Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will keep us from firing CBB this year?

Started by nwahogfan1, September 14, 2017, 05:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

Lets say CBB only wins 1, 2 or even 3 SEC games this year which gives him even a worse SEC record after 5 years.  That should be justified for him being fired?    But he will not because of his huge buy out.   I understand it is more than 8 million.  I know CBB is doing a great job keeping the program clean and the players like him and doing very wll in school.  But his win/loss record is what he will be judged on.

I think Long made a huge mistake in giving a coach who had a losing SEC record at the time a huge buy out.  WHY do that when CBB already had a long term no cut Contract worth Millions.    That should be enough.  Now I would want a coach with a big multi-year contract to have to pay us if he decides to walk.  But at the same time I do not think Long made this decision on his on so several folks should be called out on such a one sided deal.

Athog

Let's say he wins 10 as long as we are pretending. Then he fires you! LOL
Get real we have discussed this to nausea!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dirty

You being from NWA should know?   I'm just a poor North Little Rock boy!

Athog

Quote from: Dirty on September 14, 2017, 05:46:54 pm
You being from NWA should know?   I'm just a poor North Little Rock boy!

So sorry! Cry me a river!

GuvHog

After the loss to TCU in DWRRS, I think CBB needs to win at least 8 regular season games to keep his job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Athog

HiggiePiggy

All he needs to do is win 6 and if Texas A&M is one of those wins then he will be fine for another 2 or 3 years.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HogimusMaximus

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 14, 2017, 05:52:58 pm
All he needs to do is win 6 and if Texas A&M is one of those wins then he will be fine for another 2 or 3 years.

I think you're right, unless the losses are so non-competitive that we're getting blown off the field by 50 points...which we've seen happen.  I really think the UA likes everything about what BB is doing, minus the W-L record, and they are going to ride the "We need stability" train until it's just obvious that it's going off the tracks. 

If they completely go off the rails this season and end up winning 3-4 games, and attendance drops dramatically, it wouldn't surprise me a ton to see him sent packing.  They're spending a TON of money on the stadium renovations, and at some point you have to start thinking about the ramifications of letting it get too far out of hand, and needing another 4 years just to rebuild the program. 

For a long time, I have questioned if BB would work out.  But one thing I always clinged to was that he would always focus on the trenches, and that by doing that, you are usually some play makers and a solid defense away from a potentially FAST turnaround.  Sadly....now I'm even questioning that when we're having to start Walk-ons on the lines.  That doesn't scream great recruiting.    :(
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hogwild

QuoteLets say CBB only wins 1, 2 or even 3 SEC games this year which gives him even a worse SEC record after 5 years.  That should be justified for him being fired?    But he will not because of his huge buy out.

break it down assuming wins over NMST & CoC

win 1 SEC game is a 4-8 season, leaves him 11-29 in conference play. No one comes back from that.
win 2 SEC games is a 5-7 season, leaves him 12-28 in conference play, doubtful he returns.
win 3 SEC games is a 6-6 season, and trip to a bowl game. Would have a chance for his 4th straight winning season and third bowl win in 4 years. Likely returns.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hogwild on September 14, 2017, 06:30:12 pm

break it down assuming wins over NMST & CoC

win 3 SEC games is a 6-6 season, and trip to a bowl game. Would have a chance for his 4th straight winning season and third bowl win in 4 years. Likely returns.

maybe not if they lost the Bowl..

East TN HAWG

AM is imperative.  Then he needs to play well against MO and the bowl game.   If he plays well at the end, then Long can spin it for one more.

1.  The buyout.  2.  Jeff Long likes BB and feels he is doing a decent job.  3.  I don't believe the Real Powers at UofA are fed up enough yet to pull the plug.  4.  BB may decide to put a little effort into the program and stoke it up just enough to escape.