Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fans need to stop complaining about Bielema and ride this storm out

Started by Piggie Smalls, September 14, 2017, 08:15:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggie Smalls

And I'm not the world's biggest Bielema fan (or Hogs fan, for that matter). I just think it's pointless to call for the man to be fired when we all know he's not going anywhere, this year at least. It's become crystal clear at this point that next season is going to be a make-or-break year for Bielema, so until then all Hogs fans need to just relax. This team is trash from top to bottom, especially the kicking game. Fans just gotta ride it out this year and next season will be the year for either vast improvement (think New Year's Day bowl) or a change. And people act like they can get anybody to coach up on the Hill, this ain't the 60's, we're a middle-of-the-pack (at best) SEC team, and that's all we're ever gonna be, at least for the forseeable future. Don't worry, Hogs are still gonna go to a bowl game, but other than that we should just look forward to next year.

grayhawg

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on September 14, 2017, 08:15:18 pm
And I'm not the world's biggest Bielema fan (or Hogs fan, for that matter). I just think it's pointless to call for the man to be fired when we all know he's not going anywhere, this year at least. It's become crystal clear at this point that next season is going to be a make-or-break year for Bielema, so until then all Hogs fans need to just relax. This team is trash from top to bottom, especially the kicking game. Fans just gotta ride it out this year and next season will be the year for either vast improvement (think New Year's Day bowl) or a change. And people act like they can get anybody to coach up on the Hill, this ain't the 60's, we're a middle-of-the-pack (at best) SEC team, and that's all we're ever gonna be, at least for the forseeable future. Don't worry, Hogs are still gonna go to a bowl game, but other than that we should just look forward to next year.
Missouri, V Tech and TCU games sunk the ship so far as I'm concerned.

lakecityhog

Obviously you are NOT a Razorback fan, my guess is Wolf?? This team is not trash and please leave "we" out of your posts!

kodiakisland

If we dont make a bowl and there's a season six, things will be far uglier than anything Nutt related.  Nobody is looking forward to anything anymore.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

JaketheSnake

Quote from: kodiakisland on September 14, 2017, 08:36:38 pm
If we dont make a bowl and there's a season six, things will be far uglier than anything Nutt related.  Nobody is looking forward to anything anymore.
Agreed.  JL will have every right to can CBB if we dont make a bowl game this year.  But will he?

Porkchop#1

You'll have to bear with us, not many Hog fans know how to deal with this 5 year long Hurricane Bert, certainly lots of hot air blowing around but the minimal damage to our opponents, has resulted in a rapidly developing high pressure front stalling over NWA.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

EastexHawg

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 14, 2017, 08:18:54 pm
The more noise from fans, the more pressure, the bigger chance he'll leave on his own.

Exactly.  The fan revolt absolutely played a part in Nutt leaving. 

Hoggish1

johnny cash

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 14, 2017, 08:38:15 pm
Agreed.  JL will have every right to can CBB if we dont make a bowl game this year.  But will he?
no.

Switchback

The more noise from fans, the more pressure, the bigger chance he'll leave on his own.

I believe CBB has worked hard, not embarrassed the university, brought in the type of players that are good representatives and will leave the program in better shape.

In the end if he doesn't cut it then we will part ways.  He has earned the right not to be smeared.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 14, 2017, 09:19:07 pm
Saturday was embarrassing.

Yes.  However we don't know how the season is going to play out yet.  What if TCU goes 10-2?  Will it seems so embarrassing then?  Of course they may go 5-7 but we don't know that yet.  Just the second game of the year and TCU picked up easy points at the end of a close game.

I'm not ready to jump off yet.  I'm extremely disappointed but I'll wait and see how the season goes.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 14, 2017, 08:43:03 pm
You'll have to bear with us, not many Hog fans know how to deal with this 5 year long Hurricane Bert, certainly lots of hot air blowing around but the minimal damage to our opponents, has resulted in a rapidly developing high pressure front stalling over NWA.
however it is resulting in a temperate depression.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

lasthog

Quote from: Switchback on September 14, 2017, 09:16:32 pm
I believe CBB has worked hard, not embarrassed the university, brought in the type of players that are good representatives and will leave the program in better shape.

In the end if he doesn't cut it then we will part ways.  He has earned the right not to be smeared.

Lot's of luck with that.

Switchback

010HogFan

The only way we would make a New Years Day bowl next year is if they would start getting Cole Kelley some meaningful experience now. AA is a shell of his former self. Might as well start prepping for the next era. or else we'll be starting all over next year at quarterback and that'll be the prevailing excuse.

VirginiaHog

bondhue

This train is hurtling full throttle down a steep mountain with sharp switchbacks at midnight under a cloud filled sky.  Old Charlie stole the handle and the train it won't stop going, no way to slow down.

Cue flute music.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

PorkSoda

lol, if he leaves on his own, he owes the university 4 million dollars.  if he gets fired, the university owes him 15 million dollars.

you do the math.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Swestwill66

I've worked with real likable guys before that just couldn't get the job done.Bret is a likable guy that can't get this job done.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Porkchop#1

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on September 14, 2017, 09:24:51 pm
Yes.  However we don't know how the season is going to play out yet.  What if TCU goes 10-2?  Will it seems so embarrassing then?  Of course they may go 5-7 but we don't know that yet.  Just the second game of the year and TCU picked up easy points at the end of a close game.

I'm not ready to jump off yet.  I'm extremely disappointed but I'll wait and see how the season goes.
If I was gonna guess, I'd say pretty much like the last 4 have. Maybe he is...who we thought he was!

But of course, there is a chance CBB wakes up tomorrow and has suddenly turned into Nick Saban or Bare Bryant or Woody Hayes or Bobby Bowden or Lou Holtz or HootN Nutt or gulp...Barry Alvarez.

sowmonella

There were multiple embarrassing instances on national TV last year... hell the last 5 years.

Fire the worthless POS already... I saw this coming years ago. 

He sucks as a coach.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Rudy Baylor

excellent post

thank you sir

Not NO, but Hell NO.  Enough is enough.  We have given this man AMPLE time to at least establish a concept and attitude of a refusing to be denied team.  One that plays its rear off in victory and defeat.  He just don't have what it takes or if he does, he refuses to use it.  Either way,he isn't worth the heartache.  Send him packing.

Locutus_of_Boar

It's become crystal clear at this point that next season is going to be a make-or-break year for Bielema, so until then all Hogs fans need to just relax.

Setting personalities aside here are the facts:

Nine Arkansas coaches have coached 5 or more years at Arkansas:  Hugo Bezdek, Francis Schmidt, Fred Thompsen, Frank Broyles, Lou Holtz, Ken Hatfield, Danny Ford, Houston Nutt, and Bret Bielema.

Only three made it past year seven and two of those, Thompsen and Nutt had ugly ends.

None before Bielema had substantially improved performance in years 5 and beyond than they did in years 1-4.  In fact all except Schmidt and Hatfield did notably worse and both Schmidt and Hatfield ended up leaving the program of their own choice.

Fact is there is an overwhelming certainty that Arkansas coaches show what they have or don't have in their first four years.  The wait till next year mentality is legitimate after year one or two but is laughable by years 5-6-7.

jkstock04

Hey look everyone...another poster who can see the future! Hogs are going to a bowl game 100% for sure. Lol

I still laugh thinking about prior to the season Vegas put us at over/under 6 wins this year. People just couldn't fathom why Vegas would put us at 6 wins! Crazy talk they said!

"Sure thing" was the Hogs over 6. Wonder how people who made that bet feel about it today?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

codeHog

it is a sad and painful time for Arkansas football

Bielema has had everything we needed except backing up his word (and too many losses)

He is the only one that could have taken steps to have won the last 4 games in a row.
Just a handful of plays and we are worried we can hold on to him.....but he could not get his players to pull it off.
Maybe he wins out and makes us look like fools but something keeps breaking and he can not get it fixed.

I feel really low just talking about it BUT he keeps acting all positive and seems to bristle when confronted with facts instead of apologizing and changing his ways
Cocky when you are on the ground on your back is not a good look

HardCore

Quote from: 12247 on September 14, 2017, 10:15:53 pm
Not NO, but Hell NO.  Enough is enough.  We have given this man AMPLE time to at least establish a concept and attitude of a refusing to be denied team.  One that plays its rear off in victory and defeat.  He just don't have what it takes or if he does, he refuses to use it.  Either way,he isn't worth the heartache.  Send him packing.
Teams typically take on the demeanor of their leadership.  This one is falling right in line.  If you don't take on a winning attitude, neither will they.  If the expectations are not made that we will fight to the end of the Earth for victory, then you never meet it.  You just get Dopey on the sideline looking out on the field with a blank stare into space.  When you have an AD that isn't passionate about a winning program, you don't get one.  Neither CBB or JL carry a winning demeanor.  It's over......dump them both and move on.  I have 0 respect for either of them.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

ChitownHawg

Keep smoking that pipe.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

There were multiple embarrassing instances on national TV last year... hell the last 5 years.

Fire the worthless POS already... I saw this coming years ago. 

He sucks as a coach.

And you suck as a fan, so there is that.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on September 14, 2017, 10:47:49 pm
Setting personalities aside here are the facts:

Nine Arkansas coaches have coached 5 or more years at Arkansas:  Hugo Bezdek, Francis Schmidt, Fred Thompsen, Frank Broyles, Lou Holtz, Ken Hatfield, Danny Ford, Houston Nutt, and Bret Bielema.

Only three made it past year seven and two of those, Thompsen and Nutt had ugly ends.

None before Bielema had substantially improved performance in years 5 and beyond than they did in years 1-4.  In fact all except Schmidt and Hatfield did notably worse and both Schmidt and Hatfield ended up leaving the program of their own choice.

Fact is there is an overwhelming certainty that Arkansas coaches show what they have or don't have in their first four years.  The wait till next year mentality is legitimate after year one or two but is laughable by years 5-6-7.

Interesting trend analysis.  I favor the analytical approach to coaching decisions.  I have said many times before, I like CBB as an individual, but he doesn't get paid +$4M for me to like him.  He gets paid to win at a high level, and he hasn't been able to accomplish that here.  Perhaps there are a variety of reasons, but it isn't happening.  I hope he has success, if not here, somewhere.  However, if drastic improvement isn't made by season's end, we need to move on.  I don't have confidence in JL to select a coach, and I certainly don't like being tethered to an unsuccessful coach.  IMHO we need to get rid of JL, and let the next AD make the coaching decisions.  JL put the program here, and doesn't seem inclined to pull us out (unless he senses his job is on the line).  So far, he has successfully turned our program into the "Pitt" of the SEC.

Edit:  I can't bring myself to trash players or coaches, or embrace failure, as the original OP suggests.

Redhogs

Quote from: Switchback on September 14, 2017, 09:36:01 pm
Your right.  It will become a full on emotional event.
As it should..football is an emotional game. That's why it's so popular, it invokes emotions in people that watch it and players that play it...unless you are the current Razorback team, which looks and plays totally emotionless.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

You speak for the sheep, allot of us have seen this movie too many times...and have had enough. But you go ahead and enjoy, because Bert ain't going anywhere while Jeffe is driving this bus. As far as going to a bowl, 5-7 teams go to bowls now, the have become meaningless unless they are on New Years day, and that is not happening EVER as long as Bert is roaming the sidelines.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Switchback on September 14, 2017, 09:16:32 pm

C'mon Switchback...You should know that if you don't smear, defame, publicly insult, social media bully, internet shame CBB, AD, the coaching staff and even players then you're not a TRUE Hog fan. True Hogs fans smear everything within keyboard sight and have the ability to change out coaching staff's when it's not going the way they would like...Geezus man, get out from under that rock!!!!   ::) 

Redhogs

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 15, 2017, 08:04:08 am
C'mon Switchback...You should know that if you don't smear, defame, publicly insult, social media bully, internet shame CBB, AD, the coaching staff and even players then you're not a TRUE Hog fan. True Hogs fans smear everything within keyboard sight and have the ability to change out coaching staff's when it's not going the way they would like...Geezus man, get out from under that rock!!!!   ::)
Fans have a right to get upset when they are getting conned....that's why they are fans....poor baby gets paid $4 mill a year, think he can stand an insult or two after putting a product like that on the field Sat.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on September 14, 2017, 09:24:51 pm

I'll still be upset if TCU goes 10-2 because it isn't just about losing to TCU, it's about how we have looked as a team in at least our last 4 games. It's about how poorly we played against TCU.  If we had looked like we were at lest competent and still lost it would be another issue all together  It's about the compounded inexplicable losses and running our head into a wall doing the same things over and over without improvement.

hobhog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 15, 2017, 09:02:02 am
Fans have a right to get upset when they are getting conned....that's why they are fans....poor baby gets paid $4 mill a year, think he can stand an insult or two after putting a product like that on the field Sat.

He addresses social media and criticism in todays ADG...........

hobhog

Pig in the Pokey

NEXT season? Your definition of crystal clear differs from mine, alt/plant account dude. THIS year tells the tale, and if he loses the next two HE GONE.

And gtfooh with the whole this aint the 60s. WE JUST WON 11 games 5 years ago, and the year before that we won 10. AND THIS AFTER cowards like you said that same tired excuse. you are only off by HALF A CENTURY. >:(
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang