Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I missed listening to DTS today herd Dan Enos called in

Started by forrest city joe, September 14, 2017, 09:19:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 12:41:31 pm
Clary hasn't really been the issue. Both tackle spots are iffy.

Want me to link some film of Jamaal Anderson destroying BBs OT at Whisky?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hoglady

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 12:40:40 pm

Lots of the best athletes seem to struggle in BBs system.

Something's off with that.
Can't believe that the 4* linemen sitting the bench were all misses.
Patton and O'Grady sure seem to be the better Tight Ends.
Hammonds never touches the ball.
Some of the absolute best athletes have been pushed out of the program.
I know - some of those guys weren't doing things the right way / but were their missteps so egregious that it couldn't have been worked out?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

IronHog

Quote from: hoglady on September 15, 2017, 12:47:18 pm
I know - some of those guys weren't doing things the right way / but were their missteps so egregious that it couldn't have been worked out?

B1G approach

ricepig

IronHog

forrest city joe

4 star offensive Linemen sitting on the bench.while we start a blue shirt who was a walk on. a former D-Linemen. and a walk on.i don't care what some do in practice. if they can't get the job done in games,what good is it?

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 12:55:59 pm
4 star offensive Linemen sitting on the bench.while we start a blue shirt who was a walk on. a former D-Linemen. and a walk on.i don't care what some do in practice. if they can't get the job done in games,what good is it?

So, they are purposely tanking their 6 and 7 figure salaries by playing inferior players, who knew it?

onebadrubi

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 11:36:08 am

I watched them bumble around half last year then finally put Gibson in and he road grades Fla and Miss St in his first few games.....

If they'd started Wallace at RT they'd have rushed much better vs TCU but gotta play the latest chosen one..

Your argument is crap.  To support your argument for why Wallace should start because you "assume" he is better you use the evidence that last year we used a walk on to better a seasoned vet that was highly recruited coming out of high school. 

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 01:03:31 pm
So, they are purposely tanking their 6 and 7 figure salaries by playing inferior players, who knew it?

I think they waste a lot of time with BS like Hoganese instead of just teaching kids some football plays and fundamentals.

IronHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 15, 2017, 01:07:39 pm
Your argument is crap.  To support your argument for why Wallace should start because you "assume" he is better you use the evidence that last year we used a walk on to better a seasoned vet that was highly recruited coming out of high school. 

They've jack around the line the past 3 off seasons with similar results. 

You could hand this staff the cowboys starting OL and they'd have the center at tackle, one guy would never be seen again, and a 270lbs walk on in there somewhere......

PorkRinds

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 01:08:45 pm
I think they waste a lot of time with BS like Hoganese instead of just teaching kids some football plays and fundamentals.

What in he actual hell?  Teaching them the language of the play calls is a waste of time? Some of y'all are ate up with it.

al_pigcino

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 12:14:32 pm

Which goes to show how utterly worthless those lists can be....

I've watched nearly ever snap the kids played and zero of that is justified.
You've been watching wrong then. 

IronHog

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 15, 2017, 02:32:54 pm
You've been watching wrong then. 

Your opinion of an all-SEC lineman and mine are far different

IronHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 01:48:00 pm
What in he actual hell?  Teaching them the language of the play calls is a waste of time? Some of y'all are ate up with it.

When your NFL bodies are on the bench in favor of scout team bodies something is broken......

onebadrubi

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 02:51:07 pm
When your NFL bodies are on the bench in favor of scout team bodies something is broken......

You are clueless.

Recruiting people said raulerson was top notch yet he got beat by a walk on for starting job.  But your agenda is to trash this staff so you fabricate something to bash them for

IronHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 15, 2017, 02:59:46 pm
You are clueless.

Recruiting people said raulerson was top notch yet he got beat by a walk on for starting job.  But your agenda is to trash this staff so you fabricate something to bash them for

I don't care what they say he was too small.

On no planet should Froholt and Raulerson have started one game ahead of Gibson......same thing this year second verse.

They ran Ollison off too and he was a true athletic freak......at some point you just have to admit this staff can't get kids coached up and on the field unless they are self starters.

al_pigcino

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 02:49:09 pm

Your opinion of an all-SEC lineman and mine are far different
Easy now, you're completely throwing random terms around to get around the fact that he's a decent guard.  I simply showed his accolades.  He's a good guard.  He's apparently not good at blocking your agenda though. 

factchecker

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 03:05:02 pm
They ran Ollison off too and he was a true athletic freak......at some point you just have to admit this staff can't get kids coached up and on the field unless they are self starters.

If Ollison was anywhere near what you say he was then he would have transfered to Memphis or jonesboro or UCA...... but he didn't.  Ollison transferred to Henderson State and played on the defensive line. Regardless, you can still play in the NFL even if you are at a DII school.  Ollison is surely in the NFL with all his athletic talents...... right?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

IronHog

Quote from: factchecker on September 15, 2017, 03:10:24 pm
If Ollison was anywhere near what you say he was then he would have transfered to Memphis or jonesboro or UCA...... but he didn't.  Ollison transferred to Henderson State and played on the defensive line. Regardless, you can still play in the NFL even if you are at a DII school.  Ollison is surely in the NFL with all his athletic talents...... right?

All the staff talked about was his athleticism then the bad Grady, good Grady stuff started.  Sure the kid gave up and quit.

They can't get their best players to buy in and get on the field.  Now the entire team has given up and quit.

IronHog

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 15, 2017, 03:09:39 pm
Easy now, you're completely throwing random terms around to get around the fact that he's a decent guard.  I simply showed his accolades.  He's a good guard.  He's apparently not good at blocking your agenda though. 

Lee Ziemba was all SEC and couldn't pass block at all.

All-teams are mostly name recognition contests

RazorPiggie

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 01:03:31 pm
Would Drew Morgan ever have got of the field if not for all the players lost at WR that year?he was getting almost no playing time.i think they want to win.but i also think they are stubborn as hell.and that they favorites with some players in my opinion.C Jackson is no better than Brian Wallace from what i have seen.and Ty Clary. some of their decisions are killing this program.and it may end up getting them fired. Clary came out of no where and is in the starting lineup.REALLY?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 12:55:59 pm

So if they can't get it done in practice we need to put them in a game? Got it. Thanks Coach.

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 03:53:50 pm
Would Drew Morgan ever have got of the field if not for all the players lost at WR that year?he was getting almost no playing time.i think they want to win.but i also think they are stubborn as hell.and that they favorites with some players in my opinion.C Jackson is no better than Brian Wallace from what i have seen.and Ty Clary. some of their decisions are killing this program.and it may end up getting them fired. Clary came out of no where and is in the starting lineup.REALLY?

He scored the first TD in 2015, he was in the rotation before the injuries hit.

al_pigcino

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 03:17:16 pm

Lee Ziemba was all SEC and couldn't pass block at all.

All-teams are mostly name recognition contests
He was drafted.  So apparently the NFL goes by names as well?

factchecker

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 15, 2017, 04:04:20 pm

NFL is for "loosers and medicorityty".

Ollison >>>>>> Ziemba
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

forrest city joe

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 03:55:26 pm
So if they can't get it done in practice we need to put them in a game? Got it. Thanks Coach.
Some guys look great in practice,and can't play a lick when the game starts.you going to keep running them out there. it means you learned nothing from Cole Hedlund.he out kicks everyone in practice.but can't get it done in games.former Arkansas QB Matt Jones,was a terrible practice player from what i hear. yet he was a great player in the real games.practice is not be all end all.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 04:07:24 pm
Some guys look great in practice,and can't play a lick when the game starts.you going to keep running them out there. it means you learned nothing from Cole Hedlund.he out kicks everyone in practice.but can't get it done in games.former Arkansas QB Matt Jones,was a terrible practice player from what i hear. yet he was a great player in the real games.practice is not be all end all.

I bet Hedlund isn't out there next Saturday. And I've never thought he was the answer at FG kicking. He looks like he is 13 years old out there.

Matt was terrible in practice because you don't scramble for your life in practice.

forrest city joe

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 04:32:51 pm
I bet Hedlund isn't out there next Saturday. And I've never thought he was the answer at FG kicking. He looks like he is 13 years old out there.

Matt was terrible in practice because you don't scramble for your life in practice.
Hedlund had shown in past years that he could not handle game pressure.so coach B and staff have had 2 years to get someone else.yet he kept running this young man out there.the kid can't handle game pressure.practice is not a game.same goes for some other players.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

forrest city joe

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 15, 2017, 06:44:24 pm
We talkin bout practice?
Yep! they can talk about practice all they want. but when game pressure strts,can they handle it? some players can,and some can't.(see Hedlund)the players that can't don't need to be in the game.coaches need to wake up to the fact of game pressure.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 06:16:44 pm
Hedlund had shown in past years that he could not handle game pressure.so coach B and staff have had 2 years to get someone else.yet he kept running this young man out there.the kid can't handle game pressure.practice is not a game.same goes for some other players.

To be fair McFain had replaced Hedlund until he got injured last year. I don't fault them for starting Hedlund this year but I sure would have liked to have seen someone else on the second FG.

Arky

Quote from: hoglady on September 15, 2017, 12:04:06 pm
Maybe because he believes in Mike Anderson - and believes with Justice and the other Hawks going to the hill they can become a special team for the University of Arkansas program.
Or maybe he just loves the University of Arkansas.
Why did Larry Bird play for Indiana St??
bird went to Indiana to play for knight as a freshman then transferred to Indiana st......he hated bobby knight

IronHog

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 15, 2017, 04:04:20 pm

Drafted, had a cup of coffee and sent home to teach chop blocks to pee wee teams I'd guess

kodiakisland

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 15, 2017, 06:38:26 am
Dan Enos is one of the biggest myths in Razorback football history. He is widely considered a great OC but has been historically bad in red zone efficiency. He has only had 1 team in the top 25 of red zone scoring in his entire career.

Yes. He is thought of as a great OC.  One of the best in the country.

He may very well be, but how do we know? What seperates the best from the average?  What numbers are important? Where is the proof?

He seems like a decent coach, but I've yet to see numbers that matter that tell me he's great.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hogginbama

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 09:16:35 am
I don't get to see what the coaches see everyday but I think they are just throwing a couple of guys out there just to piss Hogville off. I'm certain of that.

I talked to a friend in Wisconsin, who has a friend that lives next to the lady who has a friend that cleans the house of Barry Alvarez. This friend has it on good authority that CBB and staff are doing this on purpose. The plan is to have the weak teams in the SEC be even weaker in order to hurt the ranking of Alabama so they don't make the playoffs. This would make it easier for the B1G to win a playoff again.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hogginbama

It could have been that the issues we have heard about with some of those "better" players were not the 1st or 2nd time they have had issues. How many of them had missteps that we never heard about?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 07:53:29 am
It's pretty obvious certain players get to play through mistakes and others are not.

Can't bash players but Froholt was no where near a SEC lineman last year and was deemed untouchable starter.

I totally agree with that.  Seems like some of our OLM can grab, trip, hold, clip and miss blocks and never find their butts on the bench. 

nwahogfan1

Seem like CBB at Wisconsin had some pretty good coaches under him who went on the be head coaches but while at here at the UA he is firing coaches and not promoting them.    He is doing a pretty poor job of hiring coaches here.

kodiakisland

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 15, 2017, 11:35:55 pm
Seem like CBB at Wisconsin had some pretty good coaches under him who went on the be head coaches but while at here at the UA he is firing coaches and not promoting them.    He is doing a pretty poor job of hiring coaches here.

I think Alvarez may have had more to do with his success than anyone imagined.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 02:51:07 pm

Maybe the NFL bodies aren't NFL bodies or work ethic isn't there or maybe you simply don't know anything about evaluating offensive linemen. Just like you don't know how to evaluate a region geographically.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: go hogues on September 15, 2017, 08:11:29 am
He felt a calling to mentor young men in inner city Little Rock. I've never heard anything but positive things about the man. I've seen grown men cry talking about the relationships they've had with him. He's done well at Arkansas Baptist college.

Never said he hasn't helped a lot of young men. He is without a doubt a good positive person and done well. But he was not a great head coach. One doesn't have to be to be a good person with good mentoring skills.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

September 16, 2017, 05:18:46 am #92 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:11:13 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 15, 2017, 11:26:00 am
Winning at San Jose is like trying to win at Iowa State. Do you think you could have won at San Jose?

No but I never was a head coach at a decently large college just like you probably weren't. Great coaches generally win. Not necessarily big time win numbers all the time but wins never the less. My son lives in San Jose. I've been to the SJS area, campus and stadium. Yes it would be hard to win there but IF he was so great as a coach then he should have. After all their main competition has no better facilities for the most part. Their overall record historically is close to but not quite .500. So therefore it is not impossible to win there. They have had their troubles winning recently though except when Mike Macintyre was there. In three years he turned them around then promptly left for CU.

Seebs

I sentence  I have never uttered - 'I missed listening to DTS'.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 14, 2017, 09:19:57 pm
What did he say about how bad this offense is? and what are they going to do about ot? any OL changes coming up?got home late today,and did not get to listen.

did you call in Joe?

I like listening to your calls

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 15, 2017, 11:35:55 pm
his original DC, Chris Ash, was good enough for Ohio State -who can hire just about anybody they want-to hire him away from Ark and now Ash is head coach at Rutgers. 

Randy Shannon is now the DC at Florida.  I had hoped he would stay at Arkansas and also help with recruiting.

Chaney and Pittman are now at Georgia.  Kirby Smart got his first HC gig and he immediately turned to one of them (I cant remember which one) to come help him and then the other followed after working at Pitt.  Smart and Georgia could have hired many folks but he chose them, so BB has had some good coaches around him. I wonder if they don't like working for BB cause BB meddles and takes over when he should leave them be and let them do the job he hired them to do.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 16, 2017, 12:35:34 pm
his original DC, Chris Ash, was good enough for Ohio State -who can hire just about anybody they want-to hire him away from Ark and now Ash is head coach at Rutgers. 

Randy Shannon is now the DC at Florida.  I had hoped he would stay at Arkansas and also help with recruiting.

Chaney and Pittman are now at Georgia.  Kirby Smart got his first HC gig and he immediately turned to one of them (I cant remember which one) to come help him and then the other followed after working at Pitt.  Smart and Georgia could have hired many folks but he chose them, so BB has had some good coaches around him. I wonder if they don't like working for BB cause BB meddles and takes over when he should leave them be and let them do the job he hired them to do.

all good points

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Lanny on September 14, 2017, 09:28:54 pm
I didn't hear Enos but I like listening to Coach Fitz Hill

I posted this in another thread, but I heard Fitz Hill put a very interesting perspective on TCU, Gary Patterson and recruiting.  Fitz said that a lot of coaches in college football and the SEC in particular try to recruit the best football players they can--4 and 5 star players, but Gary Patterson recruits, in Fitz's words not mine, "4 and 5 star ATHLETES."  Then he teaches and develops them to play they way HE wants them to play.

Hill said that Patterson knows he cannot compete with Tex, A$M, OU for the elite football players, so he looks for the best athlete he can get and he knows how to teach and develop them. 

It made really good sense and was a very interesting perspective from another college coach.