone doesn't realize the new trend in AD's , look at who Florida and Alabama hired this past off season, they are old coaches.

jacobp

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 11:41:16 am
Someone doesn't realize the new trend in AD's , look at who Florida and Alabama hired this past off season, they are old coaches.
Scott Stricklin at FU has never coached anything. He was a media relations/marketing guy until Miss. State made him AD

RazorPiggie

Quote from: jacobp on September 15, 2017, 11:52:57 am
Scott Stricklin at FU has never coached anything. He was a media relations/marketing guy until Miss. State made him AD

Rice was being a smartarse.

RazorPiggie

ShadowHawg

The Hawg Marshal

I have no issue with Long leaving, but Hatfield as AD is not a good idea.

jacobp

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 11:58:59 am
Rice was being a smartarse.
Been hard to wade through the BS.

I'm surprised we haven't had our first "hire Nolan as AD" thread yet

RME

Quote from: elviscat on September 15, 2017, 11:35:05 am
We need someone who understands the meaning of Razorback football. The long legacy and the tradition of the program. JL, has moved all the Arkansas people out of the program leadership position. Ken, understands the program and knows how to get the best people here to serve that tradition.

So does David Bazzel!

#BazzelOrBust

Let's get that trending^^^

Next1_04

So people who love Petrino want Jeff Long fired, who hired Petrino?

ricepig

Seriously???

jacobp

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 15, 2017, 12:12:59 pm
Those darksiders refuse to give Long credit for the Petrino hire. He " fell into his lap", or some other bs along that line

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ricepig

I'd bet someone's last dollar that the next AD is a businessman first, it's a business/marketing job these days.

HawgTrough

WPS

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Redhogs

Can we stop with the CBP stuff...he has nothing to do with Bert's failure, he's been gone 6 freaking years. And yes, Long has made some poor hires and wanted to hire Jim Grobe when BP fell into his lap...do the research.

Redhogs

Can we stop with the CBP stuff...he has nothing to do with Bert's failure, he's been gone 6 freaking years. And yes, Long has made some poor hires and wanted to hire Jim Grobe when BP fell into his lap...do the research.

sickboy

Quote from: elviscat on September 15, 2017, 11:35:05 am

Ken doesn't understand what it takes to run an athletic program in 2017. He hasn't been involved in collegiate athletics in well over a decade. You could argue, based on what he accomplished at Rice, he hasn't really been involved in college athletics in 25 years.

You Einsteins realize that being an AD is a role that doesn't require you to understand the nuances of the 4-3 defense, or how a option offense is designed? It's a freaking business role. I'd honestly probably be a better AD than Hatfield. At least I have a track record in business, multi-million dollar contract negotiation and know how to piss off a fan base.

Redhogs

Quote from: sickboy on September 15, 2017, 12:22:38 pm
Ken doesn't understand what it takes to run an athletic program in 2017. He hasn't been involved in collegiate athletics in well over a decade. You could argue, based on what he accomplished at Rice, he hasn't really been involved in college athletics in 25 years.

You Einsteins realize that being an AD is a role that doesn't require you to understand the nuances of the 4-3 defense, or how a option offense is designed? It's a freaking business role. I'd honestly probably be a better AD than Hatfield. At least I have a track record in business, multi-million dollar contract negotiation and know how to piss off a fan base.
Correct..that's why this idiotic buyout is inexcuseable....horrible business decision.

threeNout

Next1_04

Quote from: Redhogs on September 15, 2017, 12:21:19 pm

Dang, getting fired up posted it twice. It's ok little guy calm down.

Dwight_K_Shrute

It's UF.

Irony is both those AD's came from MSU.  Greg Byrne who is now AD at Bama was the AD at State and Stricklin was his right hand and the media guy there.  Byrne hired Mullen, and John Cohen (BSB Coach).

When Byrne got hired at Arizona they promoted Stricklin to AD. Stricklin hired Rick Ray who was awful BBall coach, but followed that up by hiring Ben Howland.  Also responsible for hiring Coach Vic which turned out pretty well for them.

Both had a huge part in upgrading facilities at MSU.

Both are media savvy relatively young and do a good job with social media.  The final irony is after two successful hires with "new wave" AD's that did well and landed at top jobs because of their work at State, MSU reverted back to the old model and hired their baseball coach Cohen to replace Stricklin. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Athog

sickboy

Quote from: Redhogs on September 15, 2017, 12:25:53 pm
Correct..that's why this idiotic buyout is inexcuseable....horrible business decision.

I wouldn't have made that deal, but something had to be up that we don't know about for that deal to get made. On the plus side, the buyout isn't going to stop Arkansas from parting ways with Bielema.

hobhog

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 15, 2017, 12:20:21 pm
Long is Teflon.

His seat isnt even luke warm. Haters will stroke out long before he is fired....

jacobp

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 15, 2017, 12:28:27 pm
It's UF.

Irony is both those AD's came from MSU.  Greg Byrne who is now AD at Bama was the AD at State and Stricklin was his right hand and the media guy there.  Byrne hired Mullen, and John Cohen (BSB Coach).

When Byrne got hired at Arizona they promoted Stricklin to AD. Stricklin hired Rick Ray who was awful BBall coach, but followed that up by hiring Ben Howland.  Also responsible for hiring Coach Vic which turned out pretty well for them.

Both had a huge part in upgrading facilities at MSU.

Both are media savvy relatively young and do a good job with social media.  The final irony is after two successful hires with "new wave" AD's that did well and landed at top jobs because of their work at State, MSU reverted back to the old model and hired their baseball coach Cohen to replace Stricklin.
No, If you're a good Arkansas fan it's FU

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jcbville

Quote from: Redhogs on September 15, 2017, 12:21:19 pm

Good fortune smiled and he made the hire. The fact that good fortune presented itself and he was smart enough to take it doesn't diminish anything about it in anyway. Its how many good opportunities and decisions are made. Smart business men/women and successful people are always good at recognizing them and they are hardly ever planned. The "fell in his lap" excuse is only repeated by people who either never liked him (yankee), because he fired Bobby jesus, or a combination of both.