Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville feel Different?

Started by EulessHog, September 14, 2017, 07:49:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EulessHog

Huge shift of opinion here.  How will it morph after the ATM game?

Another loss and....?

We win and...?

I say CBB is an idiot either way.
Go Hogs Go!

rhames

One thing that has made it worse is that there isn't a game Saturday. Come next Tuesday most folks will settle down and start buying in again. Now if they lose to A&M things will go very south very quickly.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

jgphillips3

I don't think there will be much "buying in again" until after the game.  After two disastrous final games last year, a lackluster FAMU game and a horrible TCU game, I think at best people will quiet down in a wait and see stance but without any buy in.  If we lose...you'll have less chance to be hit by wheels flying off at a NASCAR event.

SemperHawg

It is becoming increasingly obvious that Coach B is feeling pressure from at least the fan base and media given his comments in his presser yesterday.  I am starting to think no matter what this dude won't be able to get out of his own way when it comes to running his mouth.  If we lose to A&M we already know how bad that will be.  I wonder what he says if he manages to beat A&M?  There was more of a tone of tone def arrogant indigence than I have heard out of the man since he's been here in yesterdays presser.  I honestly don't think he can help himself when he gets in front of a microphone. 

I say all that to say this, its becoming more and more obvious that this experiment is over weather he is let go or he leaves.  Things have grown very toxic.  Part of this may not even be his fault, after the 10 years with Nutt and how crazy things got, this fan base/media is going to be far less tolerant in letting things even get to the point they did with Houston.   

Now the real million dollar question is, does Jeff Long hitch his wagon to Brett and ride out of town with him or does he turn on him and cut him loose to save himself.

(sorry, that didn't have a tone to do with you original question but is just where I see the program at right now)

Ragnar Hogbrok

The only way most people buy in again is if that win column inflates and we don't look like a high school team when we play the top teams in the SEC.  Still may not be enough.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hawgon

The one thing that is dependable about Bielema is that he will let you down.  If he beats A&M there will be plenty of instances this year where he lets us down again.  Beating A&M won't prove much except that they're circling a little farther down the toilet bowl than we are.

DeltaBoy

We were sold a bill of goods over the summer by Long and CBB and last week was an epic failure.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BallHog1

It feels kind of like Poland felt in WWII, always prepared to give up at a moment's notice. But that's nothing new here.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: EulessHog on September 14, 2017, 07:49:13 am

Another loss and....?

We win and...?

Dude, C'mon man!!! I'm not to ecstatic about the state of Hog football but to call CBB whom is still the head coach an idiot is social media bullying and kinda showing your maturity level...Please don't take that the wrong way but you can some intelligence and voice your displeasure in the Coaching Staff or on the field play execution is good or horrible by the boys without being a keyboard bully.  Just saying bro

bigeasyhog

Well, you know, he is 8-7 in his past 15 games coached, so he's right on pace.

hogcard1964

There'll be an uptick in favor of Bret.  Hogs will win that game.  ...big.

Kevin

Long has really stepped in it, imo
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rhames

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 14, 2017, 10:18:09 am
There'll be an uptick in favor of Bret.  Hogs will win that game.  ...big.

Yeap.

I'm no Bret guy but there are only 2 teams left that will be impossible to beat.

Now I'm not  saying Bret wins the other 8. He won't. He will get to 6 or 7 and A&M will be one of them.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 14, 2017, 10:21:23 am

Yeap.

I'm no Bret guy but there are only 2 teams left that will be impossible to beat.

Now I'm not  saying Bret wins the other 8. He won't. He will get to 6 or 7 and A&M will be one of them.

+1000, we could still easily win 7 games.  Which still isn't good, but it will keep him from being canned right after the season.

At the same time, if he loses to these schlepps, all hell is going to break lose next Saturday and this place will be temporarily shut down.

hawgon

Why wouldn't he lose to A&M?  We should have beaten them every year except for his first year and last year.   

We lose by three TDs.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 10:29:25 am
Why wouldn't he lose to A&M?  We should have beaten them every year except for his first year and last year.   

We lose by three TDs.

This isn't those Texas A & M teams.  No QB, no defensive line, no defensive secondary and a coach that's essentially gone already.  Hogs win this one easily.

hawgon

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 14, 2017, 10:31:09 am
This isn't those Texas A & M teams.  No QB, no defensive line, no defensive secondary and a coach that's essentially gone already.  Hogs win this one easily.

Uh no.  Did you watch the first half of the UCLA game?  Austin Allen may leave the game on a cart.  As for the no QB, the senior is serviceable and he'll get the start this weekend and build a little momentum going into our game.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 10:41:37 am
Uh no.  Did you watch the first half of the UCLA game?  Austin Allen may leave the game on a cart.  As for the no QB, the senior is serviceable and he'll get the start this weekend and build a little momentum going into our game.

Mond or Hubanek?  Mond is outright awful.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 14, 2017, 10:47:01 am
Mond or Hubanek?  Mond is outright awful.
It'll be Hubanek.  heck, I wouldn't be surprised if HBC Sumlin puts in his 5* freshman QB that signed this past year.

arkansas proud77

Playing a Tcu team, with speed everywhere,  and small linebackers.   David williams had 6.5 yds a carry.  Could anyone imagine running agim and cantrell against  those guys.  270 lbs, sub 4.6. guys..  Those guys every play, against 175 lb linebackers.  Just line em up and say stop this.  The outcome would have been different.  Both of them ran the ball in High school.  Agim even returned kicks.   I know that wouldn"t work against lsu.  Tcu plays small and fast.  We needed to use our size advantage on their middle defense.

DeltaBoy

Another loss and....?

We win and...?

Reminds me of the last 2 years of HDN!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rhames

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 10:29:25 am

We lose by three TDs.

Ok by that logic he has a decent shot to beat all the other sec teams outside bama.

toxichog

Another loss and....?

We win and...?

You say CBB is an idiot either way.........let's see......he makes in excess of 4 million dollars a year coaching football at UA.  If you fire him he gets paid 10 - 15 million dollars in a lump sum to go away.  If that is being an idiot, where do I sign up.
The only valid argument that Bret ain't too bright.........is that he left a Wisconsin where he consistently went to the Rose Bowl to come to Arkansas, which hasn't been a big-time football school in 50 years..........so that he could compete with Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and Texas A&M every year, knowing they would be loaded with 4 and 5 star players every year..............maybe you have a point.

PossumFan

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 14, 2017, 10:13:08 am
Dude, C'mon man!!! I'm not to ecstatic about the state of Hog football but to call CBB whom is still the head coach an idiot is social media bullying and kinda showing your maturity level...Please don't take that the wrong way but you can some intelligence and voice your displeasure in the Coaching Staff or on the field play execution is good or horrible by the boys without being a keyboard bully.  Just saying bro

That's right. The mature way to criticize is to call him Bert or, better yet, "fat Bert." That's how all the deep thinkers on Hogville roll.

010HogFan

Quote from: arkansas proud77 on September 14, 2017, 10:52:23 am
Playing a Tcu team, with speed everywhere,  and small linebackers.   David williams had 6.5 yds a carry.  Could anyone imagine running agim and cantrell against  those guys.  270 lbs, sub 4.6. guys..  Those guys every play, against 175 lb linebackers.  Just line em up and say stop this.  The outcome would have been different.  Both of them ran the ball in High school.  Agim even returned kicks.   I know that wouldn"t work against lsu.  Tcu plays small and fast.  We needed to use our size advantage on their middle defense.

Stop it. We should have just kept running the ball with the guy getting 6.5 yds a carry.