Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Allen

Started by LRHawg, September 14, 2017, 09:32:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronHog

Quote from: LRHawg on September 15, 2017, 12:43:09 pm
Rewatched it, As far as I can tell, Cantrell never even looks down to see where he is, although if you're running the route correctly you're probably not supposed to. Just one of many execution errors we made.

That stuff is just in your periphery when playing ball.

That second white line is weird.  Needs removed
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 12:46:46 pm
Cantrell is got to be smart enough to stay in bounds. that mistake may very well had cost us that game.he had a terrible game. can't have that.

Agree about staying in bounds but he did not have any worse game than anybody else on the offense and he didn't cost us the game on the one play.. we had many opps to score and didn't....

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 12:48:19 pm

That stuff is just in your periphery when playing ball.

That second white line is weird.  Needs removed

So the solid red 2 yard wide strip that is clearly out of bounds didn't clue him in, but the second white line threw him off? It isn't like he hasn't played numerous games, much less countless practices in the stadium. He drifted and he shouldn't have, you run precise routes for a reason, he screwed up and knows it, learn from it.

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 12:52:44 pm
So the solid red 2 yard wide strip that is clearly out of bounds didn't clue him in, but the second white line threw him off? It isn't like he hasn't played numerous games, much less countless practices in the stadium. He drifted and he shouldn't have, you run precise routes for a reason, he screwed up and knows it, learn from it.

The white stripe is usually reserved for the boundary......it hasn't always been the double line like they have now

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 12:58:17 pm
The white stripe is usually reserved for the boundary......it hasn't always been the double line like they have now

Since we put in turf it has.

IronHog

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 15, 2017, 12:39:21 pm
not sure but if that is a lineman to his right, he could have cut his way and maybe gotten in.. but Cantrell is wide open.. should have been a TD...
Yep, easy.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

PorkRinds

woodrow hog call

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 12:58:17 pm

I thought it was a touchdown, I was starting to celebrate, I had never paid attention to how it's marked up before. Look at how much red there is in the big block letters, then a little green, then more red at the back. I can easily see how confusing that could be when you are going all out for a pass, shouldn't happen I know, but it looks like we could make more clear with some better marking.

My seats were almost in line with the end zone on the west side, so he was running right toward us, and I thought he was ok because he was still on the red.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: LRHawg on September 14, 2017, 09:32:33 pm
Cut his hair! I'm calling it now, this team is going to beat aTm. Or not. At least maybe Austin is ready to play some ball.

Austin sounded a lot more of what a team leader should sound like.

The leader has to ready to shoulder a larger degree of the responsibility.  Austin did that.  Kudos to Austin for stepping up to the plate.  Too bad BB doesn't have the same amount of muster for himself.  At least I haven't heard it if he does.

And the hair cut looks good.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 01:42:12 pm
Well except for the guy that's already persuing him.

I think he meant yep easy TD if we execute the pass? not the run...

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 01:13:45 pm

******  Bobby

Yeah, Bobby screwed up the back of the end zone.....

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 02:50:54 pm
Yeah, Bobby screwed up the back of the end zone.....

It was a joke.  He had the turf installed.

Remember the angry turf guy 😆

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 02:52:16 pm

It was a joke.  He had the turf installed.

Remember the angry turf guy 😆

I know he did, I figured I'd throw that out so someone would say, "I don't know about that, but he screwed someone in the end zone". Ponderin must be on vacation.

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 02:54:30 pm
I know he did, I figured I'd throw that out so someone would say, "I don't know about that, but he screwed someone in the end zone". Ponderin must be on vacation.

I missed the softball

hawginbigd1

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 14, 2017, 09:50:40 pm
I appreciate his honesty and self-awareness when assessing his own performance.

"I'm looking for things to get open instead of throwing it open, where last year I was just letting it rip. There's the trust factor where I've got to trust them to get open."

"I don't think I'd been throwing the deep ball any better than I had in fall camp where I was just letting it rip. Going into the game, I overthrew the first one and got into my head where I can't overthrow this one, so I tried to place the next few and they fell short."

"I'm just putting too much pressure on myself where I want to be perfect on every play. No one's perfect. No one's going to grade out at 100. I'm not going to hit the big play every single time. I've got to let things come to me, get the ball out of my hands. Instead of trying to be perfect on every throw, just throw the ball."
He might be spot on here, not acceptable for a 5th year SR however! I am starting to wonder if the first 5 or 6 games was an aberration and the last 7 or so is who he is and that is just not very good. This is big boy football people are not going to be running free all the time, but hell he can't hit them when they are!

LRHawg

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 15, 2017, 12:47:02 pm
why, Cantrell hasn't dropped any passes and TCU thinks he may be for blocking,  they know O'Grady is for pass plays... should have been a TD.. AC just made a costly mistake...

Because they cover the TE anyways and CJ is the better receiver. We weren't fooling anyone.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: LRHawg on September 16, 2017, 10:08:09 am
Because they cover the TE anyways and CJ is the better receiver. We weren't fooling anyone.

he was wiiiide open...fooled somebody...

HogsonHicks

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 11:36:15 am
It's nice that AA said all those things.but the bottom line is talk will not get it anymore.SHOW ME!Austin has not played well in any of these 2 games.and made some bad throws and decisions in that TCU game. hogs were trailing 14 to 7,late in the 3rd. and he made a real bad decision inside the 5 yard line.he throws that pass to Cantrell,yea it was Cantrell fault he went out of bounds.but Austin could and should have run that ball in.it was wide open.he could have walked in.that decision was bad.that would have tied the game at 14. instead we try and kick a short FG that was no good.this decision changed the game.AA has not only got to start playing a lot better. he has got to start making better decisions.

Allen owned his mistakes and poor performance and gave a very honest and self-critical interview.  Why pile on? 

TeufelHog

We are too "2-Dimensional."  Know how we beat TCU last weekend?  AA puts his team on his back and uses his wheels to get down the field.  EVERY TEAM IN THE SEC KNOWS Arkansas' QB will not run the ball out of the pocket so they don't respect the threat.  So many times both Brandon and Austin could have changed the momentum of multiple games with their legs . . . AND HAVE THE ABILITY/SPEED . . . but the coaches won't tolerate it due to fear of injury.  News Flash, it's AA's senior season.  We have the so called "Franchise" as QB2, who is more than capable to take over at any time.  Time for the coaching staff to allow AA to use those wheels to bring that "3-Dimension" into our arsenal.

Pork Ranger

AA is a smart kid and can be a great quarterback. I really think he'd be successful in an offense where he can make more reads at the line of scrimmage and change the play in the set we are already in. We appear to be so predictable and I'd just really like to see AA have one or two options with the set we are in given the look of the defense.

Why can't we do this??

redneckfriend

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 16, 2017, 10:05:43 am
He might be spot on here, not acceptable for a 5th year SR however! I am starting to wonder if the first 5 or 6 games was an aberration and the last 7 or so is who he is and that is just not very good. This is big boy football people are not going to be running free all the time, but hell he can't hit them when they are!

He said pretty much what I would have said. My problem would be I can't do anything about it and I'm beginning to believe that is his problem as well. You watch Rosen throw a 20 yard rope to a guy covered like a blanket and place it in the prefect spot and you realize that confidence comes with knowing you can execute, not wondering if you can.