Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bill O'Brien

Started by Polecat, September 14, 2017, 11:21:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Could be out of a job with the Texans at the end of the season, if things don't improve. Had a good run turning around a very tough situation at Penn State.
Possible candidate if the Hogs have an opening?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

RME

Quote from: Polecat on September 14, 2017, 11:21:17 am
Could be out of a job with the Texans at the end of the season, if things don't improve. Had a good run turning around a very tough situation at Penn State.

If things don't improve? They're 0-1. They've won the AFC South two years in a row under him. They've got a rookie QB who could turn out to be pretty good.

Do some of you guys just google "football coaches" and create threads for the first name that pops up?

Tusks

Quote from: Polecat on September 14, 2017, 11:21:17 am

Possibly, I always thought the hogs best chance was take a guy that is a better college coach than pro coach.

Holtz and Patrino.  I think I'm biased because after JFB those are my two favorite hog coaches.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 14, 2017, 11:23:50 am
If things don't improve? They're 0-1. They've won the AFC South two years in a row under him. They've got a rookie QB who could turn out to be pretty good.

Do some of you guys just google "football coaches" and create threads for the first name that pops up?

Hahahahahahaha!!!  ;D

We're 1-1 and still a week away from the next game and how many more posts about "the next possible HBC" do we have to endure?!?!?  Thanks for addressing RME!!!

Polecat

I live in Houston. There's as much or more heat on O'Brien as there is on our coach. No need to Google. They lost to a Jags team that has been horrible and the Texans have had a revolving door at QB since he's been there. Try not to be a jerk.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/article/Smith-Bill-O-Brien-staring-last-best-shot-Texans-12197631.php

Kevin

no he cannot get along with qb's
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tusks

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 14, 2017, 11:27:12 am
Hahahahahahaha!!!  ;D

We're 1-1 and still a week away from the next game and how many more posts about "the next possible HBC" do we have to endure?!?!?  Thanks for addressing RME!!!

I think a 53 game sample size tells hog fans all they need to know and what they know is the hogs need a new HBC.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RME

Quote from: Polecat on September 14, 2017, 11:30:57 am
I live in Houston. There's as much or more heat on O'Brien as there is on our coach. No need to Google. They lost to a Jags team has been horrible and the Texans have had a revolving door at QB since he's been there. Try not to be a jerk.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/article/Smith-Bill-O-Brien-staring-last-best-shot-Texans-12197631.php

Not trying to be a jerk. I apologize. But when it's obvious our head guy isn't going anywhere anytime soon, it gets old seeing multiple threads pop up daily about random football coaches as being our next guy. Yes, the NFL is a revolving door of head coaches, but out of all of those, why O'Brien?

Polecat

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 14, 2017, 11:34:35 am
Not trying to be a jerk. I apologize. But when it's obvious our head guy isn't going anywhere anytime soon, it gets old seeing multiple threads pop up daily about random football coaches as being our next guy. Yes, the NFL is a revolving door of head coaches, but out of all of those, why O'Brien?

Because he did a hell of a job at Penn State. And also because college coaches who tried the NFL and failed then go back to college have been really successful in some cases.
O'Brien's demeanor doesn't play well with spoiled NFL athletes, but his disciplinarian, no-BS style might be just what the Hogs need, IF reggae flip flop guy get canned.
CBB might not go anywhere, but man ... I'm ready to cut bait and give someone else a try

Big_Red_1

Dowell Loggains  will be entering his 10th year in the NFL and will be eligible for a pension.  He is on record as wanting to be the head coach at Arkansas. He is with the Chicago Bears as the OC.  Also on the Bears staff is Jerimiah Washburn, OL coach.  Washburn spent his early coaching career in Fayetteville.  Should Brett not be retained, Loggains is the man. He young but has the experience and could be a Bobby P type of coach without the off field drama and dirty mouth.

Check out the Bears this weekend.
I'm fond of pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.   Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

OFTEN WRONG BUT NEVER IN DOUBT!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Big_Red_1 on September 14, 2017, 11:47:12 am
Dowell Loggains  will be entering his 10th year in the NFL and will be eligible for a pension.  He is on record as wanting to be the head coach at Arkansas. He is with the Chicago Bears as the OC.  Also on the Bears staff is Jerimiah Washburn, OL coach.  Washburn spent his early coaching career in Fayetteville.  Should Brett not be retained, Loggains is the man. He young but has the experience and could be a Bobby P type of coach without the off field drama and dirty mouth.

Check out the Bears this weekend.

I'd love it if he was the replacement. He might be able to win big with CBB's players.

RazorPiggie

Yes they do.

sickboy

If there is one coach I want nothing do with... it's BOB.

hoghearted

Quote from: sickboy on September 14, 2017, 02:36:32 pm
If there is one coach I want nothing do with... it's BOB.
ditto
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

The Anti-Longhorn

I live in Houston as well.  Not sure about BOB.  He is taking serious heat right now.  If they don't get better, he will be looking for a new job.  He has too much talent to lose the way he did Sunday. 

He did a great job at Penn State.  I have a lot of respect for the way he came in to a bad situation and made something positive out of it.  He is a Belichick disciple.  My guess is that he will try to stay in the NFL. 

If he did want to come to the college ranks, I think he would have to adapt his offense quite a bit.  Not sure how that would work out.
Go Hogs!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Horrible and he has a butt on his chin. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The Anti-Longhorn

Are you watching this game? Doesn't this look like UA football?
Go Hogs!